• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ULTROS! said:
Fortunately I'm not ashamed to say or speak about it at all.

Philippines.

How I wish I could be the same. This country just frustrates me to no end. I mean seriously, but what the hell.

At least we got the PS3 slim first lol.

onken

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
How I wish I could be the same. This country just frustrates me to no end. I mean seriously, but what the hell.

lol I remember that, was awesome. So much craziness going on around the time of those slim rumors.

duckroll said:
Hahaha. Tomorrow is going to be the one week anniversary of the last time Sony said anything at all about restoring PSN in the remaining regions. Lulz. Such failure. I hope Kaz Hirai gets fired.
DuckTroll :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nice to see other Pinoy PS3 owners here (I recall you guys helping me on that thread a year ago :p)

Yeah, PSN cards are the way to go here. Stupid DataBlitz tend to raise prices though

duckroll

SneakyStephan said:
DuckTroll :p

Yes, complaining about an essential service being down on a system I have bought and invested into is trolling. Nice try. It has now been more than a week since PSN was restored in the US, and there has still been zero word from Sony about Asia and Japan. Not even a "sorry but there are complications, please wait a little longer". Nothing. Zip. Zilch. What a fucking worthless company.

duckroll said:
Yes, complaining about an essential service being down on a system I have bought and invested into is trolling. Nice try. It has now been more than a week since PSN was restored in the US, and there has still been zero word from Sony about Asia and Japan. Not even a "sorry but there are complications, please wait a little longer". Nothing. Zip. Zilch. What a fucking worthless company.
I understand that you are mad at them for the very poor PR communication but I also understand that this is a Japanese government blocus and therefore something Sony can't do so much about. This is really difficult to bring some guaranties about a service that you're still trying to put back on at its fullest.

Like I said at the begining of PSN shutdown for me it's backlog time... not having PSN made me play some other games that were waiting on my shelves and not buying PS Store games I won't have / take the time to play for weeks is a good thing.
For me it was easier than I tought it would be (at least for a month... I want my Store back now).

onken

duckroll said:

Overreaction much? It's a free, non-essential service for a games console. Sure it sucks but I really have no idea how people can get so emotional about these things.

duckroll said:

ermm...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/05/15/japan-restart-sony-online-games-services-approved/

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/20...rt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

duckroll said:
Which of those links point me to Sony telling me anything?

Oh sorry. You wanted a dedicated email. Or perhaps a registered letter...

Does it matter how you get your info? You still know what's going on.

duckroll

onken said:
Overreaction much? It's a free, non-essential service for a games console. Sure it sucks but I really have no idea how people can get so emotional about these things.

Overreaction? Free non-essential service? I bought LA Noire. I have pre-order DLC which I cannot redeem. I am hence not able to access game content which I paid for. I am hence angry that I am playing a game with less content than the same game on another platform, because the service is not working as it should. Is that unnatural?

duckroll said:
Overreaction? Free non-essential service? I bought LA Noire. I have pre-order DLC which I cannot redeem. I am hence not able to access game content which I paid for. I am hence angry that I am playing a game with less content than the same game on another platform, because the service is not working as it should. Is that unnatural?

Truth be told... you wouldn't be able to redeem it even if PSN was up in Asia

And imo, the bigger problem there is the pre-order DLC trend >.<

BeeDog

Maybe the trouble with the Japanese government/agencies prevent them from providing any details unless they sort it out?

*shrug*

duckroll

BeeDog said:
Maybe the trouble with the Japanese government/agencies prevent them from providing any details unless they sort it out?

*shrug*

I'm still not sure why this affects me in any way. I do not live in Japan. My account services are managed by SCE HK, like the rest of South-East Asia. If for whatever reason the services are affected by Japan's problems in any way, perhaps they can say so? I am failing to see any logic in how going into a total media blackout with consumers is a good idea.

