• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale (NA) - PS+ Specials/EA Action

Hubb

So about Blazblue do we expect a Extended version?

They've said no, but that doesnt mean anything. However if there is one it'll be at least 1.5 years till we see it. That and the BB crossover fighter probably means we won't see one any time soon if at all.

OK, 50% off is just enough for me to bite on For Honor. Am purely about the campaign and playing against bots.

Everyone needs to stop being dicks and finally get Titanfall 2. It's amazing.
Best gaming advice ever. Especially now that the Frontier Defense co-op mode has dropped.

Ashtar

Jeez I just bought ghost recon ! I should have waited and got
It digital smh
Might get Titan fall 2 for 20 though

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yakuza 0...getting closer, but not QUITE at the point of impulse.

RE7 Deluxe/Season Pass worth it? Or just vanilla game is fine?

Why can't the bf one season pass be 25 buck!?

Waiting on this one too. Will be mega cheap likely when all contents are released(See Battlefront SP). Until then, not likely.

oldsnakebro

He might be talking about PS2 Odin Sphere

Maybe. I really can't remember Leifthrasir on that price.

It was a couple times but I think it was also tied to PS+.
I'm also looking for a discount on that one, don't have plus though.
Most of my friends are also waiting for discount. Is it really selling good at full price from 2016 ? If no it's a weird move by Sony not putting on good sales.
It was on sale around Xmas last year for $30. That's when I bought it. And it's been on sale one more time after that for $30 again.
what a miss ...

Brandon F

I'm debating Samurai Showdown VI or UFC 2. Anybody have an opinion on either?

Sam Shodown 6 is just alright. It's the PS2 game in the PS4 emulator, so it still carries some jank such as loading(though reasonable) and some slight latency stuff. It's mostly fine though.

Game is just ok. It's like a Sam Sho museum in that it literally throws a metric fuckton of fighters at you and almost all can be played using like 10 different "styles" or gameplay rules from past games(play this new character with SS1 or SS2 rules! Anything goes!). A few original and new gimmick styles added too for all characters to mess with. It's all insanely overwhelming really and less exciting than it sounds(actually wish it was relegated to a special mode and they just stuck with something consistent for normal play).

AI is cheap too and not very enjoyable to fight. I do love the sheer volume of content, but arcade mode is just the usual SNK frustration I found. Movelists are pretty big and difficult to learn. It's just so overstuffed that it can actually push you away more than draw you in, at least that's my experience.

ShadyK54

At the price Titanfall 2 is at, I might double dip (I have it on Xbox One).

Also, please buy Yakuza 0. I'm only a few hours in, but I would fully recommend it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yakuza 0...getting closer, but not QUITE at the point of impulse.

RE7 Deluxe/Season Pass worth it? Or just vanilla game is fine?

Waiting on this one too. Will be mega cheap likely when all contents are released(See Battlefront SP). Until then, not likely.

If you're getting RE7 just go with vanilla. The deluxe isnt much of a deal so you could always grab the season pass after if you want more.

Fantastic game but a little on the short side for my liking.

RSchmitz

Most of my friends are also waiting for discount. Is it really selling good at full price from 2016 ? If no it's a weird move by Sony not putting on good sales.

I doubt it's selling much. It's not Sony who makes the call for this one though, it's SEGA/Atlus.

Sam Shodown 6 is just alright. It's the PS2 game in the PS4 emulator, so it still carries some jank such as loading(though reasonable) and some slight latency stuff. It's mostly fine though.

Game is just ok. It's like a Sam Sho museum in that it literally throws a metric fuckton of fighters at you and almost all can be played using like 10 different "styles" or gameplay rules from past games(play this new character with SS1 or SS2 rules! Anything goes!). A few original and new gimmick styles added too for all characters to mess with. It's all insanely overwhelming really and less exciting than it sounds(actually wish it was relegated to a special mode and they just stuck with something consistent for normal play).

AI is cheap too and not very enjoyable to fight. I do love the sheer volume of content, but arcade mode is just the usual SNK frustration I found. Movelists are pretty big and difficult to learn. It's just so overstuffed that it can actually push you away more than draw you in, at least that's my experience.
Thanks for the info! I'll probably pass on it then.

How is Salt and Sanctuary GAF?
I've only played for an hour but its crazy amazing how souls it is, and just how well that formula works in 2D. Its all there (menus, classes, item descriptions, factions, co-op, notes, stances, magic, traps, exploration and shortcuts and mood and bosses, etc etc etc)

Looking forward to more quality time with it myself. The idea of taking AAA game systems and applying them to 2D games has always appealed to me.

Ralemont

not me
going by amazon, doesnt look like yakuza games drop much in price. was hoping to pick 0 up for $20 at some point...

CHC

lol I'm a fucking moron

Bought Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 at full price on launch

Haven't played either

pixxxelz

I've only played for an hour but its crazy amazing how souls it is, and just how well that formula works in 2D. Its all there (menus, classes, item descriptions, factions, co-op, notes, stances, magic, traps, exploration and shortcuts and mood and bosses, etc etc etc)

Looking forward to more quality time with it myself. The idea of taking AAA game systems and applying them to 2D games has always appealed to me.
Guess I'm grabbing it then, thanks.

is titanfall 2 worth only for the campaign ?
I think it does, the campaign is kinda short but is really good.

BlondeTuna

How does everyone feel about the Resident Evil 7 DLC? Worth it at those prices? I'm about 2 hours into the game and enjoying it.

Brandon F

How is Salt and Sanctuary GAF?

A lot of GAF loves it. I keep trying to kick the can a bit further with renewed optimism every couple months, but it just fails to really grab me. Even as a massive Souls fan(which it emulates well enough). The level layouts and drab area art just aren't motivating me, and I just haven't really gelled with its gameplay quite yet.

Worth a look though if you can stomach the price as I can certainly understand why so many appreciate it.

Tempted to get Yakuza 0, but it just had a 50% off deal in europe, so will wait until the equivalent deal here. Already waited so long, might as well.

Top Bottom