• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN NA - Sale of the Dead - Week 1

Thanks for this! Whats a better couch co-op game, RE5 or RE6? I will something that my casual friendly doesnt struggle with, and still is a thrill to play.

Thanks again!

RE5 is definitely better to play casually. RE6 would be pretty horrendous if you're not using the depth of the combat system and just shooting zombos in the head.

Also less stupid shit like QTEs

BrunOz

any opinions on Observer and Samurai Shodown 6? I'm interested in those ATM (and on Ruiner, apart from this sale)

Thanks for this! Whats a better couch co-op game, RE5 or RE6? I will something that my casual friendly doesnt struggle with, and still is a thrill to play.

Thanks again!

Gah, I hate 5 and love 6 but there's a list of caveats that go with that. 6 is great with these in mind:

whatever campaign you do first will suck because you have no upgrades yet. Once you get stronger RE6 becomes the best pro wrestling game you've ever played

co-op is a must, the game is just silly. It's like playing Saint's Row levels of stupid

for your situation with a casual friend and no struggle, I'd recommend 5. I freaking hate that game though

tootie923

Does Witcher 3 DLC ever go on sale?

I got them individually on a sale in Nov 2016 for about $17.50 total. I'd expect the Complete Edition to be more prominent in sales going forward. I know the Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY Edition was a better deal than buying the DLCs separately when I got it a year or two ago. At some point, it might be better just to get TW3 CE.

On another note, is The Technomancer okay for $9.99?

pixelation

I got Daydreamer, Zombie Vikings and Surgeon Simulator. I have only really played Daydreamer so far and i am loving it. My kind of weird!

-Horizon-

Need opinions on re5 and re6.
Have only played re4 and kind of liked it but felt it dragged on for too long. Wasn’t a fan of the control scheme either.

I'll say what I say in seemingly every one of these PSN sale threads: Crypt of the NecroDancer is an absolute steal at $2.99! Buy it! It's an incredible rhythm-based rogue-like.

So no one gonna answer ? I see how it is :(

I can only buy one, need to know which one is worth it.

From what I have seen over the years the first one is the best one (mainly because nostalgia but at the time it was a pretty impressive game ahead of its time) but the game is quite outdated and hard. 2nd is an improvement all over and its great . Off the Record is non-canon and basically DR2 with Frank, it further improves on the gameplay from 2, adds a few new things like sandbox and is the easiest of all 3. If you don't care about the story than OTR should be the one to get.

Rymuth

Have only played re4 and kind of liked it but felt it dragged on for too long. Wasn’t a fan of the control scheme either.
RE5 is overly long and lacks RE4s charm. It has its fans due to the coop focus.

RE6 might be more your cup of tea since it has separate campaigns and a number of control schemes for you to choose from

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Buy RE5 and completely ignore RE6. Keep in mind (and you can verify), I platinumed RE6 on PS3 AND PS4. It's The Room of videogames. It's good because of how shitty it is. RE5 is the best co-op campaign ever IMO. If you felt RE4 dragged on too long, well it's a 15 hours long game. RE6 is at least 30.

Reset

Don't listen to the people that are recommending 5 over 6 for a casual person. 6 is the easier game, and the control scheme would be less annoying. They're both pretty good games though.

mollipen

Ok, but then if the author DOESN'T do it, then we WOULDN'T have these nice laid out lists in the OP. So the guy is doing work.

PlayStation Blog post with the full list was up a short while after this thread was created. The lists always exist on there. And other people are always around to volunteer to take the 5~10 minutes it takes to write up the list. It's not like something was made that wouldn't exist otherwise.

DonF

really tempted to get Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide – $11.99 to scratch that left 4 dead itch... how is the community? Do people still play it?

HotHamBoy

I've always been curious about Silent Hill: Book of Memories because Vita doesn't really have any Diablo-like loot games.

Is it pretty bad? The game rarely ever goes on sale.

any opinions on Observer and Samurai Shodown 6? I'm interested in those ATM (and on Ruiner, apart from this sale)

Samurai Shodiwn 6 is the PS2 Classic. Emulation on top of emulation + HDTV means mega input lag, you don't want that.

Get Samurai Shodwn V Special. Better game, excellent port. It's not on sale, though.

Screw it. Bought Witcher 3. I'm trusting you guys.

Lol it's not exactly a huge gamble

HotHamBoy

I love wrpgs and bought it physical for like 30. I was so put off by combat I never ended up playing past maybe the first hour. I dearly want to give it another try, but the aftertaste is still sour.

I mean, I think the combat is a hell of a lot better than Elder Scrolls.

I'd call it serviceable. Everything else about the game is so good that it really makes up for it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm hoping for this too

My brother left the disc in the base PS4 that I traded in, so I'm waiting for a decent digital price on it
Goddamn that's a terrible brother, I'm sorry to hear that.

Salt & Sanctuary is one of my personal favorite games on ps4
Same.

Finally picked up Salt & Sanctuary

Gameplay is great, atmosphere is great, feels like Dark Souls and Castlevania had a baby.

But god damn the art is terrible. Just what the fuck? It looks like a kid made it entirely in Corel Paint.

The game is over a gigabyte on PS4 but right now I'm playing on Vita and the file size is only about 150mb. You can tell they compressed the shit out of everything because all the text looks really low res. The game looks sub-native resolution.

I still recommend it at $9, game is really fun.
I don't know why people shit on the art in S&S. Sure, the character faces look weird, maybe ugly, but there's very few NPC characters, and you can hide your own face with a helmet, so it's a moot point. And the environments are nice, grimdark fantasy done right, as are the monster and boss sprites.

I don't know why people shit on the art in S&S. Sure, the character faces look weird, maybe ugly, but there's very few NPC characters, and you can hide your own face with a helmet, so it's a moot point. And the environments are nice, grimdark fantasy done right, as are the monster and boss sprites.

It just looks very amateur to me. Not similar art styles I suppose but similar tones, I think Momodora (that one anime boss aside) and Hollow Knight pulled off their styles really well without looking cheap.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Have there been any patches for Edith Finch which resolve the frame pacing issues on the PS4 Pro since release ?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've always been curious about Silent Hill: Book of Memories because Vita doesn't really have any Diablo-like loot games.

It's fucking awful, and I am a very forgiving SH fan

this is not the game you're looking for

Witcher 3 is a must. Best game of the gen and one of the best AORPGs of all time.

So what's the consensus on Fortnite? Good sale or probably will be cheaper on BF?

Rymuth

**Heads up** - the $10 PSN Card for $7 deal is back at PCgamesupply. Will expire in over 4 hours from this post

HotHamBoy

Because it looks amateur?

Some stuff is nice, like the logo. A lot of stuff is puke-awful like inventory items and face. Most of it is just poor...

The atmosphere is there, sure, but I can't help but wish the game had the aesthetic of something like Slain.
inkblue.gif

3-optimize.gif

giphy.gif

8iNVoJj.gif

29638070966_67665c479f_o.gif

image-1-1-hero.jpg

Manu

Picked up Salt and Sanctuary too.

My only complaint so far is that text is so damn small. I'm sitting relatively close to my TV and sometimes I have to squint to read the text.

David, you know I like Dead Souls but no. Just no!

If someone who has zero experience with Yakuza picks up Dead Souls they are probably gonna hate it and the series as a whole. Dead Souls is pretty much a fan service game and people who are not familiar with Yakuza should just ignore it until they play some of the mainline entries
everyone needs to give Yakuza a chance! then buy this =)

Top Bottom