• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN - Flash Sale - US

Arland trilogy is a great starting point if you haven't tried them before.

im on sophie and enjoy it very much cause i mostly just waste time making stuff

i know the arland trilogy has time limits and more straightforward objectives but that kind of turns me off from buying it

Is it worth it to buy the Arland trilogy, or should I wait for a further sale? I've never played an Aetelier game before, but I own Escha and Logy

wtd2009

The Atlus JRPGs of the PS2 era have a special place in my heart, but they can be thematically bleak, and mechanically demanding. In a way games like SMT III: Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga series were like the Soulsbornes of JRPGs, where one mistake could wipe out your entire party. So even though they were turn-based, they could be pretty intense, and even regular mobs had to be treated as serious threats.

The DDS series has an interesting story that goes to some pretty crazy philosophical places, but that's typical of Atlus JRPGs most of the time anyway. It's an interesting take on the science fiction, post-apocalyptic genre, but the gameplay can be pretty demanding at times. If you don't mind a less forgiving, PS2 style JRPG experience then go for it. But these are harder games than the Persona series, so don't use those as your baseline.

If you like SMT games they are fun. I tried translated version of the SNES games, but DDS were the first ones I really dove into and played all the way through.

Sounds good, I picked them up, looking forward to playing them. Thanks!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Digital Devil Saga runs like crap on PS3.

Awesome game though. As someone who loves Persona and isn't too hot on SMT, this hits all the right notes.

CazTGG

Good sale, though I own most of these already aside from Skullgirls Encore. Speaking of, is the PS3 version cross-buy with the Vita and PS4 version?

Is Child of Light a cross buy? Does it have cross save? Is it good on the Vita?

-Nope, it's not cross-buy (I own the Vita "Ultimate Edition" version but only the Vita version).
-Yes it's fine on the Vita, albeit it's not ideal since it's only running at 30fps whereas all the other versions run at 60fps. If you're fine with playing it at a lower framerate, it's a worthwhile (and thus far the only portable) way to play a fantastic homage to classic JRPGs. The Ultimate Edition doesn't have much in terms of substantial content compared to the vanilla game but it's a nice bonus to consider given that the game's on sale.

-Horizon-

I have the vita version of SAO hollow but haven't played in a while. Have they patched the script or is it still that google translated mess?

Because I might consider the ps4 version if that one is fixed.

ghibli99

I don't know what the hell's wrong w/ my PSN account, but I haven't been able to purchase anything since Friday. Have no idea how to reach Sony support either (they make it damn-near impossible to find). I just bought a card from Amazon so that I could grab what I wanted before the sale's over.

Wazzy

Banned
Picked up Child Of Light for Vita and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Great deals and I'll have to checkout PS3/PS4 options.

Endy MacK

For everyone picking up Child of Light on Vita over PS4: is it a better game on Vita?

If I only play my Vita at home, am I still better off buying it for that? I'm getting it either way, just want to have the best experience.

Reset

For everyone picking up Child of Light on Vita over PS4: is it a better game on Vita?

If I only play my Vita at home, am I still better off buying it for that? I'm getting it either way, just want to have the best experience.

Do you like playing turn based rpgs on a handheld or on a tv? I'm pretty sure there's no difference between the two versions.

Endy MacK

Do you like playing turn based rpgs on a handheld or on a tv? I'm pretty sure there's no difference between the two versions.

I suppose I prefer playing on TV. Wish it was cross-buy, tho :/ Thanks for your reply :)

Edit: Bought Child of Light on PS4, along with Day of the Tentacle.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So thinking about nitroplus and j stars.
I posted in the Nitro thread aswing about the game and trophy difficulty (also time frame to platinum).
As for j stars it looked interesting on the giant bomb ql but wasn't sure can anyone fill me in on the quality and exactly what type of game it is?

Any help would be super appreciated

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Meh...for less than 20 bucks...HUGE sucker for Warriors game here. Is Pirate Warriors 3 worth a shot? For reference, my top 3 Warriors games are DW8, SW4 and (well not Koei here) Dragon Quest Heroes.

Worth a shot? Keep in mind, I know sweet fuck all about One Piece.

Meh...for less than 20 bucks...HUGE sucker for Warriors game here. Is Pirate Warriors 3 worth a shot? For reference, my top 3 Warriors games are DW8, SW4 and (well not Koei here) Dragon Quest Heroes.

Yes it's definitely worth it. It's got crazy amount of content, and it's a ton of fun mowing down enemies with a wide array of playable characters that all plays differently.

SMK

Yeah I'd say so. The movesets are just better than the games you've mentioned. Several of the characters are just the pinnacle in fodder killing imo.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Those character dlc prices for revelator tho :<

I'll just wait for the final iteration

yeah, knowing their track record, there will probably just be another game, with all the characters included. Eventually I'll buy blazblue again.

Toki767

Grabbed Naruto + Season Pass, Nitroplus, Shantae, Digimon on Vita, and the Atelier Trilogy.

$79.95 after 20% off code.

I need to replenish my PSN Wallet.

Though I don't expect any decent sales until Black Friday.

lupinko

Those character dlc prices for revelator tho :<

I'll just wait for the final iteration

Those characters were initially free at the time of their release.

And have fun waiting 10 years, because Arc has outdone Capcom and SNK when it comes to updating games.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Yes it's definitely worth it. It's got crazy amount of content, and it's a ton of fun mowing down enemies with a wide array of playable characters that all plays differently.

Yeah I'd say so. The movesets are just better than the games you've mentioned. Several of the characters are just the pinnacle in fodder killing imo.

Alright I'll jump on it. Kind of feeling in the mood for beating up on 2000 enemies+, while listening to podcasts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those characters were initially free at the time of their release.

And have fun waiting 10 years, because Arc has outdone Capcom and SNK when it comes to updating games.
I'm not really that in a hurry to play GG so I can wait for their #+ version :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OK, GAF, you were right. I played Cyber Sleuth for 12 hours yesterday.

The game is so god damn good. Bought it on Vita, too, so I can cross-save and play it at work

SolVanderlyn

Would Digimon appeal to someone who's not invested in that franchise at all?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Would Digimon appeal to someone who's not invested in that franchise at all?

considering the Digimon Story series is as "vanilla" as it gets with Digimon (i.e. very generic/in common with other typical games), yeah it can be enjoyed by people outside the franchise.

Top Bottom