• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (NA) Totally digital sale, The Witness, Inside, Cosmic Star Herione, Snake Pass

poodaddy

Cosmic Star Heroine is bought as fuck. I want NBA Playgrounds but I think I'll wait it out for a bit. I'm also diggin on Salt and Sanctuary, but I think I'll wait for that magic five to seven buck range for that one as well.

netguy503

Cosmic Star Heroine is bought as fuck. I want NBA Playgrounds but I think I'll wait it out for a bit. I'm also diggin on Salt and Sanctuary, but I think I'll wait for that magic five to seven buck range for that one as well.

This is like the only sale the game has had since launch. So, good luck.

Also, there will be a flash sale this Friday or next.

I keep running up against an increasingly lower wishlist limit because apparently I had some games on my wishlist that were pulled from the store yet despite them not showing on my wishlist they still count towards that stupid limit >_<
I didn't even know this was a thing. So what's the limit?

graywolf323

Gold Member
I didn't even know this was a thing. So what's the limit?

It started at 100 but it won’t let me go above 92 anymore

mostly because of various special editions that I wishlisted at launch that were only available the first few weeks before getting pulled and replaced with a regular edition

honestly PSN needs a clear wishlist option so I can just wipe it and get those spaces back

autoduelist

Any feedback on Sheltered or Amnesia?

How is Ronin?

I'm curious too. Turn based action/stealth? Realllllly curious.

I have Salt and Sanctuary already and it shows up for me as free in the store as opposed to purchased which is how every other game I have on this list comes up. Anyone know why?

IIRC this often occurs when a new crossbuy version [like the vita] comes out after the other platform's release. Or something like that.

Sorry if someone already posted this and it may not work for all but Teslagrad was actually showing as free on the Vita version for me. I grabbed it and ended up giving me the PS4 and PS3 versions free as well. This was a couple hours ago.

You likely already owned it... search your emails, see if you bought it last year or something.

bronk

Banned
Salt and Sanctuary was one my favorite games of last year. It is a must buy. Also Inside was amazing. Grab them both.

Is there a Vita version? If so, cross Buy?

Loved the original on DS
Sadly there isn't.
Last time they said this:
While we’re at it, why not a quick update on the future in general? We’re hoping to bring N++ to more platforms, specifically the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch. In a perfect world, we’d love to bring it to the PSVita as well.

It seems there won't be a Vita version, but everything is possible and 3 months after that message, they announced N++ for X1.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I hate how shitty the filters are on the PS Store.
I go to All Deals, filter to PS4, filter to "Games" and most of the games including Cosmic Star Heroine and SOMA don't show up.

Just to illustrate this:

No options selected except PS4 - 244 items:
fhzSOHw.png

Everything selected - 175 items

That's 69 items not classified, most of them games like the ones I mentioned.

It's still not everything. For PS4 it's the same incomplete list.

Missing (for PS4):
  • 2064: Read Only Memories
  • Absolute Drift: Zen Edition
  • Alchemic Joust
  • Anomaly 2
  • Asemblance
  • Brick Breaker
  • Broforce
  • Contrast
  • Dangerous Golf
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Goosebumps: The Game
  • Inversus
  • Laser Disco Defenders
  • Laserlife
  • Perfect
  • Race the sun
  • Screencheat
  • Solitaire
  • Team17 Indie Collection
  • Team17 Indie Heroes
  • The Banner Saga
  • TKOF 2000
  • Titansouls
  • Tour de Fance 2015
  • Wayward Sky
  • Worms Anniversary Edition
Thanks.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Very good sale

Id love to pickup a few of these but my backlog won't let me.

Toki767

So is Snake Pass good?

Kind of felt like the reason it was talked about so much was because people wanted it to be good because it was coming out on the Switch in a drought.

poodaddy

So is Snake Pass good?

Kind of felt like the reason it was talked about so much was because people wanted it to be good because it was coming out on the Switch in a drought.

