• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN - Flash Sale - US

If you own a Vita buy Child of Light.

It is the perfect rpg for on the go with unique gameplay and a fairy that heals,slows enemy attacks,puts enemies to sleep and is controlled as if using a mouse cursor.There isn't any real grinding just story,battles and gameplay the battles themselves are easy input wise yet with the fairy can get very tactical.

Can't decide between the Vita version or PS4 version.. I don't game on the go too much, what about visually and gameplay wise how do the two compare?

Corpse Party: Blood Drive is NOT meant to be played as a standalone. You must play the first two games on PSP to fully understand.
Ah, I see. Damn. :/ Thanks for the info.
I just skimmed through metacritic and one review says there's no challenge for the player at all, does that sound accurate? Just doesn't really tally with the game being complex and needing a FAQ. I'm on the verge of buying it but not sure.
You basically have to play the game on hard to get the most out of it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The *only* game I'm waiting on right now to get discounted is Odin Sphere. Maybe black Friday. :

Sony really needs to implement gifting, holy shit why don't you have it.

I assume it's because it would be so pathetically easy for people to steal games on PSN if gifting was available given how easy it seemed to be to have your account hacked.

Now that 2FA is a thing, maybe they can start to consider the possibility.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Digimonstory CyberSleuth is absolutely worth $24. I finished it last month I believe and had about 90 hours logged in. Take a good scoop of the monster raising from Pokemon and mix it with the modern Jpop style of say Persona or Tokyo Mirage Sessions and thats what you have here.

Digimonstory CyberSleuth is absolutely worth $24. I finished it last month I believe and had about 90 hours logged in. Take a good scoop of the monster raising from Pokemon and mix it with the modern Jpop style of say Persona or Tokyo Mirage Sessions and thats what you have here.

I'm tempted but I wonder if I shouldn't just wait for the sequel at this point.

Lynx_7

I wasn't planning on buying anything else this year besides FF XV but I coudln't say no to Digital Devil Saga 1, 2 and Cyber Sleuth :(
My wallet deeply regrets my choice, but I do not.
I'm tempted but I wonder if I shouldn't just wait for the sequel at this point.
There's no announced sequel as far as I know. The new game for the Vita and PS4 is of an entirely different style.

I wasn't planning on buying anything else this year besides FF XV but I coudln't say no to Digital Devil Saga 1, 2 and Cyber Sleuth :(
My wallet deeply regrets my choice, but I do not.

There's no announced sequel as far as I know. The new game for the Vita and PS4 is of an entirely different style.

Oh, Next Order doesn't play like Cybersleuth?

Completely different type of game.

This is a fantastic price for this, don't sleep on it.

Yeah, I just bought it. My hesitation was more about my backlog than anything, but if these are different types of Digimon games than it won't matter much if I don't get around to Cyber Sleuth for a bit.

Phatmac

I just skimmed through metacritic and one review says there's no challenge for the player at all, does that sound accurate? Just doesn't really tally with the game being complex and needing a FAQ. I'm on the verge of buying it but not sure.
The leveling system is hard to grasp at first if you haven't played a Digimon game before. The game isn't too hard, but there are a lot of systems that aren't explained.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The leveling system is hard to grasp at first if you haven't played a Digimon game before. The game isn't too hard, but there are a lot of systems that aren't explained.

Like evolving and devolving to increase CAM and ABI to get that illusive Lilithmon so she can wreck fools.

Pachinko

If I like metroidvanias will I like the Shantae games?

Maybe, I love Shantae games myself but I'd say they have more in common with Wonder Boy 2-4 then Metroid. The PS4 versions are fine but the best place to play them is on a 3DS , the art looks better on the smaller screen (I suppose that's a really IMHO though).

kurahador

Something about Shantae games you guys should know, there's a massive level spike in them. If you get to a stage where you died 10-20 times, try not to be discouraged.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I know it's not necessarily apart of this bundle, but is assassin's creed unity worth $20?

i remember hearing the ps4 version of digimon was kind of a shitty port. should i get it on vita?
You heard wrong. PS4 version has better resolution and I believe framerate. Vita is only really better if you want it portable.
Neither are terrible versions of the game, but if both are equally valid choices I'd say go with PS4.
I played and got the Plat on Vita FWIW.

