• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN - Flash Sale - US

Only thing I picked up from this was Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations. My wife and I are playing through and she seems to love it so far.

I tried to buy some stuff but it keeps saying error and on transaction history it says "missed charges". Has anyone had that problem before?

Garland7G

I bought two games I've had my eye on for awhile now. Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed and Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment. I haven't tried Akiba yet, but I did play Sword Art for about an hour so far. My question is, does it ever stop being a visual novel? In my hour of play, I've spent at least 40 minutes sifting through text and I don't mean the tutorials..

preta

Are the Arland Atelier games easier to get into than Ayesha? I had a hard time with the latter. It felt like the alchemy system was barely explained.

Sony's store is so infuriating! I've been trying to buy Day of the Tentacle for my Vita for the past two days, I've tried using both paypal and a credit card, I made sure the information is written exactly the same, but I keep getting an error when I try to add funds to my wallet. My credit card is Canadian and I'm using the NA store but I'm accessing it from Europe. Is this the problem? Is there anyway around it?
Trying to figure out their support system is almost as complicated so I figured I could get an answer here quicker than there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Verelios

Are the Arland Atelier games easier to get into than Ayesha? I had a hard time with the latter. It felt like the alchemy system was barely explained.
Yep, very clear cut and concise. It's basically, find this ingredient, put x amount, waste y amount days, get z amount product. It also does a great job of easing you into the more complicated alchemy.

My credit card is Canadian and I'm using the NA store but I'm accessing it from Europe. Is this the problem?

Yes, obviously!

You can't use a credit card or PayPal from a different country on a PSN store. You could use an NA card on the NA store from Europe, but not a Canadian one. Your options are to either use the Canadian store (obviously not on a Vita), or buy some NA PSN money from GAF or amazon.com with your Canadian card and spend that.

OuterLimits

Tears to Tiara 2 on PS3 is a surprisingly good visual novel/srpg. Love the music in the game as well. It's definitely more of a visual novel early in the game though as story sequences can last 30 minutes and battles are sparse. The srpg aspect does become more frequent after the first 5 hours but you need to be a fan of both genres if considering a purchase.

Ennosuke

I bought One Piece and Neptunia. I played the first OP: PW game and it was fun, so I guess it is a good choice. And for Neptunia let's see it is my first game.

cordy

Banned
Wow...

Yall weren't kidding about this new Guilty Gear. Been playing for the past few hours and just entered Story Mode. Only had 1 GG game prior to this and I didn't check out it's story but man, insane. It's like an anime. Everything from gameplay to music to graphics and even story is top notch.

Yes, obviously!

You can't use a credit card or PayPal from a different country on a PSN store. You could use an NA card on the NA store from Europe, but not a Canadian one. Your options are to either use the Canadian store (obviously not on a Vita), or buy some NA PSN money from GAF or amazon.com with your Canadian card and spend that.

I don't understand, I am using the Canadian online store and it still doesn't work.

L.O.R.D

got Child of Light Ultimate Edition – $5.62
already have it on steam,but without DLC,and the steam version require Uplay,so,screw it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't understand, I am using the Canadian online store and it still doesn't work.
The path of least resistance right now is to just buy PSN US cards on Amazon.com and then redeeming those.

Of course that might leave you with odd amount of dollars left in your PSN wallet.

Kwixotik

I bought Cyber Sleuth for my girlfriend because she's always referencing Digimon and likes jrpgs. Can't really afford it, but it seemed necessary lol. It seems a little janky though. The title screen literally has the text "Press Any button" formatted like that.

HotHamBoy

Wow...

Yall weren't kidding about this new Guilty Gear. Been playing for the past few hours and just entered Story Mode. Only had 1 GG game prior to this and I didn't check out it's story but man, insane. It's like an anime. Everything from gameplay to music to graphics and even story is top notch.

The visuals constantly blow my mind.

This > realism. When we look back on this gen in future years GGXrd is going to be the game that ages the most gracefully.

HotHamBoy

Do you already have Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (you really should)?

Do you like casual, fun, kusoge doujin fighting games?

Do you like ridiculous anime trash starring generic-looking female characters?

Do you like the idea of using cats as weapons?

Do you like Arcana Heart or Aquapazza?

Nitroplus Blazterz is the game for you at just $11.99!!!

Bask in the glory:
https://youtu.be/dQJmR37s454

Combos!! (That first character is Homura from Senran Kagura)
https://youtu.be/sgXh46yeVYA

I just bought it, it's-a good game.

The path of least resistance right now is to just buy PSN US cards on Amazon.com and then redeeming those.

Of course that might leave you with odd amount of dollars left in your PSN wallet.

I am basically ready to give up. I went to amazon to buy a card but then that would be a physical card that would need to be shipped which also didn't work. Then I found a site pcgamesupply.com selling canadian download psn credit but then my order wouldn't go through there either through paypal or my credit card either. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get back to Canada next year. ugh!

