• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale (NA) - Attack of the Blockbuster

danthefan

How does Odin Sphere run on the Vita, is it ok? Or should I just go PS4.

It makes zero sense for me to do so but I am this close to double dipping on Divinity:OS. I need to be stopped.

zenspider

How different is Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from the original? Is it worth picking up if I have the original as a PS2 Classic on PS3?

Mechanically? Very. More in step with Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. It's a bit easier,but so much more fun to play. The graphics are gorgeous on widescreen HD as well.

jayu26

Mm they are both cheap so go for the collection. It has the original Alien cast including Sigourney Weaver in a couple of neat DLC chapters based on Alien.
Cool.
Regular, however get Collection if you got disposable money. Some may vouch that Ripley DLC is nice, however most will agree that the game feels dragged on in the later chapters, so try playing the original: you may not finish it? Lol.

May not finish because it is scary or because it drags?

DOWN

Banned
Cool.

May not finish because it is scary or because it drags?
The game is longer than it needs to be - the gameplay doesn’t drop in quality, but rather it doesn’t have enough variety to justify how long the campaign actually takes you. It’s not exactly a true problem to pinpoint, but many just found that it could have used some editing in terms of length since it is a rather focused gameplay style.

AndyVirus

Nice to see a Telltale game on sale again when only two episodes are out. Feel for any day one purchasers but I guess they know what they're getting into by now.

jayu26

The game is longer than it needs to be - the gameplay doesn’t drop in quality, but rather it doesn’t have enough variety to justify how long the campaign actually takes you. It’s not exactly a true problem to pinpoint, but many just found that it could have used some editing in terms of length since it is a rather focused gameplay style.
You are fighting/avoiding one enemy the whole game so I can see that. I will probably buy The Collection, for the original cast.

DarkOneX

Recently I've been turning my physical collection into digital so was happy for this sale as it allowed me to trade in 4 games to Amazon (1 I didn't want anymore) and buy the other 3 digital for no cost!

DOWN

Banned
You are fighting/avoiding one enemy the whole game so I can see that. I will probably buy The Collection, for the original cast.
Yeah, though there’s some other elements of suspense besides the Alien at play so it’s not a one-note game. It’s easily one of the best this gen and the art direction is among the best I’ve ever seen. It very much captures the lighting and look of the movie sets.

Kill3r7

Game is terrible. Buy Divinity OS instead.

It is a couple of steps below TW3 but it is not a bad game. Just finished it in June. The story and side quests could be a lot better but there is still a ton of content there. The game really opens up once you leave hinterlands and certain builds are great fun to play.

HabeeNo

Got DmC, DMC4, Alien Isolation...

And Darksiders 1/2 for the PS3 by accident. I'm an idiot, and I hope someday Sony has some sort of refund system :(

Time to double-dip on Saints Row 4. All that talk about Agents of Maybe.....I mean, Mayhem had me reminiscing about all the fun I had with that game.

How does Odin Sphere run on the Vita, is it ok? Or should I just go PS4.

It makes zero sense for me to do so but I am this close to double dipping on Divinity:OS. I need to be stopped.
Games runs very well on Vita, I have both versions but mainly played the Vita version.

Revelator at $5.99 is a fantastic deal, count me in. I'm glad I added the DLC characters to my library when they were free.

Now, to fight the urge to buy the $20 upgrade to Rev 2... urgh.

I'm kinda tempted by Mass Effect: Andromeda. Has it been patched into some sort of reasonable shape?

I'm probably in the minority but I've really enjoyed it so far. I bought it after the 10 hour trial and honestly have no regrets. I am a huge space junkie however.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hows the online netcode for King of Fighters 14? I used to have a blast playing KoF13 locally with friends but we always end up going out nowadays so Id need to get some single player value out of it. $38 for the game + bundle pack in Canada.

Also tempted to double dip on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on Vita even though I own the Storybook Edition on PS4. Its a must own for any fan of RPGs or hack n slash games. One of the best remakes ever. Its that good.

sotojuan

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Editioni s $50~ on Amazon... $20 here. Anyone have a link to a good review of it? The game piques my interest.

Top Bottom