• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale (US)

OmegaZero

I'd like to know as well. EDF2 to be specific. I've never played an EDF game. Is it a good place to jump in? I know you don't play for story but does it run well? Is it fun?

EDF's main draw is shooting tons of bugs onscreen so while the game does run well it will expectedly start dropping frames on later missions with more going on. The gameplay itself is pretty simple but you got a nice amount of enemy and weapon variety. Online is pretty much dead but I had a blast with my brother playing co op.

FreeMufasa

Random question but I added funds to my wallet via code but when I go to checkout it says I can't use that money. It asks to add a credit card, link PayPal or enter a code. Anyone else had this?

firelogic

EDF's main draw is shooting tons of bugs onscreen so while the game does run well it will expectedly start dropping frames on later missions with more going on. The gameplay itself is pretty simple but you got a nice amount of enemy and weapon variety. Online is pretty much dead but I had a blast with my brother playing co op.

Thanks! I guess I can't go wrong at $6. I'll try it out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How is Warhammer: Vermintide for those that own it? I remember reading about poor performance at launch...but WH40k introduced me to an awesome world that I would love to see more of. Especially in a FPS a la Left 4 Dead.

Worth the $12? Thanks in advance!
Worst analog controls on PS4. There's input lag mixed with massive aim acceleration. Feels dreadful. Play it right after something like Killing Floor 2 (another PC dev) and it's embarrassing how badly they implemented analog.

Gunkankun

Thanks all. Debating on still picking it up, despite possibly buying Witcher 3 soon....it just seems like a deal that is too good to pass up.

I am very intrigued at the Warhammer / 40k distinction....regardless, what I have seen of the game looks pretty nutso. Might watch a bunch of streams of the game to hype me in to buying it.

Also debating picking it up. How is the community on ps4? Is it tough to find a game?

I shouldn't buy anything since my backlog has like.. literally over 30 games in it at this point BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME

SO

As someone who has never played but always been curious about Metal Gear Solid, I see that the HD Collection is on sale for around $10. However I also see that it only has 2, 3, and a Vita game in it. Is that a good place to start? Or should I also get the MGS1 PSOne Classic?

Also, I have heard a lot of mixed to bad things about MGSV, is there.. I guess a good place to stop with MGS? Like should I just get the HD Collection and MGS4 and then be done with it, or is there any particular need for 5? Someone told me that Konami's not gonna make anymore "real" MGS games anymore so is V like the end of everything and worth it for closure or is it [that rumor and the game itself] a pack of shit?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I shouldn't buy anything since my backlog has like.. literally over 30 games in it at this point BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME

SO

As someone who has never played but always been curious about Metal Gear Solid, I see that the HD Collection is on sale for around $10. However I also see that it only has 2, 3, and a Vita game in it. Is that a good place to start? Or should I also get the MGS1 PSOne Classic?

Also, I have heard a lot of mixed to bad things about MGSV, is there.. I guess a good place to stop with MGS? Like should I just get the HD Collection and MGS4 and then be done with it, or is there any particular need for 5? Someone told me that Konami's not gonna make anymore "real" MGS games anymore so is V like the end of everything and worth it for closure or is it [that rumor and the game itself] a pack of shit?
Play MGS1 PSX version. Do it, don't go straight to 2.

People love to talk shit about MGSV, but it's great and absolutely worth $10. Still my favorite game from 2015. Maybe splurge and get the version that comes with Ground Zeroes, since it sets it up pretty well.

As said above, make sure to play MGS1 first. 2 and 3 are still fantastic games, and Peace Walker isn't bad, it just takes a ton of time to get the true ending.

Also MGS4 is the actual terrible game of the series.

Play MGS1 PSX version. Do it, don't go straight to 2.

Why in the fuck did they do it that way?

And of course MGS1 isn't part of the sale, blergh! Crazy that a 3-game collection and two massive "current-gen" games are all discounted down to $10 but the hella old PSX game isn't on sale *grumbles*

Maybe I'll pick up the HD Collection now but wait until MGS1 goes on sale to get it. I just got Bomberman R and Cave Story+ plus the rest of my backlog, I can wait...

People love to talk shit about MGSV, but it's great and absolutely worth $10. Still my favorite game from 2015. Maybe splurge and get the version that comes with Ground Zeroes, since it sets it up pretty well.

As said above, make sure to play MGS1 first. 2 and 3 are still fantastic games, and Peace Walker isn't bad, it just takes a ton of time to get the true ending.

Also MGS4 is the actual terrible game of the series.
Hmm hmm thanks!

Top Bottom