BeeDog

duckroll said:
I'm still not sure why this affects me in any way. I do not live in Japan. My account services are managed by SCE HK, like the rest of South-East Asia. If for whatever reason the services are affected by Japan's problems in any way, perhaps they can say so? I am failing to see any logic in how going into a total media blackout with consumers is a good idea.

I was unaware that HK has its own SCE subsidiary (thought Asia as a whole was managed by one division). Disregard my post then!

onken

duckroll said:

Yeah it is to me because you haven't lost anything. I still can't activate my Steam copy of Portal 2 but it will be waiting for me when the service goes back and I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied.

Mik2121

This is such a joke...

It's already Monday (7:30PM so I guess no luck today), it's been a week or over a week since the US and EU got their PSN up, and we in Asia (JP here) still don't have it...
I can't even connect to my other accounts (US and EU). Can't get my Portal 2 copy for PC because I need the stupid PSN to do that, and I won't even bother buying games like Brink because I want it just for the online.

So yeah, fuck Sony. I still stick to them because of the first party titles like LBP and Uncharted, and because the online community over here is mostly PS3 users, but otherwise...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hydrogen Bluebird said:

Just look at it at another perspective, it helps! Read more about the other countries and you'll see how less frustrating we are.
Hint: We're far from the worst country in the world.

Sorry for the OT though.

duckroll

onken said:
Yeah it is to me because you haven't lost anything. I still can't activate my Steam copy of Portal 2 but it will be waiting for me when the service goes back and I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied.

So you're a good passive customer who doesn't complain about anything, and is happy to wait and you don't see poor communication or lack of public relations as an issue. That's great. I'm happy for you. But guess what? That's actually less natural than being upset when you don't get what you want.

I don't see why I have to tolerate Sony's incompetence in silence and act like everything is okay. They're not my friend. They're not my family. They're just a big company who happens to have something I want, so I'm willing to pay money to get what I want. If I can't get it, I complain. What's wrong with that?

I see it's been mentioned a few times but the reason the PSN is still down is because the japanese government isn't satisfied that Sony is protecting users data properly, so Sony has to jump through hoops to prove it is secure which they are in the process of doing.

Not really Sony's fault at this stage (if you ignore the fact that this whole sham is down to their lacklustre security in the first instance)

BeeDog

Hanmik said:
it is supposed to go up tomorrow.. the 24th of may..

Seeing as there hasn't been any official information from Sony to the public, I doubt we'll see anything tomorrow. Though I'll be pleasantly surprised if the store actually returns.

onken

duckroll said:
So you're a good passive customer who doesn't complain about anything, and is happy to wait and you don't see poor communication or lack of public relations as an issue. That's great. I'm happy for you. But guess what? That's actually less natural than being upset when you don't get what you want.

I don't see why I have to tolerate Sony's incompetence in silence and act like everything is okay. They're not my friend. They're not my family. They're just a big company who happens to have something I want, so I'm willing to pay money to get what I want. If I can't get it, I complain. What's wrong with that?

Heh well firstly if you grew up in the UK you'd be used to shitty service. Secondly, who said anything about acting like everything's ok? I just said I can't understand people getting so worked up about it.

Shadow780

duckroll said:

I doubt complaining here would achieve anything, shouldn't you try directly to Sony, or any corresponding consumer advocate agencies?

duckroll

onken said:
Heh well firstly if you grew up in the UK you'd be used to shitty service. Secondly, who said anything about acting like everything's ok? I just said I can't understand people getting so worked up about it.

Okay, so you have low standards, and you have trouble understanding people. What else is new? Lol.

Shadow780 said:
I doubt complaining here would achieve anything, shouldn't you try directly to Sony, or any corresponding consumer advocate agencies?

I'm not trying to achieve anything, I'm just venting. Why, is that problematic for you?

karasu

How can you let your peace of mind be determined by a press release? It fucking sucks that PSN is still down for you, but just go do something else. Jesus.

duckroll

karasu said:
How can you let your peace of mind be determined by a press release? It fucking sucks that PSN is still down for you, but just go do something else. Jesus.