Digimon is interesting, will have to look into the battle system, etc.

Is the story anything to write home about?
The first half of the game, not really, but by the end it's actually surprisingly decent. I didn't expect the depth it had from a Digimon game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I bought the PS3 Fairy Fencer in that Golden Week sale Sony had in 2014. Is it worth it to get the PS4 version or not really?

Is REVELATOR worth it if you already own SIGN and don't play online?

If you want more characters and more stuff to unlock it's a fantastic deal. You'd pay that much to buy the new characters as DLC anyway, but with this you get new modes, a new story, and system adjustments as well.

I bought the PS3 Fairy Fencer in that Golden Week sale Sony had in 2014. Is it worth it to get the PS4 version or not really?
It's an updated version of the same game. Different endings, more characters, updated combat. Definitely a better game. Not really any big graphical changes though. Depends on if the ~$20 is worth that for you or not, really.

The first half of the game, not really, but by the end it's actually surprisingly decent. I didn't expect the depth it had from a Digimon game.

Thanks! Actually, a more sensible question probably should have been "if I don't really know or care about Digimon, would I still get much out of the game?"

That's probably the thing I really need to know!

depends on how relevant the story is to you. it's otherwise mostly the same game with a few new characters
If you want more characters and more stuff to unlock it's a fantastic deal. You'd pay that much to buy the new characters as DLC anyway, but with this you get new modes, a new story, and system adjustments as well.

Thanks. I might bite. Watched SIGN's story and although I didn't quite get it and forgot a lot of it already I enjoyed it enough to give REVELATOR a try.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Thanks! Actually, a more sensible question probably should have been "if I don't really know or care about Digimon, would I still get much out of the game?"

That's probably the thing I really need to know!

I didn't know shit about actual Digimon lore and I enjoyed it. I think you really only need to know is "here is a monster team, they fight for you. Level them up for new skills and when they meet certain requirements, you can change them to even more powerful monsters"

Lots of other games have featured this mechanic to some degree so if you enjoy that, then you are good to go. I do not think there is anything so esoteric and specific to the Digimon franchise that if you don't know it you won't like the game. It was pretty much a stand alone title, I think there is a late game side quest that deals with a previous Digimon character/storyline, that maybe longtime fans would get additional enjoyment out of.

netguy503

So are Digimon and Dragonball (w/season pass) good picks for the price?

BTW, based Best Buy is doing buy 1 PSN card, get one 20% off for the last day of this flash sale and throughout this week. Just wanted to let you know so you could save more.

Shoeless

I know it's not necessarily apart of this bundle, but is assassin's creed unity worth $20?

$20 is an okay price for a "so-so" AC game. It's been patched obviously, so the performance issues aren't anywhere near as bad as at launch. That doesn't help the fact that it's an incredibly bloated game, with a lot of superfluous content that doesn't really go anywhere.

I'm OCD, so I tried to do every single thing in the game, and it took dozens of hours. If you ignore the side-content and just play what interests you, I'm sure you'll get $20 worth of entertainment out of it. If you try to do everything, sheer boredom may make you quit the game entirely. The first time you look at the world map and see just how many icons are spread everywhere, it's almost demoralizing. There is just too much padding in the game.

So I'm having an issue. I go to buy games (when I have hundreds upon hundreds of time before with no problem) and it won't let me complete my transaction. It's telling me to go into my account transaction history but I don't know how that's supposed to solve anything. I tried mobile, Web, same thing. Looked online for a solution and doesn't seem like there is one. Any suggestions?

So I'm having an issue. I go to buy games (when I have hundreds upon hundreds of time before with no problem) and it won't let me complete my transaction. It's telling me to go into my account transaction history but I don't know how that's supposed to solve anything. I tried mobile, Web, same thing. Looked online for a solution and doesn't seem like there is one. Any suggestions?
I get the same issue about once per month.
Buying PSN codes off of Amazon or wherever and using those gets the transaction to go through and then I'm good for a while.

Picked up Digimon Cyber Sleuth for Vita. Really really liking it so far.
Pretty fun and reminiscent of Persona 4 in terms of how the gameplay is paced.

Top Bottom