• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Network maintenance announced

I can't even play the game I bought and downloaded yesterday.

This digital future fucking sucks. I like the PS4 but their jump into premium online service is fucking dooky.

I really don't get why PSN take there network down why seems like couple of months!!

Acceptable on the free PSN service, but comeon people are paying now!

You don't see us getting PSN access while you wait for us to pay you!

I don't see how they still feel this acceptable

Mastperf

Why is this so hard for Sony? My nephew just got a game invite I sent him at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. On average the messages I send him take over 30 minutes to arrive. It's obvious that very little of the money we pay for PS Plus is going back into the network.
There's no way this is acceptable when they offer PlayStation Now rentals that won't be accessible during their random downtime.

Why is this so hard for Sony? My nephew just got a game invite I sent him at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. On average the messages I send him take over 30 minutes to arrive. It's obvious that very little of the money we pay for PS Plus is going back into the network.

we'll probably get a PSN Network Initiative announcement at E3 and have it partially up by Summer 2016. You heard it here first.

Copen

Banned
Announced and down that quick apparently. On a Tuesday...The day they launch PS now sub trial....W..T..F.. Sony... Probably anecdotal but on my PSN app it clearly shows me signed out however it keeps saying I'm receiving messages very strange.

I think the problem is the network is poorly structured and can't handle all the load, I'm guessing a lot of the infrastructure needs to be rewritten and there databases access stuff must be screwed!

I really did expect the ps4 PSN to be a massive improvement over the PS3 and well I guess it was for the first couple of months :(

Like clockwork.

just got home from work and wanted to play destiny but I can't connect. Store is also down...

Why you gotta do this now Sony? Why not do it like 2-3 am in the morning and have it so its region based?

Be sure to sign in before then so you can play online if you so choose

looks like we don't have to worry about that anymore.

http://community.us.playstation.com...NANCE-Thursday-January-15th-2015/m-p/44882229

Re: [MAINTENANCE] Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Options
Jan 13, 2015

MastrPrototypee wrote:

The post says if we've logged in prior to October 8 - is this a typo?

Actually, we received updated information that this no longer applies. You should be able to log in during the maintenance as long as you've signed in before. But keep in mind that some network services won't be available until the maintenance is over.
Hope that helps,

MV
PlayStation Moderation and Support

JB2448

Just as I purchased Brandish: The Dark Revenant successfully, I am unable to download it. What the fuck is wrong with this network?

Melchiah

Damn. Forgot to sign in after saturday, when I let my friend play PT on my other account. Now I can't sign in. =/

Demon Ice

Banned
Was able to get on the store but then I signed out and can't sign back in at all. Come on PSN it's getting a little sad at this point.

liquidtmd

Banned
Down for network maintenance in the UK.

Dont usually comment but currently it feels like every week we have down time. Ive just got in from a long work day. I get limited game time.

Seriously losing patience with 'Please Understand' mentalities from Sony PR. Hour for hour in terms of maintenance, if we got that all back over the last 12 months I honestly wouldnt be suprised if it was nearing 3 weeks (excluding the days we got back already from Dec)

okay so im not alone

i really want to download brandish :(

I bought it but it wouldn't let me download.... even took the money from my account....but then I got the message about maintenance... all i wanted was the game..its an offline game.... errr been waiting for this since it was released in japan. ughhh

Hyun Sai

I'm confused. There is a maintenance starting now until thursday ?

They are beta-testing the maintenance now in anticipation ?

Another DDOS attack ?

Petrae

-- goes to turn on console to log in prior to scheduled maintenance

-- PSN is down for maintenance, can't log in

-- wonders why he bothered

I'm confused. There is a maintenance starting now until thursday ?

They are beta-testing the maintenance now in anticipation ?

Another DDOS attack ?

They said it was the 15th so I think something wrong happened. Besides the maintenance notice is the default response.

Stainless

lol JUST finished Crota raid. Had to do it without being in party chat, my buddy kept spamming invites to me but it would always give me a network error even if I tried to just create my own party. It kept me in the game though, so we got the boss done at least

Berordn

Was able to get on the store but then I signed out and can't sign back in at all. Come on PSN it's getting a little sad at this point.

I just bought something from the anniversary sale, then got the maintenance message when I tried to download it :/

MechaX

When considering my big reason for getting a PS4 was for FFXIV, I'm kinda wondering why I didn't just upgrade a PC and save myself the trouble. At least they have the sense to plan for maintenance at dead-hours in the morning rather than prime-time, and actually have maintenance on the days they said they're having maintenance.

When considering my big reason for getting a PS4 was for FFXIV, I'm kinda wondering why I didn't just upgrade a PC and save myself the trouble. At least they have the sense to plan for maintenance at dead-hours in the morning rather than prime-time, and actually have maintenance on the days they said they're having maintenance.

If it helps ( it probably doesn't) it's not maintenance. Their twitter says something is up.

Top Bottom