Snake Pass is absolutely excellent. To be honest it's worth it for the soundtrack alone. The PS4 Pro port runs at 1080/60 as well, making it one of the better utilization's of the PS4Pro thus far, so if you're rocking a Pro I heartily recommend it. If you have kids they're gonna love it, my daughter and I spent quite a lot of time playing the game.

Kugar77

Well I went to redeem the codes I bought off ebay when they were doing the $50 for $40 deal 2.5 weeks ago and all of the codes were used... apparently they were used within a 2 minute span last Friday according to Sony. It's a really shitty feeling especially because there's no way to prove I didn't use them. Sony tells me to talk to paypal digital gift, paypal digital gifts tells me to talk to Sony. I guess I won't be stockpiling PSN codes again. I don't think my email was hacked either given I have 2fa but then again, I don't know if there is any other way the codes could have been retrieved. Anyone else ever have this issue?

etrain911

How is NBA Playgrounds? I know it isn't NBA Jam and I've seen it hover around $11 for some time now but it looks like good wholesome arcade fun.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So is Snake Pass good?

It's good for what it is, or attempting to be, which is a physics simulation with a collectathon wrapper. Frustrating and satisfying, it demands both mental and dexterital patience to handle its challenges. Thus, mileage can vary greatly.

autoduelist

Well I went to redeem the codes I bought off ebay when they were doing the $50 for $40 deal 2.5 weeks ago and all of the codes were used... apparently they were used within a 2 minute span last Friday according to Sony. It's a really shitty feeling especially because there's no way to prove I didn't use them. Sony tells me to talk to paypal digital gift, paypal digital gifts tells me to talk to Sony. I guess I won't be stockpiling PSN codes again. I don't think my email was hacked either given I have 2fa but then again, I don't know if there is any other way the codes could have been retrieved. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Multiple codes used within minutes? Your email has been breached in some way. If not via technical means, is it possible you have a friend or family member that could have access to your PC/email? Given the sheer number of potential PSN codes, it's astronomically unlikely to even guess a single code. For you to have multiple incoming codes used it means someone had full access to your email.

The only other option would be the company sold you 'used' codes, but we'd likely see mass complaints if that was the case. And, as Sony stated, they were used after you received them, putting it back in your court. It's very unlikely they'd have sent out duplicates to multiple people.

Shin

Banned
I bought:

Amnesia Collection $7.49
Salt and Sanctuary $8.99
SOMA $5.99
Garou: MotW $5.99
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol.2 $3.74
The Banner Saga $9.99
Last Blade 2 $4.49
Driveclub $7.49 (not part of the sale but want it for eye-candy)

Seriously debating Darkest Dungeon for $10, but I don't know if I want to add to my backlog with only 5 weeks to go until Destiny.

How is The Witness from someone who doesn't normally get super into puzzle based games? The art style is beautiful and I've heard this has some "Walking Simulator" / Adventure game vibes so I've always been really interested in it. But I'm not sure if it's the kind of game that would just frustrate me

All of the current games say they have the same sale price until August 1st. I think they have w weeks of these sales and then will done weeks of different ones

Zach

How is The Witness from someone who doesn't normally get super into puzzle based games? The art style is beautiful and I've hameard this has some "Walking Simulator" / Adventure game vibes so I've always been really interested in it. But I'm not sure if it's the kind of game that would just frustrate me

All I can tell you is I'm not a puzzle game lover (they're okay; I can be quick to give up and not care anymore) but I find it to be a must-play. It's really enjoyable. My significant other also really loved it. She doesn't play a lot of games in general.

TheChaos

How is The Witness from someone who doesn't normally get super into puzzle based games? The art style is beautiful and I've hameard this has some "Walking Simulator" / Adventure game vibes so I've always been really interested in it. But I'm not sure if it's the kind of game that would just frustrate me

The story is extremely minimal. It's pretty much pure puzzle-based and there are some parts that will rack your brain big-time. I'd say skip it if you don't like puzzle games.

Top Bottom