• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN NA - Sale of the Dead - Week 1

As a game that is supposed to wrap up the series ZTD is disappointing but i still thought it had a good story and was one of my favorite games last year.

Fakk, you guys put me in a serious couch co-op confusion with RE5 and RE6! :lol

I might get RE5, and if by the end of the week it's fun and games then I'll get RE6.

I've played through RE5 about 4 times in co-op with someone that traditionally only plays FPS. We only got about a 1/3 of the way through RE6 (slightly into second campaign) before giving up entirely. RE6 is just awful. RE5 has a slight learning curve initially (why can't I aim and move at same time?) but it's by far the superior experience. One of the best co-op games I've ever played.

Asking here...

Does anyone know if they added support for saves from vanilla Witcher 3 to be loaded in GOTY edition? I own the DLC, but traded in original disc to grab a digital copy when I could.

Sadly, the vanilla copy is $39.99 while GOTY is 19.99. Willing to buy it, but don't know if losing hundred+ hrs is worth it :(

EDIT - Can confirm, there does not seem to be any of my save files from vanilla. Ah well, starting from beginning!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any good games worth below $4? Saving at least $1 for SO4 haha.

Rymuth

I'd like to know as well, tons of people saying if was a letdown but I've never researched a lot why since I don't want to have the story spoiled by mistake.

Hmm....I'll try not to spoil anything, so here goes

- ugly character models. They built this on a shoe budget and it shows
- Nonsensical final twist. Series is known for their final twist so imagine how bad this one has to be that the fans did not enjoy it
- Doesn't advance the overall narrative. Imagine going from A New Hope--->Empire--->Rogue One

Kalentan

Can someone tell me if Outlast 2 is worth it or not?

I liked the first game... But from what I heard this one sounds a bit more... linear? That isn't to say Outlast 1 was open but from what I gathered this sounds like your always being chased down relatively linear paths rather than having moments of openess to 'explore'.

Cause I also wonder if it's really worth it after playing RE7 which hits a (somewhat) similar setting but with more gameplay. Should I just wait for the DLC for that?

dlauv

Please get House of the Dead 3 & 4 if you love yourself.

I beat Witcher 3 on PC and I'm looking for another excuse to play it. Should I get it on PS4?

Rymuth

Can someone tell me if Outlast 2 is worth it or not?

I liked the first game... But from what I heard this one sounds a bit more... linear? That isn't to say Outlast 1 was open but from what I gathered this sounds like your always being chased down relatively linear paths rather than having moments of openess to 'explore'.

Cause I also wonder if it's really worth it after playing RE7 which hits a (somewhat) similar setting but with more gameplay. Should I just wait for the DLC for that?
Quite the opposite. Outlast 2 is open (cornfields, villages). The arenas are large but there is only one entrance and exit, making it an exercise of frustration trying to navigate. I much prefer the well paced gameplay of Outlast and Whistleblower.

The story isnt that good, either.

Dead Island Definitive Edition is legit for $5. Having fun playing this at a casual, leisurely pace. I’d completely forgotten everything about the game. It also helps that this is a massive upgrade from the PS3 version.

Anyone else snag this?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok, Bought and played Edith Finch for an hour. The game has been updated to 1.01 and the new patch mentions performance fixes. So far, the time I've played, besides some obvious LoD popin at the start of the forest area, the controller response seems perfectly fine.

It looks like they fixed or reduced the frame pacing related issues.

But it still looks a bit muddy on the PS4 Pro on a 4K TV, guessing the base resolution is still 1080p.

chaos789

Banned
Ok, Bought and played Edith Finch for an hour. The game has been updated to 1.01 and the new patch mentions performance fixes. So far, the time I've played, besides some obvious LoD popin at the start of the forest area, the controller response seems perfectly fine.

It looks like they fixed or reduced the frame pacing related issues.

But it still looks a bit muddy on the PS4 Pro on a 4K TV, guessing the base resolution is still 1080p.
I had some popin at the start of the forest areas as well, and I am on an OG PS4.

I purchased the game on this sale and I like it. It is very engrossing and played all the way through in one sitting. My only problem with the game is the fact it ends so quickly, as I wanted it to continue. Other than very short length the game is really good.

How is Resident Evil 4 on PS4? Does the increased resolution help the game or hinder it graphically speaking? I know some older games tend to look worse with increased resolution.

-Horizon-

RE5 is overly long and lacks RE4s charm. It has its fans due to the coop focus.

RE6 might be more your cup of tea since it has separate campaigns and a number of control schemes for you to choose from

Buy RE5 and completely ignore RE6. Keep in mind (and you can verify), I platinumed RE6 on PS3 AND PS4. It's The Room of videogames. It's good because of how shitty it is. RE5 is the best co-op campaign ever IMO. If you felt RE4 dragged on too long, well it's a 15 hours long game. RE6 is at least 30.

RE5 and 6 are fantastic if played co-op.
6 is pretty long though, which I enjoyed.

Thanks all for the opinions on these RE games :D

Unfortunately I don't have anyone to play coop with >.<

And I really don't want to put in even more time into games that are like double the length of re4 lol
$8 for each of them is a good deal but I think I might just skip getting them for now.

Lt.Chips

Salt and Sanctuary is a solid, solid souls-like game. If you like the souls series then this is a must buy! I played it on the Vita, and it had some issues with crashing at certain places but that's now all fixed via patch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I had some popin at the start of the forest areas as well, and I am on an OG PS4.

I purchased the game on this sale and I like it. It is very engrossing and played all the way through in one sitting. My only problem with the game is the fact it ends so quickly, as I wanted it to continue. Other than very short length the game is really good.

How is Resident Evil 4 on PS4? Does the increased resolution help the game or hinder it graphically speaking? I know some older games tend to look worse with increased resolution.

It looks fine, some cut-scenes (all in the Ada Separate Ways campaign) are video files which do not look flattering. Rest of the game looks decent, but be warned there's no AA. The game runs at a flat 1080p, so expect some jagged lines in long textures.

Also, the worst thing about the game is the horrendous dead zone if you're aiming with the analog stick. I had to resort to using the d-pad for aiming... it was that bad. The PS3/360 version was perfectly fine in this regard, not sure what went wrong with the PS4 version.

Also .. holy .. fucking .. shit .. Edith Finch is an AMAZING game.

Top Bottom