• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
(previous "PSN is down" thread)

CLICK THIS TO CHECK WHAT STATES PSN IS UP IN HERE

Okay, so this was mentioned in the old thread by a QA tester and since then I have had other developers confirm to me that this is the case. The internal PSN developer network is online again, at least it seems for some, although things are still a bit shaky at the moment such as lack of new account sign up.

Looks like the full network, at least the online play/account part of it, will be back soon.

Update: QA started earlier this week on online games and has been running smoothly.

UPDATE: PSN SERVICES GOING BACK UP

How to change your password:

1. Select [Sign In] under PlayStation®Network on the XMB (XrossMediaBar) Menu.

2. Enter your sign-in ID (email address) and password, and then select [Sign In].

Enter the current sign-in ID (email address) and password for your PlayStation Network account, and ensure that you can receive messages at this email address.

3. Select [OK] from the screen that prompts you to change your password.

A screen for entering a new password is displayed.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to change your password.

After you have changed your password, you will be able to sign in to PlayStation Network.

If the screen for entering a new password is not displayed after step 3, your PlayStation 3 system has never been activated on PlayStation Network using your account. In this case, an email message will be sent to your registered email address. Follow the instructions in the email message to access a website and change your password.

If you have forgotten your password

If you have forgotten your password, you will need to change it from the PlayStation Network website. Follow the instructions shown below.

1. Select [Sign In] under PlayStation®Network on the XMB Menu.

2. Select [Forgot your password?] on the sign-in screen.

3. Enter your sign-in ID (email address) and your date of birth, and then select [Continue].

Ensure that you can receive messages at this email address.

4. Check that your email address is correct, and then select [Confirm].

An email message will be sent to your registered email address. Follow the instructions in the email message to change your password. When you have changed your password, you will be able to sign in to PlayStation Network.

If the PlayStation Network account you are using is a sub account, it may be necessary to first sign in using the master account to change the password.

Dragon

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
As soon as PSN comes up for real I am going to insert my credit card and buy Outland.

draft_lens6073292module47889162photo_1248391032playstation-network-card.jpg

Wario64 said:
Submitting this thread to kotaku

ETA on impersonation?

Guess this is the thread we ride out til the bitter end.
Like I said in the last thread, with these little rumors and things coming up, I'd say within the next 24 hours if not then mid-next week. They wouldn't launch on a weekend.

StuBurns

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
As soon as PSN comes up for real I am going to insert my credit card and buy Outland.
PSN will be up before the store.

I'll be getting Outland when it's out, I'm going to buy a card though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kagari said:
New account sign up isn't there right now.

Well, at least it's a start. If they bring back PSN for existing accounts today I'd be happy. I know that ain't going to happen though. :(

ALSO BOO WE DIDN'T GET |OT2| IN THE LAST THREAD! (Of course, this would be OT5?)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST (CLOSED)

PRIZES
Whoever guesses the date correctly gets to choose one of three prizes:
-$20 prize of your choice (PSN, MS Points, Nintendo Points, Steam, etc. as long as it's in North America) (thanks to Mr_Elysia)
-Limited edition Xbox 360 faceplate from Zero Hour (thanks to Krakatoa)
-Stacking: Lost Hobo King DLC voucher for PSN (thanks to kassatsu).

If there are multiple winners, I will use some randomizer thingy to chose a random winner. If no one guesses the date right, well...a random person from the whole pool will be chosen just for participating.
I will do another drawing for the prizes that the winner didn't choose within the winning date pool. If only 1 person guessed the correct date, then everyone will be in the pool.

Keep in mind, we'll use the USA region to determine when PSN goes up, and it will be based on the Pacific time zone. So if it goes up at 11:59 PM PDT on May 4th, then May 4th is the winning date.

