• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN - Flash Sale - US

ty_hot

I didnt like this flash sale as I am not into animes...But I got Child of Light (Vita) + Assassins Creed 4 (PS4) + Assassins Creed Unity (PS4).

Good deal for around 28 dollars. (bought in the Brazilian PSN). I miss playing AC (played the first one in the PS3, probably played the second as well).

HotHamBoy

Would Digimon appeal to someone who's not invested in that franchise at all?

That describes me and I think the game is awesome. I don't typically play monster catching games these days. The last one I tried was Pokemon X/Y. I found Cybersleuth far more entertaining and more my speed. First Digimon game I've played.

Oh fuck yeah. $12 for Nitroplus? :eek:

I bought it. It's worth it at that price, stupid fun.

So thinking about nitroplus and j stars.
I posted in the Nitro thread aswing about the game and trophy difficulty (also time frame to platinum).
As for j stars it looked interesting on the giant bomb ql but wasn't sure can anyone fill me in on the quality and exactly what type of game it is?

Any help would be super appreciated

J-Stars is the bad kind of garbage, skip it.

Nitroplus is the good kind of garbage, get it. Unless you don't have Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator because you should get that instead.

I'm not really that in a hurry to play GG so I can wait for their #+ version :p

It goes to arcade before it goes to japanese consoles before it comes here. There is no version beyond Revelator in arcades so we're looking at about two years before another game comes to western consoles,

sh1fty

I grabbed Day of the Tentacle Remastered for $5.99... Not sure if it's cross buy with Vita but it has a platinum trophy so that's cool. Looking forward to it.

netguy503

I grabbed Day of the Tentacle Remastered for $5.99... Not sure if it's cross buy with Vita but it has a platinum trophy so that's cool. Looking forward to it.

It is cross buy :)

It has a plat but so many bronze trophies. :(

The cool thing about it is you'll be playing the original Maniac Mansion in the game for a trophy so if you go for the plat you will have an old school 8 bit in game trophy image from the original game on your trophy list forever which I really enjoyed. :)

Picked up Chaild of Light Ultimate (already had the original version but buying this was cheaper than buying all the DLC, go figure) and Day of the Tentacle. Already had Grim Fandango. Anything else for relatively cheap people can recommend real quick?

Edit: Sale's over...nevermind :(

Word of advice, play Day of the Tentacle soon, don't let it sit in your backlog.

If this isn't on PS+ within the next six months I'd be amazed, so you'll be well annoyed if you'd paid for it and hadn't even played it yet!

21XX

Banned
This sale is waaaay too anime for me, but the deals are pretty good. Hoping for some similar ones in the future.

ckohler

I picked up Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on PS4 so I can play through that game before Half-Genie Hero comes out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, I got Digimon. Haven't even glanced at a monster series other than Pokemon for sixteen years. Hope you guys didn't let me down, I'm counting on your recommendations, haha.

So thinking about nitroplus and j stars.
I posted in the Nitro thread aswing about the game and trophy difficulty (also time frame to platinum).
As for j stars it looked interesting on the giant bomb ql but wasn't sure can anyone fill me in on the quality and exactly what type of game it is?

Any help would be super appreciated

J-Stars is a 2v2 fighter. A bit different from a traditional fighter since it is based on teamwork and matches take place on an arena sized map. Goal is to ko the enemy team for a total of 3 times. Easy to pick up as far as learning combos or bnbs. Doing well in a match is mostly about knowledge and being aware of your surroundings (What characters can do, assist management, victory burst management. team synergy, etc). Game lacks a training mode but there is no execution barrier so its not a big deal. Trophies are easy but extremely repetitive since it has you playing through the story mode 4 times with minor differences. Game has some fanservice gimmicks as well such as devil fruit users becoming weaker in water or Toriko chars stamina being restored with food. Game is really good and a bit underrated, Though I am biased. Goku Combo Video

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, I got Digimon. Haven't even glanced at a monster series other than Pokemon for sixteen years. Hope you guys didn't let me down, I'm counting on your recommendations, haha.

it's not even comparable to pokemon

honestly the monster thing is such a non-issue at Digimon Story games

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Digimon is anime as hell. It's alright, but not $25 alright. I'm not really enjoying the characters, monster design, or story at all. The setting is cool though.

Lynx_7

Digimon is anime as hell. It's alright, but not $25 alright. I'm not really enjoying the characters, monster design, or story at all. The setting is cool though.
Cyber Sleuth is quite tropey, yes. If you absolutely can't tolerate that kind of thing, you probably won't have a good time. Funnily enough, despite being aimed at children, the best Digimon seasons are generally better written and deal with their characters more maturely. They also avoid the pandering/fanservicey aspects of CS, which is why I think it's a bit sad to see the franchise resorting to that kind of stuff so overtly. Still, I've been completely addicted to the game so far and have been enjoying my time with it a lot so I can't complain much.

We'll have to disagree on monster design, though. I really like a lot of them, but being already attached due to previous experiences helps.

Top Bottom