• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale (NA) - Devolver Digital/PS+ Specials (VR)

Can I get the cheapest PS plus sub( a month) to take advantage of these deals? I haven't subbed in a few years but the difference between the normal and plus sale prices for all the games I want far exceed the cost of a 30 day sub.

dickroach

Driveclub VR and PSVR World are pretty much guaranteed for PS+ in the next few months if they're already down to $7, right?

any PSVR hidden gems?

Smidget

Ugh how to make this list smaller:
Arizona Sunshine
Dick Wilde
I Expect You To Die
Mortal Blitz
Rez Infinite
Sparc
Statik
Windlands

Anyone have any disparaging things to say about any of these? Lol

Unison

Lots of PSVR stuff I have no idea about... anyone want to recommend any non-obvious titles (I have most of the good stuff from the launch window... and I'm planning on getting Arizona Sunshine in this sale).

Rymuth

Thinking of getting Enter the Gungeon

How is Shadow Warrior 2? I loved the first's story but I heard the loot system in this one ruined it

Ugh how to make this list smaller:
Arizona Sunshine (It's alright, but Farpoint is a better game but if you have the Aim controller + PS4 PRO then it's a buy)
Dick Wilde (Looks alright)
I Expect You To Die (Heard its suppose to be really good, but it's short. I'm definetly buying this)
Mortal Blitz (Time Crisis shooter, very short, okay-ish)
Rez Infinite (MUST BUY)
Sparc (Looks cool but it's a risk being that it's a MP game)
Statik (There's a demo, pretty good intuitive puzzler but its pretty short too)
Windlands (Spider-Man VR, definitely going to get this myself)

Anyone have any disparaging things to say about any of these? Lol

There you go.

MAtgS

Glad I held off on that Hatoful Boyfriend sequel after getting the 1st on PS+.

Not so glad that I can't just buy it at the listed price because it's under $5.

Alastor3

Everyone should buy Downwell, there isn't a better game for less than $2

I don't get those type of comments when this game, compared to other genre, is clearly made for a specific type of gamer unlike for exemple the last of us which is more suitable for a larger audience.

I don't get those type of comments when this game, compared to other genre, is clearly made for a specific type of gamer unlike for exemple the last of us which is more suitable for a larger audience.
Gotta say, played a lot of Downwell on my phone because it’s pretty addictive - but I agree with you. It’s not particularly fun to me, and I wouldn’t recommend it.

On topic: which are the best devolver games - besides HLM? How is strafe?

Ancirawr

Neat I've wanted Hatoful Boyfriend for a while and I can't pass up Gungeon at that price. Been holding out hope that it would come to the Switch because it seems perfect for it and I didn't want to double dip.

How's Akiba's Beat? Art style looks Persona-esque and I know it's a jrpg but other than that I don't know too much.

It's bite sized arcade brilliance. If if somebody isn't willing to try that for less than $2 I dunno why they'd wanna jump into TLOU for at least 10x that price.
How's Akiba's Beat? Art style looks Persona-esque and I know it's a jrpg but other than that I don't know too much.
Got bad reviews for a bare battle system like Tales without any interesting systems and a story that was just okay.
People enjoyed Akiba's Trip and Beat kinda killed any hype by distancing itself from what came before.

I have bboth.Rez is a much better buy.

Is Super Hyper Cube long enough for the price? Or is it still a little expensive? It's been a while since I read up on it.

WTF I can't handle all these sales + fall line up... But I must have them.

Yeah, I've been waiting on a sale for some of these VR games though the timing isn't great LOL. But I still feel like I need to buy a few. Since I was holding out on a drop for some of these, like Archangel which seemed a bit pricey at launch, but sounds pretty awesome.

Bastion

What does the full Resident Evil Season pass get me that I don’t get out of buying Banned Footage Volume 1 and 2?

Picked up the following:
Tumble VR
Surgeon Simulator
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Statik
I Expect You to Die
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Got a lot of stuff that was on my wishlist after getting the headset last week. Still waiting on SuperHot VR and Bound tho.

Contemplating on the Shadow Warrior bundle. Any impressions?

Good games.. fast, funny.. dope combat that consists button combinations to do special moves in the first person, which is rare. I.e down, up L1 to do spin that slices off limbs n shit. It's straight! Especially for the asking price

Hatoful boyfriend is a better 2 dollars because of reasons

(tldr Alastor is right)

I feel like anyone could appreciate the game design of Downwell, even if it isn't your typical genre, for that price.

MrBS

I put Sneaky Bears on my wishlist thinking it would be a cute diversion to play with MrsBS when the price drops. I wasn't expecting to see that 75% $4.99 sweet spot 43 days after release.

Perineum

Hotline Miami the Second is about as good as 2 in my opinion.

Actually play the first one and then two though.

Think I'll just get the bundle for both. $9.99. I'm hesitant because I'm not sure if I'll like the gameplay so then I have two games I don't like rather than just 1...

Edit: Found some good gameplay footage and never mind for me. I don't see myself making time for these games over Uncharted Lost Legacy I picked up on sale last week, and EW2 later this week.

oatmeal

Banned
Got the NBA thing and DriveClub. 9.99 for 2 games is a steal.

What else is the best on there? I have 20 in credit left over...Arizona seems cool. I have Worlds and Batman and a few other ones.

autoduelist

I've heard great things about Mother Russia Bleeds. Haven't played it yet though.

Gotta say, played a lot of Downwell on my phone because it’s pretty addictive - but I agree with you. It’s not particularly fun to me, and I wouldn’t recommend it.

On topic: which are the best devolver games - besides HLM? How is strafe?

I literally can't figure out Downwell. I've tried playing maybe 10 times on my vita, but... I'm not sure if i'm supposed to dodge everything? Land on everything? Shoot everything? No idea.

Contemplating on the Shadow Warrior bundle. Any impressions?

I would wait until it gets a bit lower. But if haven't played the first, than the bundle is pretty good get for both games. It has some humor and you can use both sword and guns to kill things which is pretty cool.

I picked up Dick Wilde, which turned out to be a huge bargain at $9. Every gun feels different and with the Aim controller there are a ton to try out. I almost fell out of my chair dodging bird poop, haha.

HotHamBoy

For some reason this seems like a dumb question, but is Battlefront 1 worth it for $5 since it includes everything? How is the playerbase, especially on DLC maps?

I have no plans to get BF2 after the beta but I still like the idea of having an arcadey SW shooter.

EDIT Fuck it, I bought it. I'm sure I will get my $5 worth.

I've heard great things about Mother Russia Bleeds. Haven't played it yet though.

I literally can't figure out Downwell. I've tried playing maybe 10 times on my vita, but... I'm not sure if i'm supposed to dodge everything? Land on everything? Shoot everything? No idea.

You're supposed to get to the bottom by any means necessary and advance as many stages as you can before dying.

The only reasons to kill enemies is to avoid being killed by them first and to collect more gems that can be spent on upgrades that help you survive. If you think you can get away with dropping past as many as possible then go for it.

Land whenever you need to reload or re-adjust your path of descent. Also to explore offshoots for gems, powerups and the shop.

Klart

Buy Mother Russia Bleeds ($5.09 ($6.74)), people.

It's the best Streets of Rage since Streets of Rage.

Top Bottom