• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN: Sale of the Dead: Daylight, Outlast, and More on Sale

netguy503

So it's day 2 of the PVZ: GW PS4 debacle. Has ANYONE got this game to work??? I woke up this morning, tried to boot it up, nothing. Tried to restore licenses, boot the game up, nothing. Sony took my money and ran. :( I feel sorry for the people in this thread who bought this game for their kids. This is BEYOND annoying. I'm not deleting/reinstalling 14GB (that would be my 4th time) until I know that's a fix.

So it's day 2 of the PVZ: GW PS4 debacle. Has ANYONE got this game to work??? I woke up this morning, tried to boot it up, nothing. Tried to restore licenses, boot the game up, nothing. Sony took my money and ran. :( I feel sorry for the people in this thread who bought this game for their kids. This is BEYOND annoying. I'm not deleting/reinstalling 14GB (that would be my 4th time) until I know that's a fix.

I just called them and got a refund.

I've read on Reddit that a refund + rebuying the game + restoring licenses fixes things. About to test this theory now.

Update: Yup, it worked. Playing the game now.

netguy503

I've read on Reddit that a refund + rebuying the game + restoring licenses fixes things. About to test this theory now.

Hope they fix it so we don't have to call if they already know it's a problem. Calls to Sony don't really work alot of the time as shown in this thread. How did your phone call go exactly that got you the refund?

How much you want to bet that when they process your refund, they revoke the working license? (it will be the only one tied to your account). Good luck

I got it to work. I noticed that the first time downloading that the main game file was not showing to be 14GB. I deleted it and redownloaded and that time it showed correct.

How much you want to bet that when they process your refund, they revoke the working license? (it will be the only one tied to your account). Good luck

Ha, given my experience with them lately - I wouldn't be surprised.

It's strange, yesterday, with DriveClub, they processed my refund on the spot. Now I gotta wait 3-5 days.

Alienous

15582959331_46816e1476_z.jpg

And yes, that is Sunset Overdrive's font.

This is fucking with my eyes.

I think my reading glasses are making this some kind of 3D image. What the fuck?

Coiote

Is there a official response from Sony about the Garden Warfare issue?

I bought the game, but I can't play it too. It sucks because even though I use an american account, I don't actually live in the US, so calling the customer service for a refund isn't a practical solution for me.

They're supposedly working to resolve the issue.

No official response because God forbid they actually let their paying customers know WTF is going on

netguy503

I got it to work. I noticed that the first time downloading that the main game file was not showing to be 14GB. I deleted it and redownloaded and that time it showed correct.

I'm showing 18GB and download status :completed. Still doesn't work. Nope, not redownloading all that for a fourth time until I know there is a fix and it's confirmed by many people.

coisou

Neo Member
"Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles was added to the PlayStation Network in Europe in June 2014, as a PSP-only release (the game is not compatible with the PS Vita)."

What? Is this true? Nooooo.

TheJerit

Grabbed Garden Warfare. Heard too many good things about it on GAF and elsewhere and with this sale and PS+ making a 50% discount, it was no brainer. It looks like a blast to play. My sons have been wanting to play it too, so they are going to freak out when I show to them later :) .

cackhyena

Welp, hope you have better luck than most with it actually working for you.

Has anyone who has purchased Garden Warfare went back to the game's page to see if it says purchased under the title? It still says the discounted price and I can buy it again. I look elsewhere at titles already bought and they say purchased. I don't get it.

yea..I should have bought the damn disc

Welp, hope you have better luck than most with it actually working for you.

Has anyone who has purchased Garden Warfare went back to the game's page to see if it says purchased under the title? It still says the discounted price and I can buy it again. I look elsewhere at titles already bought and they say purchased. I don't get it.

Same exact situation for me. What a pain in the ass. Still no word from Sony, even though they're clearly aware there's a problem.

vypek

Someone had success with getting refund and re-purchasing Garden Warfare, right? Is that the only fix for people for now? Just want more people to experience how fun this game is.

Fun stuff like this can happen:

http://webmup.com/XNcTb/

Someone had success with getting refund and re-purchasing Garden Warfare, right? Is that the only fix for people for now? Just want more people to experience how fun this game is.

Fun stuff like this can happen:

http://webmup.com/XNcTb/

I did in terms of getting the game to work (after repurchasing)

However, my refund was denied today. So I had to call and complain (seems the other customer service rep I originally talked to never notes that we tried to troubleshoot the problem)

Anyways, after my call, the refund was approved within an hour. And the game still works.

netguy503

However, my refund was denied today. So I had to call and complain (seems the other customer service rep I originally talked to never notes that we tried to troubleshoot the problem)

Anyways, after my call, the refund was approved within an hour. And the game still works.

who do I call to fix this problem?

vypek

Glad things pretty much worked out for you (even though its a hassle that should have never happened).

braves01

Banned
Tekken 6 psp ($4.50 right now) is good for anyone looking for more fighters beyond SCII and Darkstalkers. I just spent a bit playing it, and it seems pretty full-featured for a portable version and the controls map well to Vita. Playing with HP and HK on L and R sucks for most of the 6 button games, but 4 button ones like this and Marvel are really nice. Tekken's especially nice because there are fewer complex motions as well.

