• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN "Spring Sale 2022" Ending Today (4/27). Anyone have any PS4 exclusive recommendations?

Leonidas

Searched and it seems there is no thread for this years sale.

d58bd57a-e88b-46e6-8fd3-6d00ec67ae9c.png

The sale ends in around 9 hours as of this post.

Can anyone recommend me some PS4 exclusives in this sale that are worth considering?

Agent X

Burnout Paradise Remastered $19.99 $5.99 (70% off)

Rayman Legends $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Both of these games are excellent!

I also picked up the following collection last night:

EA Family Bundle $39.99 $3.99 (90% off)

This one's got Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and Unravel together in one bundle. I already had Unravel (very cool game), but was in the mood to try Need for Speed, and saw that this bundle is actually cheaper than buying NFS by itself for $4.99...and I get Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 too!

Each of the included games is currently selling for $4.99 individually...or you can get all three for a dollar less. That's a rather sweet deal!

Speaking of NFS, I also grabbed this one:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered $39.99 $7.99 (80% off)

I liked this game a lot on PS3, so I decided to give the PS4 version a shot as well.

EDMIX

Burnout Paradise Remastered $19.99 $5.99 (70% off)

Rayman Legends $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Both of these games are excellent!

I also picked up the following collection last night:

EA Family Bundle $39.99 $3.99 (90% off)

This one's got Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and Unravel together in one bundle. I already had Unravel (very cool game), but was in the mood to try Need for Speed, and saw that this bundle is actually cheaper than buying NFS by itself for $4.99...and I get Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 too!

Each of the included games is currently selling for $4.99 individually...or you can get all three for a dollar less. That's a rather sweet deal!

Speaking of NFS, I also grabbed this one:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered $39.99 $7.99 (80% off)

I liked this game a lot on PS3, so I decided to give the PS4 version a shot as well.

I might get that EA Family Bundle for Need For Speed and Unravel (heard good things)

Is that Need For Speed the reboot that was online only or something? I don't recall which one that was tbh, if it is.........pass lol

EDMIX

I kinda want to get The last of us part ll but I wish ND made a PS5 version.

Some thing tells me when they do that remasters, they'll just let you get a free download of it anyway like you saw with Horizon FW or something. So I'd buy it at $20 and see. At least if its digital, you can have that automatically if they do indeed do some free thing. At this point ,a remaster is more of a when then if.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Some thing tells me when they do that remasters, they'll just let you get a free download of it anyway like you saw with Horizon FW or something. So I'd buy it at $20 and see. At least if its digital, you can have that automatically if they do indeed do some free thing. At this point ,a remaster is more of a when then if.
It’s 60 frames, at least. For $20 it’s a no brainer
I don't even care about the controversy anymore.

I kinda want to get The last of us part ll but I wish ND made a PS5 version.
It's kinda BS that they didn't as they had been heavily suggesting that it would be around the time the game first launched. Game needs am improvement to shadow quality badly as well as higher resolution. 1600p/60 would be the sweet spot. So disappointed that the Uncharted 4 remasters are only 1440p/60. 1440p just doesn't quite cut it for these games. You lose a lot of fine detail.

Kinda disappointed with Naughty Dog since ps5 release.

This is part of the new under $20 sale, but if you have any interest at all in visual novels you need to get 428: Shibuya Scramble. Even if you don't know if you like visual novels it is probably the best one to start with because the story is actually grounded and not all anime weeb'd out, and is a perfect mix of genuine suspense and humor. It also is structured as 5 or 6 stories concurrently happening, filled with tons of dead end game overs (many of which are hilarious), so it feels much more engaging than a typical visual novel where you are straight reading through a linear story.

There is even a demo to try!

T-Cake

I would have bought Max Payne for £7 but not now since the remaster announcement. I'm also taking more of a "wait and see" approach to digital purchases. I'm hoping the games on the new PS+ service will keep me occupied without my spending another penny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom