• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (NA) Totally digital sale, The Witness, Inside, Cosmic Star Herione, Snake Pass

DeviantBoi

Can anyone tell me if The Witness did anything to address the motion sickness from release?

It was unplayable for me. After a few minutes, I had to lie down because I felt horrible. Had to request a refund.

Krakn3Dfx

Nice, Salt and Sanctuary works on the PSTV. I still use mine quite a bit when I travel, it's a great little box for hooking up to hotel TVs, always good to have another game for it.

Have a lot of stuff on that list already but, went ahead and purchased:

Amnesia Collection
Darkest Dungeon
Samurai Showdown 6
Dear Esther
Fatal Fury
Teslagrad
Talos Principle

These summer sales need to stop. My PS backlog is getting ridiculous.

I think I'll pick up The Witness and Garou. Definitely been meaning to play the former and in the mood for some environmental puzzling.

breakfuss

It's not as unforgiving as DS if that's the reason you are skeptical.

Anything even remotely in that vein isn't for me. Don't have patience. Not a knock at the game though as I love its style.

Can anyone tell me if The Witness did anything to address the motion sickness from release?

It was unplayable for me. After a few minutes, I had to lie down because I felt horrible. Had to request a refund.

Have you played The Unfinished Swan? That's the only game that ever completely laid me out lol. If it's anywhere as bad as that looks like I'll have to skip it.

BadHand

LA Cops is not a bad little Hotline Miami clone with levelling up and skill points, I had fun with it when it released and got the platinum trophy quite easily.

I'm gonna buy Dear Esther and preorder Superhot VR I think.

Then I'm gonna start playing games that aren't Crash Bandicoot for a while. I think.

gothmog

Gold Member
Ouch, my wallet. Picking up Talos, 100ft Robot Golf, and CSH. Sony has become Steam.

Witness, SOMA, Inside/Limbo, Darkest Dungeon, Galak-Z, and Salt and Sanctuary are all highly recommended, but I already have them.

Yoss

Neo Member
I'm going to grab Cosmic Star Heroine for sure, I've been wanting to play that for a while but kept telling myself to get through more of my backlog first.

Now I just need to decide about Snake Pass, NBA Playgrounds, and Skull Girls.

Backlogger

Cross Buy games

Cosmic Star Herione
Salt And Sanctuary
Darkest Dungeon
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Plague Road
Garou Mark of the Wolves (comes with both PS4 and Vita dynamic themes)
Last Blade 2 ( comes with both PS4 and Vita dynamic themes)
Teslagrad
2064 ROM
Home - A Unique Horror Adventure
Machinarium
Titan Souls
Race the Sun
Disco Defenders
Guacamelee

Sorry if someone already posted this and it may not work for all but Teslagrad was actually showing as free on the Vita version for me. I grabbed it and ended up giving me the PS4 and PS3 versions free as well. This was a couple hours ago.

HYDE

Banned
Did we play the same game? While yes, it is 2D Dark Souls, it's also VERY Metroidvania.

What I was thinking...Dark Souls is a metroidvania.
Is Salt & Sanctuary a metroidvania and similar to Dark Souls? I still am on the edge about it. Skeptical since the dishwasher dude made it. Is this his best game so far??

kcurlsjr

Neo Member
What's the word on Late Shift?

Was it fun or interesting? I get that it's more of an interactive movie, but was it executed well?

Hell, $7.49 is about what an iTunes rental costs...worth it?

Eric Hall

Tons of good stuff already recommended (Salt, Talos, Inside), but I also recommend Klaus if you're a fan of platformers. Interesting style and has some unique mechanics. I picked it up during a sale last year and really enjoyed it. A steal at $3.99

What's the word on Late Shift?

Was it fun or interesting? I get that it's more of an interactive movie, but was it executed well?

Hell, $7.49 is about what an iTunes rental costs...worth it?

YES! buy it. We need more interactive content like this on consoles. It's the first game since Her Story that my g/f and I have been able to play together in this way. So, her, as a non-gamer, and me...not being a non-gamer, but enjoyed it immensely. The story isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's still better than 90% of video game stories, and the choices just add more gravity to the situation.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is Salt & Sanctuary a metroidvania and similar to Dark Souls? I still am on the edge about it. Skeptical since the dishwasher dude made it. Is this his best game so far??

Dark Souls isnt a Metroidvania.

I don't know that I'd call Dark Souls a metroidvania since there's generally no reason to ever go back to areas you've cleared, but Salt is a true metroidvania. There's a huge interconnected world with incentive to go back after acquiring new abilities. The Castlevania influence in map design and combat is strong, but sometimes it's hard to tell how much of that is intentional or just a side effect of making Dark Souls in 2D space.

Salt and Sanctuary is cross-buy but it is NOT cross-save. Which kind of defeats the purpose unless you want to go through it twice.

Really? Why are so many games coming out like this? Same game on both consoles, no cross save. Completely defeats the purpose of wanting/buying/playing both. I've been play Ys on Vita and went looking but can't find a cross save so might as well delete from the PS4.

NewDust

Bought:

• Absolute Drift
  • Dear Esther
  • GNOG
  • KLAUS
  • Late Shift
  • Snake Pass
  • Wayward Sky

That should do for the stylish and story games.

Mathieran

Banned
I only got Salt & Sanctuary, think it's the first time I've seen it on sale. I could have bought like 5 other games but my backlog is long and I've been getting burned a lot lately buying games that end up on PS+ before I get to playing them.

Opa-Pa

Whaaaat? Well thanks for the heads up lmao. No, no, no...no.

And SOMA looks scary as shit so I'm going to pass on that. Will likely pick up Cosmic Star Heroine and call it a day.

What. No. Salt and Sanctuary is definitely Metroidvania.

It's essentially 2D Dark Souls, yes, but guess what kind of genre an officially made 2D Dark Souls game would resemble... Yeah.

It's literally a Metroidvania with Souls inspired combat and mechanics, and it's glorious. It even has unlockable abilities that help you progress further in the game, which is definitely a Metroidvania thing.

Kill3r7

I really want to buy Darkest Dungeon but I hate rougelike games. Any opinions?

Otherwise picked up Salt&Sanctuary and Cosmic Star Heroine. Otherwise I own everything else I might want.

Toki767

Seems like PSN may be moving to bi-weekly sales since this sale lasts for 2 weeks.

Plus it says "Round 1" and not "Week 1" on the banner.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Wow. This is one of the best sales in recent memory. Added over a dozen games to my wishlist for purchase consideration.

I keep running up against an increasingly lower wishlist limit because apparently I had some games on my wishlist that were pulled from the store yet despite them not showing on my wishlist they still count towards that stupid limit >_<

Top Bottom