Tekken 6 psp ($4.50 right now) is good for anyone looking for more fighters beyond SCII and Darkstalkers. I just spent a bit playing it, and it seems pretty full-featured for a portable version and the controls map well to Vita. Playing with HP and HK on L and R sucks for most of the 6 button games, but 4 button ones like this and Marvel are really nice. Tekken's especially nice because there are fewer complex motions as well.

How's the IQ?

braves01

Banned
How's the IQ?

Pretty good for a PSP game, imo. There's some animation on the stages, but some effects are missing like tracks in the snow, for example. There's jaggies, but that's expected.

I think you can get a better idea just watching a youtube video

It really makes the 3DS game look horrible in comparison, considering they got it looking this good on PSP and have a ton more features.

After playing the hell out of T6 on both 360 and PS3 for years, I was surprised by how well it handled when playing it on the Vita TV.

chaosaeon

I've never actually played a Castlevania game before, but all I ever hear is that SoTN is amazing, and I'm interested. What is it about it that everyone loves ?

I'm also looking for thoughts on Fatal Frame 3. I've got the first 2 and enjoyed the first game despite the weird reversed controls and slightly unreliable/finicky combat. I haven't tried the second yet, anyone have any thoughts on 3 ?

The running opinion on Dante's Inferno is also that it's "okay or decent" in the vein of a 6-7 out of 10 right ?

Tizoc

I've never actually played a Castlevania game before, but all I ever hear is that SoTN is amazing, and I'm interested. What is it about it that everyone loves ?

I'm also looking for thoughts on Fatal Frame 3. I've got the first 2 and enjoyed the first game despite the weird reversed controls and slightly unreliable/finicky combat. I haven't tried the second yet, anyone have any thoughts on 3 ?

The running opinion on Dante's Inferno is also that it's "okay or decent" in the vein of a 6-7 out of 10 right ?

Get the Dracula X Chronicles since you also get another great Casltevania game: Rondo of Blood. Base game is the remake, but you can unlock SotN+RoB classic by completing certain conditions in the base game.

TBH I can't comment on WHY SotN is so well regarded, I just believe the hype and play the bloody game.

Speaking of which, does the PSP ver. of SotN fix any of the bugs from the PSX ver.?

chaosaeon

Get the Dracula X Chronicles since you also get another great Casltevania game: Rondo of Blood. Base game is the remake, but you can unlock SotN+RoB classic by completing certain conditions in the base game.

The link to the sale says Dracula X Chronicles is only on PSP though, which I don't have. Or am I missing something here ?

Tizoc

The link to the sale says Dracula X Chronicles is only on PSP though, which I don't have. Or am I missing something here ?

Are you EU or US PSN? EU PSN for whatever morornic reason doesn't have it Vita compatible.
Its Vita compatible in the US just fine though.

Just buy the PS1 release of SOTN please. Trust me.

who do I call to fix this problem?

1-800-345-SONY

Or you can try their Live Chat located here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Glad things pretty much worked out for you (even though its a hassle that should have never happened).

Yeah, that's what rubs me the wrong way about all of this that in the two times I called about this issue, none-of-the-reps knew about it. Mind you, it wasn't a huge problem like, say, DriveClub's connectivity. But judging by GAF and Reddit, enough people were effected where THEY should be aware. After all money and non-working digital games are involved. They should have been on top of it, not me and other posters.

cackhyena

I think it has something to do with the licenses. Anyways, I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted the problem fixed. Called support, they walked me through some stuff in Safe Mode that didn't work and then he said he was issuing a refund on my card that would take up to a business week. Just said to re download the game and if any issues still arise, he gave me a transaction number. Currently downloading, but I'm pretty sure it's fine now. Seems like the license is in order this time, as I immediately went back to the game page and saw that it is now considered purchased, whereas it was not the first time around.

Oddly enough, in Safe Mode, he had me download the latest system update...which I know I had. Must have been a bug or something, because as soon as I had it installed, update files for a bunch of my previously bought games started downloading. Weird.

jjasper

Going to my third day and I still can't play the game. Good job Sony, PSN is rocking this month.
Yeah this is the first retail game I have bought from PSN and the whole thing has been really off putting doubt I buy another retail game for a while after this.

cackhyena

Yeah this is the first retail game I have bought from PSN and the whole thing has been really off putting doubt I buy another retail game for a while after this.
It's in no way the norm. I've purchased plenty. First time this has happened. I wouldn't worry about future purchases.

Top Bottom