• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale (NA) - Attack of the Blockbuster

pezzie

Ok Odin Sphere.

I resisted your temptation long enough.

$23 sale, coupled with the last two PCGameSupply $7 for $10 cards, makes this an effective buy price of $17.

If you're debating getting Odin Sphere - just fucking get it.
It's fantastic and this is probably as cheap as you're going to get it digitally for a while. It'll never be a $5 game during a flash sale. I guarantee it. This deal is as good as it gets. So you might as well buy it now than later.

Hexa

FFX/X2HD
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced
DmC: Definitive
Danganronpa 1+2 Reload
Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

$114

I'll take it.

danthefan

FFX/X2HD
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced
DmC: Definitive
Danganronpa 1+2 Reload
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

$114

I'll take it.

That's an unbelievable amount of quality gaming for less than the price of two new games.

I want Danganronpa (and Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception) but would much prefer physical copies... The prices are really tempting though.

dralla

I picked up Guilty Gear cuz it was so damn cheap.

Now I'm deciding on Danganronpa 1+2 Reload. I've never played any of these before. How do they compare to other "visual novel" type games. I really enjoyed Hotel Dusk/Last Window and Ghost Trick but I was not a fan of 999.

emrober5

Got the Dragon Age GOTY edition. I've already played trespasser but getting all the other dlc for $11 seemed like a good deal.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I swear Sony Rewards holds off on the shipping of their $10 codes until these sales have finished. Come oooon...

I picked up Guilty Gear cuz it was so damn cheap.

Now I'm deciding on Danganronpa 1+2 Reload. I've never played any of these before. How do they compare to other "visual novel" type games. I really enjoyed Hotel Dusk/Last Window and Ghost Trick but I was not a fan of 999.

It's basically a combination of Ace Attorney and Battle Royale in a high school setting with some anime tropes. It's definitely more approachable than 999 but it shares the complex narrative.

pezzie

You will not be disappointed!

I've actually bought Odin Sphere twice before! Once when it first came out on PS2, and then again as a PS2 classic. It's always been one of the most beautiful and charming games I've ever played, but I just couldn't bring myself to get over the frustrating game part of the game.

I'm definitely looking forward to finally getting to see a non youtube version of the game's whole story on the new and improved version!

Perineum

Really tempted to pick up DmC since I found Hellblade amazing.

Does Ninja Theory combat shine here in DmC? About how long is the game?

Not sure if I should grab this or Observer....

Kugar77

leaning towards ffx/x-2 (ps4) and odin sphere (ps4). How well does the cross save work for ffx ps4-vita? I bought it when it came out for vita but got sidetracked with other vita games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Have Danganropa on Vita but haven't played yet. Not sure if the PS4 ports improve anything to make it worth playing instead?

simmias

Does Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 get a resolution bump on the PS4 like War of the Monsters? or is it a straight port?
I'm playing through it now and I'm not sure what it is. On the surface it looks like a PS2->PS4 game (complete with PS2 loading screen), but there are little quirks like you don't have to use the touchpad as the start button, and the HD treatment is really good.

It's still just as fun as you remember, and it looks surprisingly good (except for the prerendered stuff).

Kind of an unrelated question, but is there a reason Call Of Duty games never go below $30 on PSN?
Do the older ones sell still?
I always assumed people moved on every year to the newer one.

Gorillaz

Kind of an unrelated question, but is there a reason Call Of Duty games never go below $30 on PSN?
Do the older ones sell still?
I always assumed people moved on every year to the newer one.

Depends on how the current cod is viewed. IW had alot of hate so people ended up going back to black ops 3 and in some cases advanced warfare. Black Op 2 had a bunch of people rebuy it/play it because ghost wasn't a favorite.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can't belive it would take over 4 days to send a friggin' digital code. Sony Rewards, why don't you want me to utilize this sale?

Z3M0G

Is isolation as good as people have said?

Game fell apart for me as soon as I started encountering hostile stuff... and the Alien itself especially... so I did enjoy it for a couple of hours at least.

If the game was only 6 hours long I'd struggle through the rest, but no way I can go on for another 13 hours...

kunonabi

My haul:

FFX/X2HD
King of Fighters XIV
Danganronpa 1+2 Reload
Grand Kingdom

I'm trying to buy Odin Sphere Leifthrasir as well but the store refuses to accept all my payment methods.

ChrisD

Odin Sphere on Vita, yay or nay

I'd rather play just about any and all RPGs on Handheld, but if it's inferior (aside from just being on a handheld and not a console, therefore resulting in loss of certain effects/visuals) then that'll be a pass.

netguy503

Hey so I got Guilty Gear Rev on this sale and people are saying there is a $20 upgrade option to the new game if you bought this game at $6 but I can't find it. Could someone help me please? Thank you.

Eusis

Uhhh... is Wolfenstein in a bundle or did they just decide that it'd be $15 rather than $10 this time? I'd hate it if they just capitalized on a very strong anti-nazi sentiment...

netguy503

Oh cool PSN has a 33% off discount code that runs until end of the day on the 5th. Will use it on the flash sale Friday. Anyone who makes the flash sale thread on Friday should put that in the thread as well.

Tizoc

Oh cool PSN has a 33% off discount code that runs until end of the day on the 5th. Will use it on the flash sale Friday. Anyone who makes the flash sale thread on Friday should put that in the thread as well.
Tempted to use it and get mvc inf if it applies to it :x

So I really should have just bought Divinity off Steam in the first place. :/

It's not bad on ps4 by any means but I quickly realized the mouse and keyboard-focused UI, the depth of the systems, and mod support - while limited - makes the game way better.

It's my own damned fault for not researching it more, but yeah, definitely could have just put that $25 toward the pc version.

ChrisD

I don't see this anywhere. Specific people only?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

What code? Is it being emailed ?

Top Bottom