• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Galvanise_ said:
You just know that it'll be full of big games. You'd have another COD etc.

call of duty.. they seem to be anounced pretty late (although it is comon knowledge that CoD games get released in november).. because I do not see MW3 or anything like that on the Gamestops lists..

micster

Awh. They've turned off Trophy Checking on Facebook now. All you get is a maintenance message. Gonna see this as a positive step.

Awesome, I think my phat PS3 just died on me. Whenever I turn it on it will stay on for two minutes or less, then it will spontaneously shut off and the power light continuously blinks. I'll probably get a used slim, since I can't seem to fix this problem. Hopefully it arrives by the time PSN is back up.

Hanmik

Galvanise_ said:
Twitter. This might pertain to PSN.

I sure hope so.. I really hope so.. I really wish so... I want to jump off a cliff.. I really hope PSN comes back today.. come on Sony.. show me the light at the end of the tunnel..

Hanmik

Averon said:
Who is Patrick Garratt, and why should I care what he's hinting at?

vg247 editor .. or something like that..

edit..

oh my god this guy here has a perfect sense of humor..

EF5Q6.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/KazHiraiSCE

http://twitpic.com/4wt53u

lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
caligula13 said:
so, is motorstorm apocalypse crashing my ps3 because there is some update that i cannot get online or what?

crashed for me too 3 times and then my ps3 didnt give a signal anymore...

people said it never crashes so yours might croak soon as well.

STG

Dwayne said:
Ah huh. Besides his friend telling him, developers have been saying it's not up.

BY2K said:
PSN was working at my work today, we could play co-op. (Not saying what game, I can't anyway.)

Everybody was clueless but, somehow it was working.

for example (not a dev but QA)

Abylim

Platinum'd Uncharted2 lastnight, one trophy away from Platinum Dragon Age Origins, making it my 5th plat since the psn has been down. LET ME SYNC THESE MEANINGLESS THINGS!

Please, I'm begging you.

I've been using this time to focus on some single player only games. I've been working my way through the Tomb Raider HD collection.

I am gutted I didn't buy Red Johnson Chronicles before PSN went tits up.

falastini

Screw this.

I've been waiting two weeks so I could play Portal 2. I'm just going to return the copy and buy it off Steam. Guess it's a good thing I didn't remove the shrinkwrap yet.

falastini said:
Screw this.

I've been waiting two weeks so I could play Portal 2. I'm just going to return the copy and buy it off Steam. Guess it's a good thing I didn't remove the shrinkwrap yet.

What exactly is keeping you from playing the game? You can always link the game later.

falastini said:
Screw this.

Why have you been waiting for two weeks to play Portal 2?

edit: oh, beaten.

falastini

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
What exactly is keeping you from playing the game? You can always link the game later.

Mouse + Keyboard

I essentially bought it for the PC version. I just purchased the PS3 version since it was a 2 for 1 deal.

LiK

falastini said:
Mouse + Keyboard

I essentially bought it for the PC version. I just purchased the PS3 version since it was a 2 for 1 deal.
Plays fantastic with a controller. Try it out.

mufraka

Neo Member
ooh Kagari is a female? that explains her "these mindless shooters" post in the previous thread. :p
please don't ban me :(

Ricker said:
It would be funny if it came back up on the 16th of May ;P
yeah lol no one on GAF has a bet on that day, and that's likely when it's gonna be up.

bluehat9

Galvanise_ said:
Patrick Garratt said:
Based on a conversation I've just had, I think a lot of you are going to get some very good news in the next day or so.
Twitter. This might pertain to PSN.

3 free psn games instead of two along with a statement that sony are in Super Final Exam Testing Phase Z and that it will only be "a few more days"?

I'm hyped!!

Seraph-

I know they must have at least some games active in small amounts.
Point in case my SOCOM 4 online ranking, day of outage I was ranked
8,333 up until yesterday at which point I am now 8,342.
Hopefully they get it back on so I can reclaim my stakes! I call foul on the whole situation, they shouldn't be playing ranked games!!!!

calder

I'm always disappointed to get into work and not see that it's up yet, for no real reason at all I've gotten it into my head that it would make a lot of sense for them to start PSN back up either very late at night or very early in the morning and I keep hoping/expecting to see "omg finally" gaf threads first thing at work lol.

And by lol I mean :(

Used-ID

Hanmik said:
I just made a Gif that illustrates the Next playstation blog update...

G9Zok.gif

Dunno if that gif is accurate though. It shows: multiple people, movement/progress, direction, teamwork, and all are done in public. These are things we know Sony lacks, or just does not know how to do.

I need to head to work or I'd find a way to fit Grace Chen in there too.

Another update from the same chap Androvsky mentioned previously in another forum, who seems to be a Sony Insider (or previously was):

Maximus said:
Sony's internal network has begun rolling out, I have had that confirmed from a few sources. Once that is done they will commence the roll out of PSN in stages. Online play is the top priority.

When further questioned on it

Maximus said:
It won't be tonight. Again, I'm posting progress that SCE are making, but the wait is nearly over. I think.

Maybe some hope but looks like it'll be Monday at the earliest.

Used-ID said:
Dunno if that gif is accurate though. It shows: multiple people, movement/progress, direction, teamwork, and all are done in public.

It's perfectly accurate. At first glance it looks like they are working hard together. But then you realize that they are just pretending to work, it's the Travelator that's moving them along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom