• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale [US]: SFV, Wipeout, MegaMan, Hitman, For Honor, Blazblue, Furi, Skullgirls

I bought it for 10 dollars and got bored pretty quickly. Didn't care for the combat or the story so it wore thin after a few hours.

After watching some videos, I think I'll like it since I prefer 3rd person shooters.

Though I am worried about hitting a roadblock since I plan to play it solo.

That's a great deal getting it for $10. I'd have no issues jumping in at that price.

I'm leaning towards still taking the plunge at $20 and seeing what happens.

Excellent price for WipEout, nobody should sleep on it. Even if you aren't too interested in racers, it's a real technical/visual showcase.

Althane

My problem with alienation is the scaling really messes the game up

Does it screw up single player? I'm unlikely to have anyone couch-co-op, but I don't like doing random online play. Still interested in it, but sort of hemming and hawwing.

For anyone on the fence, MKXL is a no-brainer.

Tons of fun, accessible for newbs, and like all Netherrealm fighters, it enjoys a hefty amount of single-player content.

Also, the guest characters are awesome. You can have Jason fighting Leatherface for god's sake.

How awesome is that?

maxresdefault.jpg

After watching some videos, I think I'll like it since I prefer 3rd person shooters.

That's a great deal getting it for $10. I'd have no issues jumping in at that price.

You should give Ghost Recon: Wildlands a shot, free trial this weekend and I would say is way more fun to play solo than The Division.

do it! great single-player game! & no roadblocks (except for maybe the dark zone stuff :) )...

really enjoyed my solo playthrough!...

netguy503

Just FYI, purchases from this flash sale nets you 3x Sony Rewards Points, which can be used to redeem more PSN money later (I found out I had enough points for $10 by checking my points today).

Thanks for this I just got $300 worth of PSN Card credit for "Free" from my past flash sale purchases. I hope that money lasts until the Black Friday/ Christmas flash sales. I'm going to have a fun time. :)

You should give Ghost Recon: Wildlands a shot, free trial this weekend and I would say is way more fun to play solo than The Division.

do it! great single-player game! & no roadblocks (except for maybe the dark zone stuff :) )...

really enjoyed my solo playthrough!...

I didn't even know GR Wildlands existed before you told me about it, so I looked up some videos. Looks fun! Open world and stealth gameplay is right up my alley.

Now I'm like "Why not both?" games. :)

kunonabi

Picked up SFV. Im sure it will get even cheaper but at least I can give my friend his copy back before he moves. Just got to wait for season 2 to go on sale now.

firelogic

Picked up SFV. Im sure it will get even cheaper but at least I can give my friend his copy back before he moves. Just got to wait for season 2 to go on sale now.

Just wait for the arcade edition free update in January. You'll get season 2 for free.

edit: nvm, the characters aren't free. gotta buy them or earn via FM for existing owners of sfv.

Thanks for this I just got $300 worth of PSN Card credit for "Free" from my past flash sale purchases. I hope that money lasts until the Black Friday/ Christmas flash sales. I'm going to have a fun time. :)
Did you just make a Sony Rewards account and link up your PSN? Or did you already have one?

Just got Skullgirls 2nd Encore. Finally getting into fighting games after listening to my favorite podcasters talking about them and DBFZ

netguy503

Did you just make a Sony Rewards account and link up your PSN? Or did you already have one?

I Already had it since it sarted but never used it and I've had it since the program first launched. Since this "3x bonus" happens pretty much every flash sale, and I pretty much only buy during the flash sales, I had alot of unused points. :)

I didn't even know GR Wildlands existed before you told me about it, so I looked up some videos. Looks fun! Open world and stealth gameplay is right up my alley.

Now I'm like "Why not both?" games. :)

I would exercise caution on The Division if you are 100% playing solo, at least in GR:W it places AI teammates in, but in Division you get nothing unless you do public matchmaking. Some of the late-game missions, Dark Zone, and the weekly challenge missions would be punishing to do by yourself.

ZangBa

Is Hitman ever going to go down in price outside of sales? I feel like I've hit the point where I should wait for it to drop significantly more.

I Already had it since it sarted but never used it and I've had it since the program first launched. Since this "3x bonus" happens pretty much every flash sale, and I pretty much only buy during the flash sales, I had alot of unused points. :)
Ah, I gotcha. Thought I had built up credit even though I didn't sign up but no good. :(

Great for you though!

bobawesome

I wish I hadn't bought Downwell for the Vita before the flash sale (already own it on Steam). Would've rather had Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Weiss

Banned
I sorta want to get MKX but it's been two years so everyone I could play against is doubtlessly better than me and the new MK is probably coming by 2019.

EDIT: I bought it because apparently I don't have enough money to waste.

J_Viper

Hmmm
Given a choice between SF5 Deluxe and Tekken 7, I'm thinking 7 is the better option, right?

I'm a complete casual when it comes to fighting games

I'm assuming by the posts it would be pointless to buy SFV base edition instead of delux?

I was leaning towards just Rainbow Six and MKXL and saw they also had the base version of SFV as well.

kirblar

I'm assuming by the posts it would be pointless to buy SFV base edition instead of delux?

I was leaning towards just Rainbow Six and MKXL and saw they also had the base version of SFV as well.
Yeah if you don't own SFV the base is a terrible value proposition, better to just grab Deluxe (same as Arcade Edition disc version launching in January)

Picked up Alienation and Dustforce (PS3).

Seem the best deals that are up my alley. Wish they had Dustforce Vita...but oh well.

That's all for now unless someone can persuade me otherwise.

Klotera

For anyone on the fence, MKXL is a no-brainer.

Tons of fun, accessible for newbs, and like all Netherrealm fighters, it enjoys a hefty amount of single-player content.

Also, the guest characters are awesome. You can have Jason fighting Leatherface for god's sake.

How awesome is that?

maxresdefault.jpg

I have MKX (digital) and the first Kombat Pack, but never got Kombat Pack 2. This would actually be cheaper than doing that and get me the extra characters. I wonder if it would be smart enough to use the same game save, since I assume it will install as a separate game.

maks

Hmmm
Given a choice between SF5 Deluxe and Tekken 7, I'm thinking 7 is the better option, right?

I'm a complete casual when it comes to fighting games

I would go with T7 now, then SF arcade edition for $40 in january.

I have MKX (digital) and the first Kombat Pack, but never got Kombat Pack 2. This would actually be cheaper than doing that and get me the extra characters. I wonder if it would be smart enough to use the same game save, since I assume it will install as a separate game.
Yeah, saves transfer.

Top Bottom