EDIT: Tried Play-Asia, it took a few hours but it finally worked. So frustrating but I am stoked to finally be able to play Day of the Tentacle on the go.

DR2K

Banned
Do you already have Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (you really should)?

Do you like casual, fun, kusoge doujin fighting games?

Do you like ridiculous anime trash starring generic-looking female characters?

Do you like the idea of using cats as weapons?

Do you like Arcana Heart or Aquapazza?

Nitroplus Blazterz is the game for you at just $11.99!!!

Bask in the glory:
https://youtu.be/dQJmR37s454

Combos!! (That first character is Homura from Senran Kagura)
https://youtu.be/sgXh46yeVYA

I just bought it, it's-a good game.

Wouldn't have bought it had I known there were DLC characters. I've spent more on shitty meals. It's surprisingly fun.

Got Digimon, Child of Light, and A Bug's Life

Tears to Tiara and the SMT games are tempting, but I don't have access to my ps3 right now.

HotHamBoy

Wouldn't have bought it had I known there were DLC characters. I've spent more on shitty meals. It's surprisingly fun.

Both characters were free at launch so I downloaded them back in January in case I ever bought the game, same with Guilty Gear.

kunonabi

Grabbed the two Senran Kagura titles and corpse party:blood drive. I'll have to wait for the next sale to grab yakuza 5 and GG.

bnx

Dariusburst - Double Dipping for Vita
Ni no kuni
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Would get Digimon Vita but I have the Preorder DLC activated on my PS4 and cross save won't work properly if I don't have that Same DLC on Vita, from my understanding.

wtd2009

Any thoughts on Digital Devil Saga?

Never played this series before, but I do have an affinity for jrpgs. Missed out on the PS2 generation, and have been buying up ports as they go on sale, is this worth it or no?

Shoeless

Any thoughts on Digital Devil Saga? Never played this series before, but I do have an affinity for jrpgs. Missed out on the PS2 generation, and have been buying up ports as they go on sale, is this worth it or no?

The Atlus JRPGs of the PS2 era have a special place in my heart, but they can be thematically bleak, and mechanically demanding. In a way games like SMT III: Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga series were like the Soulsbornes of JRPGs, where one mistake could wipe out your entire party. So even though they were turn-based, they could be pretty intense, and even regular mobs had to be treated as serious threats.

The DDS series has an interesting story that goes to some pretty crazy philosophical places, but that's typical of Atlus JRPGs most of the time anyway. It's an interesting take on the science fiction, post-apocalyptic genre, but the gameplay can be pretty demanding at times. If you don't mind a less forgiving, PS2 style JRPG experience then go for it. But these are harder games than the Persona series, so don't use those as your baseline.

SScorpio

Any thoughts on Digital Devil Saga?

Never played this series before, but I do have an affinity for jrpgs. Missed out on the PS2 generation, and have been buying up ports as they go on sale, is this worth it or no?

If you like SMT games they are fun. I tried translated version of the SNES games, but DDS were the first ones I really dove into and played all the way through.

fbutron

Sincerely if you some time saw Saintseiya give it a chance it surprised me a lot the fighting is really improved compared to the previous Ps3 games

The graphics and japanese voices are top notch and as always the music is superb

This and Child light make the sale worth

StereoVsn

Got Child of Light for the Vita even though I have it on Steam. Plus picked up Revelator. Great price and I picked up 2 free characters on release.

ar4757

Is the Atelier trilogy worth it? I'm a big Rune Factory/Story of Seasons fan which I think is fairly similar but I'm not positive if I'll like it

StereoVsn

Is the Atelier trilogy worth it? I'm a big Rune Factory/Story of Seasons fan which I think is fairly similar but I'm not positive if I'll like it
Yes, they are good games (Original Rorona was iffy but the remake is pretty good). That said I would just recommend going for Ayasha Plus at this point. It has updated UI, a bit better graphics, less time limit shenanigans.

Edit: It's also nothing like Story of Seasons and/or Rune Factory. It's an alchemy crafting RPG with some VN and RPG combat pieces.

ar4757

Yes, they are good games (Original Rorona was iffy but the remake is pretty good). That said I would just recommend going for Ayasha Plus at this point. It has updated UI, a bit better graphics, less time limit shenanigans.

Edit: It's also nothing like Story of Seasons and/or Rune Factory. It's an alchemy crafting RPG with some VN and RPG combat pieces.

Alright, thanks for the info.

I may do just that.

randomkid

anything different or wrong with valiant hearts ps3?

google is surprisingly unhelpful and the game is apparently not cross-buy

y'all are doing a good job of convincing me to get Digimons but im trying to resist. My backlog is too much and all these fall games are crazy

Hoping it goes cheaper down the line

sensui-tomo

y'all are doing a good job of convincing me to get Digimons but im trying to resist. My backlog is too much and all these fall games are crazy

Hoping it goes cheaper down the line

next time its probably going to go on sale will be around Digimon World: Next Order's release or just get reduced to a hard $30.

Top Bottom