Wait, what exactly are you complaining about here? The fact that I continue to post in this thread? It takes me less than a minute to type angry replies making fun of Sony.

Hanmik

duckroll said:
Wait, what exactly are you complaining about here? The fact that I continue to post in this thread? It takes me less than a minute to type angry replies making fun of Sony.

QRPXU.jpg

12:49 - 12:58 = 9 minutes...

Beedog said:
Seeing as there hasn't been any official information from Sony to the public, I doubt we'll see anything tomorrow. Though I'll be pleasantly surprised if the store actually returns.

ohh I was just refering to some Danish news from Gamereactor:

I en pressemeddelelse til vores svenske kollegaer (Danmark er jo lukket i dag, så vi har endnu ingen modtaget) lover Sony, at PSN-biksen vil være helt oppe at køre den 24. maj.

source: http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/84030/PlayStation+Store+d.+24+maj/

translated:

In a press release to our Swedish colleagues (Denmark is closed today so we have not yet received) Sony promises that PSN-store will be fully up and running, 24 May

duckroll

Hanmik said:
12:49 - 12:58 = 9 minutes...

You're assuming I sit on the same thread typing a reply. Instead I just pop in and post something when I feel like it, since I use auto-subscriptions for threads I reply in. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PS Store trolled me. I randomly accessed it to see if it work, so after the Playsation Store popped out, it had the loading circle on the upper right. I was like, "ZOMG it's back!" since it took a while, but then suddenly the maintenance message popped up!

Zoc

A lot of things about the situation in Asia are mysterious and frustrating. Why would Sony bother checking IP adresses and block people in Asia from accessing other region PSNs? It can't actually have anything to do with credit cards, since out-of-regions cards have been blocked for a long time anyway.

I have money in my Canadian PSN wallet, and I can't check it, use it, or change my password on that account. Why not?

linsivvi

Why do people keep bringing up the Japanese government thing? The Japanese government restriction have fuck all to do with the other Asian market. If the Japanese government and credit card companies don't have confidence with Sony's security, then block all Japanese IP and Japanese PSN accounts.

The only reason the rest of Asia is still down is because of Sony's apathetic attitude towards Asia, which is typical. They just don't to bother putting a little bit of work to block IPs. I can bet my house that if they host the worldwide accounts in Japan, Sony would have block the Japanese IPs and turned on the server already.

okenny

Banned
duckroll said:

The sad thing is that people kept saying that PSN users would soon forget after PSN is restored. What really shocked me was just how soon and the lowness of the bar for being in a restored state that many PSN customers would be accustomed to. The service not being fully restored anywhere and their third largest territory (their own backyard for goodness sakes) not being online phases few. Listen to some and we live in a world where even mentioning these facts are considered trolling.

Persecution Complex?.... More like Stupidity Complex.

ferr

So by tomorrow they mean about 3 hours from now, right?

Can we get a cool north america map that turns green again?

AaPUZ.png

railGUN

Banned
okenny said:
The sad thing is that people kept saying that PSN users would soon forget after PSN is restored. What really shocked me was just how soon and the lowness of the bar for being in a restored state that many PSN customers would be accustomed to. The service not being fully restored anywhere and their third largest territory (their own backyard for goodness sakes) not being online phases few. Listen to some and we live in a world where even mentioning these facts are considered trolling.

Persecution Complex?.... More like Stupidity Complex.

Lets not forget that on May 5th, Sony said the 'All Clear' emails would be going out "in a few days" - I've yet to hear of a single person receiving this email - 18 days later.

They also said on that day

US Sony Blog said:
We are working to make similar programs available in other countries/territories where applicable. Information will be posted on local websites/blogs when available.

And yet they have not offered us Canadians any type of credit card monitoring or identity theft protection.

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom