• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShinUltramanJ said:
I'm considering "trading up" at the moment. My launch 60GB still works fine, but I'm getting kinda scared at all the YLOD talk. Seems like a lot of early units have bit the dust, and I do notice that my PS3 does put out some heat.
So I'm thinking that if I could get at least $200 for it via Craigslist, and use the $100 off a new PS3 coupon at Gamestop, it'll be an even swap.
I'd lose PS2 bc, but that's no longer important to me as I haven't popped a PS2 disc in there in ages. I'd gain a new unit with an extra 100GB of space, consumes less energy, and is under warranty.

The smartest thing to do is keep your 60gb for PS2 hardware BC/upscaling, and get a Slim for all main PS3 use. No need in beating up the 60gb to death with modern hardware-demanding PS3 use.

DiZ_O

Banned
Persona7 said:
How come people always forgot about the shitty PS2 hardware?

I have gone through at least 14 of them including slims. I lost count.

Every single friend and family member of mine who owned a PS2 had to get it replaced at least once.

PS3s manufactured in the first 2 years are not exactly high quality either.

Pretty sure problem is with you and not with the consoles. I can understand people having to replace them once or maybe even twice...But when you reach 14 overall....'outta here.

Soda

Persona7 said:
How come people always forgot about the shitty PS2 hardware?

I have gone through at least 14 of them including slims. I lost count.

Every single friend and family member of mine who owned a PS2 had to get it replaced at least once.

PS3s manufactured in the first 2 years are not exactly high quality either.

Are you serious? I had a first gen PS2 that lasted me forever, and then the slims came out and I sold it in working condition to buy the slim. I sold the slim when I bought my 80gb PS3, it works till this day (sans PSN).

micster

BY2K said:
PSN was working at my work today, we could play co-op. (Not saying what game, I can't anyway.)

Everybody was clueless but, somehow it was working.
nlfbd.jpg

Where do you work ?

Ohhh you're a dev. Well this gives a bit of hope things are getting back to normal

BY2K

Membero Americo
micster said:
http://i.imgur.com/nlfbd.jpg[img]

Where do you work ?

Ohhh you're a dev. Well this gives a bit of hope things are getting back to normal[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm not a dev, I only do testing. (Functionality Testing.) We're a third party game testing company.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
jetsetfluken said:
The smartest thing to do is keep your 60gb for PS2 hardware BC/upscaling, and get a Slim for all main PS3 use. No need in beating up the 60gb to death with modern hardware-demanding PS3 use.

This would certainly be an option in my younger single days. But aside from the usual bills/mortgage, I've got a daughter going to the prom, birthdays coming up, kid's dance recital, vacation, etc to pay for.
I don't really have a spare $200 that I can waste on my hobby at the moment. So if I can do this without any out of pocket expenses it'll be good for me.

Big Baybee said:
I'm surprised at how patient I've been throughout this whole process.
Me too. I haven't even noticed it's been down 3 weeks. But that may be because I was playing Portal 2. Now that I've finished it I could see myself becoming irrational if PSN is not back in the next few days. After a single player game I like to get some multiplayer in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay. This thread is really big now, so I'm going to make a new one. Also I have something that can be posted as news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom