• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale NA (Totally Digital Part 2/Ubisoft)

All PS2 classics on PS4 have game breaking lag.

True, but for a twitch-heavy series like Metal Slug the input delay on this port absolutely kills it.

Wasn't worth the full price I paid for it, anyway.

Metal Slug 3 – $5.99, $4.49
Metal Slug Anthology – $7.99, $5.99

wtf? why would you buy MS3?

It's a native port, so it actually runs pretty well.

I guess there's also an argument to be made for it being the best Metal Slug, but I was always partial to X, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

jbueno

Metal Slug 3 – $5.99, $4.49
Metal Slug Anthology – $7.99, $5.99

wtf? why would you buy MS3?

Isn´t MS3 cross-buy on PS4/PSV/PS3? It´s also a proper PS4 emulation/port effort, rather than emulating the PS2 disc of Anthology (so emulating an emulation, which results in more input lag). Has more customization options AFAIK. Might even have scanline emulation as oposed to the PS2 version, if you´re into that sort of thing. Might bite myself!

yyr

It's probably the publisher's fault, or isn't, but...ugh. I hate that Metal Slug Anthology is on sale for PS4 but not PSP/Vita. I've been waiting forever for the PSP version to go on sale and it looks like I'm still waiting =\

BigEmil

True, but for a twitch-heavy series like Metal Slug the input delay on this port absolutely kills it.

Wasn't worth the full price I paid for it, anyway.

It's a native port, so it actually runs pretty well.

I guess there's also an argument to be made for it being the best Metal Slug, but I was always partial to X, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Metal Slug PS2 version from Anthology was already with high input lag on PS2, the rest of PS2 titles on PS4 is fine

Sweet, glad I somehow kept deciding to wait to buy Blackwood Crossing at the last minute a few times. Looks like it's finally time now.

G-Bus

Banned
Damn. Black flag is super tempting at that price.

Gona give freedom cry a whirl and if it leaves me wanting more I'll jump on that Black flag deal.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's on sale again but is that AC triple pack deal good? You're basically getting each game for $10 each.

I enjoyed all three enough to recommend. Black Flag left the best impression on me, so if you feel the need to only opt for one, go for that. However, the other two games are pretty solid and offer their own unique twists and settings. Unity is still one of the best looking games this gen. Syndicate kind of just exists, neither bad nor good(more people seemed to love it more than I).

Against my better judgement I bought the Assassin's Creed Bundle. Haven't played an AC game since 3 so I guess I can catch up now.

Having recently started Unity, I have no idea what the hate for that game comes from. So far I'm enjoying the hell out of it, the graphics and animation are amazing and the setting is dope as fuck.

Ezio Collection and RIME still too expensive. The wait continues.

Having recently started Unity, I have no idea what the hate for that game comes from. So far I'm enjoying the hell out of it, the graphics and animation are amazing and the setting is dope as fuck.

The graphics are amazing? I wish my standards were that low.

Anyway the game was thrashed for being extremely buggy and having a terrible framerate with terrible graphics.

Teeth

It's cheaper to buy the Assassin's Creed Trilogy that includes Syndicate than it is to buy AC Syndicate alone.

How odd.

Kevtones

Wish Dying Light was Ubisoft… Looking for a sale on that. Thinking I'll do Overcooked on Switch. It's a better option for MP these days for me.

EGOMON

header.jpg

I had no idea this game was out until i saw it in the sales, so i bought it :)
Nice little game to support a good devs

Also the wait for GR Wildlands sales was worth it, i don't know how many times i almost pulled the trigger on full price purchase :D

ShinLad

Neo Member
What's the word on Rise and Shine? Should I just wait for PC price to go down?

Is ADK Damashii a good port? I really want a good Twinkle Sprite for my PS4

Can anyone give me a quick yay or nay on the season pass content for Wildlands? I usually like to get gold editions of Ubisoft games but if it's just average or poor (which is sometimes the case for them), I'd like to save the money.

Sh0k

I recently played through Shantae Half Genie Hero on the Switch and loved the game. Are the other two Shantae games in this sale as good as Half Genie Hero?

Yoss

Neo Member
Rayman and Never Alone are great. I'm thinking about picking up Oceanhorn, Ys, and the Never Alone dlc. Really need to clear out some backlog though :(

Mista Koo

Tempted to buy AC Ezio and Triple Pack but A) I'm not gonna play Revelations nor Unity B) I'm not gonna play the rest anytime soon.

Any comments on Headlander or Lost Sea..? Definitely picking up Ys Origin.

The shooting in Headlander is kinda clunky, but I still really liked the game overall. Maybe not an all time favorite as far as game play goes, but definitely aesthetically. Seeing as it's like $3, I'd go for it.

autoduelist

Anyone have any feedback on:

Butcher
Bug Butcher
Mother Russia Bleeds
Lost Sea
Mantis Burn Racing

Mantis looks solid. Butcher and Mother Russia both seem to be marketed as 'hard', which is fine by me but I don't know if I need 2 at the same time.

and Ys Origin? I own but haven't played other Ys... should I just play those first or is it worth starting with this one?

Top Bottom