April 29 - EL Beefo, demigod
April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite, YianGaruga, Sblargh, Adamm, rSpooky, Manji Silk Boss, x3sphere
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!, ApolloJoh, RbBrdMan, mr stroke, Tonza, jayb, Trin3785, dirkdiggy, robut, mufraka, Beam, B1gg_Randall, darkwing, JazzmanZ, rainking187, DR3AM, Lonely1, Koodo, SUBZERO-08, OneMoreQuestion
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong, Miutsu, reKon, PigSpeakers, Jinfash, Complexgod, onQ123, Trevelyon, Kccitystar, Killthee, Fistwell, Atruvius, Jaroof, polyh3dron, shagg_187, LiK, Jax, get2sammyb, Giriath_89, grkazan12, electroshockwave, Hanmik, TheSeks, enewtabie, The_Darkest_Red, aristotle, fadetoblack, Zoibie, Sp3eD, Oni Jazar, Withnail, giancarlo123x, caliblue15, TheBrain76, Cloudius12, Firehead, FINALBOSS, Toki767, Chrange, Cruzader, baekshi, ShineALight, Akuosa, GTP_Daverytimes, Infernodash, .JayZii, Seraphis Cain, Agent X, jcm, Onion_Relish, PsychoRaven
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails, ZeroRay, polg, daegan, Stoffinator, angelfly, StunandStab, Kaizer, Revolutionary, spats, Xater, lawblob, MooMoo, hirokazu, DMeisterJ, cjtiger300, Dedication Through Light, KenOD, No_Style, DaBuddaDa, gl0w, BLSwagger10, Kung Fu Grip, vilmer_, xKilltheMx, spindashing, phosphor112, Paznos, DenogginizerOS, Zoe, Shalashaska, Majine, LyleLanley, Rebel Leader, gregor7777, FunkyPajamas, Dark Schala, Crewnh, thegreatchamp, maxte, iCon, AniHawk, Lion Heart, Irish, -Pyromaniac-, ZZMitch, Carl, Sadaiyappan, Ericsc, androvsky, CatPee, Vormund, ShortBus, HaRyu, Returners, Purexed, LugNut74, Big Papa Husker, I3rand0, Cosmo Clock 21, tenchir, BackwardsSuggestions, Strider2K99, Akkad, rekameohs, Mercury Fred, How About No, MrTroubleMaker, DrAndonuts
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied, Sword Familiar, Prodigal, V_Ben, BeeDog, PjotrStroganov, Mr_Brit, Neuromancer, Rikyfree, darkjedi187, Ikkarus, iNvidious01, Billychu, Mikey Jr., raebodep, lastinline, Arpharmd B, sn1pes, kinoki, Manticore, offshore, Whogie, jackb2424, notworksafe, WonkyPanda, Mr Pockets, BobTheFork, jsrv, Y2Kev, slayn, Mr.NiceGuy, NMan, theta11, Ark, Averon, Snuggler, Knux-Future, EricHasNoPull, Jo-El, Nekrono, Relix, CenLX615, Kurod
May 5- upJTboogie, CcrooK, TOM f'N CRUISE, Voltron64, Marrshu, JLG-, upJTboogie, Metalmurphy, olimpia84, CadetMahoney, NYR, falconzss, MushroomSamba, Yenrot, Raistlin, vermadas, Hey You, OchreHand, gnat_, Shinriji, HarryDemeanor, RobotsAnger, Vamphuntr, Zerokku, Forkball, Cth, Yoshiya
May 6 - Snack, UberTag, Aselith, StevePharma, Urban Scholar, _dementia, Xiul, ChocolateCupcakes, AnEternalEnigma, Relaxed Muscle, vulva, Family Fry, alr1ghtstart, stupei, S1lent, dangerbyrnes, brollyman2k, Chumly, Xanathus, cnizzle06, JasonMCG
May 7 - Dipindots, pslayer666, Persona7, AlberichMX, Bamelin, nbcjr, Htown, Wolves Evolve, sw33tclyde, JetBlackPanda
May 8 - nny, leroidys, BlueSummers, SoundWave, Hieberrr
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien, Mr. E. Yis
May 12 - DavieC726, Beer Monkey, Divvy

May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
May 15 - Megadragon15, Jakeh111

May 17 - Winterblink, D4Danger
May 18 - keit4, izakq
May 19 - Mama Robotnik
May 20 - NeededSleep

May 23 - Ryu Hayabusa
May 24 - statham
May 25 - Firest0rm

May 27 - RPG_Fanatic

May 30 - DryEyeRelief, Angelcurio
May 31 - equap
June 1 - Sgt.Pepper
June 2 - SteelAttack

June 6 - DrForester, Hexadecimalt

June 16 - Brannon

June 31 - Lunchbox

July 4 - Krakatoa
July 5 - TigerUppercut

July 7 - nli10

Nov 1 - Net_Wrecker

Nov 11 - vissione

Dec 12 2012 - Combichristoffersen

Dec 21 2012 - Jal

Feb 29 2014(wait a minute...) - larvi

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheSeks said:
Well, at least it's a start. If they bring back PSN for existing accounts today I'd be happy. I know that ain't going to happen though. :(

ALSO BOO WE DIDN'T GET |OT2| IN THE LAST THREAD! (Of course, this would be OT5?)

It's not really an OT... so... yeah.

PJV3

Thank god it's nearly over, i've blistered my winkle from all the wanking i've had to do to take my mind off it.

MMaRsu

Banned
I laugh at people who quickly sold their consoles just to get their online shooter fix :p.

Good to hear it's coming back up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom