• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

what PS3 games have internet sites where you can check Leaderboards..? I know about Killzone 3, Socom 4, MAG.. but are there more..?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PsychoRaven said:
No problem. Anything good so far. Sadly I don't read the dutch language. lol

@laghater Op dit moment niet.

"Not at the moment, no?"

@mischadebock Die details zijn nog niet bekend gemaakt.

"The details of our new backend soon?"

I don't know Dutch, I'm just winging it with keywords.

Why does Walmart get to play games first? )<

Because they have low prices on server backends that Sony needs, Always(TM).

I've had at least half a dozen coworkers abandon their PS3 for a 360 this week. I think that some of you need to remember that the GAF mentality is not the same as the rest of the world. These are guys that buy maybe 2-3 games a year, and play online in the evenings with each other. After work, and family time, I can understand why they'd be upset that they can't relax online a couple of times a week. For them, since they buy very few games, thus haven't made a huge investment in the console, so trading things in for a 360 isn't a huge ordeal. I think we'll see the effect of this mostly in big blockbuster titles like the new COD, where the percentage of PS3 titles sold is much lower than in past years.

TheSeks

Kagari said:
Resistance?

Battlefield Bad Company, but those are third party EA servers. Dunno if those are still up during the downtime.

Digishine

Banned
something interesting
@PlayStationNL er wordt gezegd dat het in england weer online is klopt dat??

Translation :

They say psn is back online in UK is this true ?

PlayStationNL
@TheMightyLeroy Enkel interne testers zijn momenteel online, nog geen volledige territories.

Translation :

Only internal testers are only online atm, no complete territories.

Hanmik

the PLOT thickens...

this is from LBP.me.

fSjSD.jpg

this is from Killzone 3

1UXlY.jpg

the same user NanoNeya has been online in LBP2 and in Killzone 3 the last 24 hours..

so somebody is doing some testing..!

TheSeks

Hanmik said:
the PLOT thickens...

this is from LBP.me.

http://i.imgur.com/fSjSD.jpg

this is from Killzone 3

http://i.imgur.com/1UXlY.jpg

the same user NanoNeya has been online in LBP2 and in Killzone 3 the last 24 hours..

so somebody is doing some testing..!

Detective-GAF assemble! We must find out who this "NanoNeya" person is, capture them, and beat the shit out of them until they break and release a PSN goes back online date! Chop-chop!

zomgbbqftw said:
Two days is 'a couple', a few days is more than that, but less than a week.
Semantic bickering about the exact meaning of "a few" aside, I don't think that previous update precludes a release of new, more solid information. The notion that they told people what they needed to know with the "at least a few more days," three-sentence update only really holds water if your bar for good PR is set very, very low.

androvsky

If it helps any, a reliable insider posted that they were aiming for Friday for Japan and parts of Europe just before the last blog update.

I'm betting the next blog update will be explaining why there's a firmware update even though most of the world won't be able to log on for another day or two... :/

Giriath_89 said:
I'm pretty sure that is Killzone 2 that he played? Also, hasn't it pretty much been confirmed Starhawk will have a single-player campaign?
Yeah, that look slike KZ2. Someone has his priorities in order :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
androvsky said:
If it helps any, a reliable insider posted that they were aiming for Friday for Japan and parts of Europe just before the last blog update.

I'm betting the next blog update will be explaining why there's a firmware update even though most of the world won't be able to log on for another day or two... :/

Japan first, wat?

TheSeks

Nightz said:
7 pm PST if Grace Chen has her way.

No, if Grace Chen has her way we won't see a firmware update until 4AM PST Saturday 7AMEST Saturday in the US.

zomgbbqftw said:
Two days is 'a couple', a few days is more than that, but less than a week.
'as it will likely be at least a few more days' only really means 'it won't be up in the next few days'. it doesn't specify any kind of end range. you're thinking they said 'it will be up within a few days', which they didn't.

npm0925

Sony has handled every aspect of this affair poorly and incompetently. But given the alternative of Xbox 360, I have no choice but to grit my teeth and wait it out.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
TheSeks said:
No, if Grace Chen has her way we won't see a firmware update until 4AM PST Saturday 7AMEST Saturday in the US.
Probably looking at Monday or Tuesday of next week, if not later.

test_account

XP-39C²
GodfatherX said:
I work for a national ISP, and have had

1. Alot of calls of people asking how it can still be down then saying they are selling their ps3. Obviously this purely out of frustration so I take it with a grain of salt.
What do you answer when people call your ISP and mention or complain about the PSN downtime? :) I guess that there are some people who think that the PS3 "under maintenence" message they get is s related to their ISP, so i dont blame them too much for that, i'm just curious what you reply to them =)

Dunlop

npm0925 said:
Sony has handled every aspect of this affair poorly and incompetently. But given the alternative of Xbox 360, I have no choice but to grit my teeth and wait it out.

get a Wii, then you never need to worry about online at all

test_account

XP-39C²
zomgbbqftw said:
The guy could have received a special firmware update which allows him to log into the new servers.
Yep, it could also be the normal 3.61 firmware, only that is being send through mail or something (so they have to update the PS3 using a USB stick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom