• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Come on jitender, please bring the PSN store back tomorrow. You're our only hope

p.s. accept my friends request

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Has there been any word as to what new stuff is going up when the store comes back?

Seems to me that we're a month or so behind in updates.

supposedly the dates are :

May 24th
- May 27th
- May 31st
- June 3rd

The first push, set to coincide with the PlayStation Store's reopening, will distribute content that was originally scheduled to publish on April 26. Three days later on the 27th, another round of games will go live, which were originally scheduled for May 3.

The following week, pushes will take place on May 31 and June 3, using content that originally had been planned to be spread over three weeks. At that point, the company will be back on schedule and, presumably, return to a single content push per week.

While Sony is trying to maintain the queue that was already in place, the company says it is willing to move some titles around, depending on urgency. Seemingly, this would include DLC packs for existing titles that have already released expansions on other platforms.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
InfiniteNine said:
I think his friends list is full by now Wario!

But don't I take up a slot if my friends request goes through? He hasn't denied it yet (there's still hope!)

And I know he signed on. He synced his trophies and I saw SOCOM 4 on there dated on May.

Averon

okenny said:
The sad thing is that people kept saying that PSN users would soon forget after PSN is restored. What really shocked me was just how soon and the lowness of the bar for being in a restored state that many PSN customers would be accustomed to. The service not being fully restored anywhere and their third largest territory (their own backyard for goodness sakes) not being online phases few. Listen to some and we live in a world where even mentioning these facts are considered trolling.

Persecution Complex?.... More like Stupidity Complex.

Why are you so surprised? Gamers in general have proven time and time again that, as consumers, they're one of if not the biggest class of suckers out there. Repeatedly buying broken hardware, buying overpriced DLC in droves, paying for matchmaking, etc....

legend166

How long do we have to download the free stuff?

I won't be able to touch my PS3 for a month starting this Friday. I don't want to get rorted out of my free stuff.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
legend166 said:

I won't be able to touch my PS3 for a month starting this Friday. I don't want to get rorted out of my free stuff.
Apparently we have a month starting from the restoration of the store.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Averon said:
Why are you so surprised? Gamers in general have proven time and time again that, as consumers, they're one of if not the biggest class of suckers out there. Repeatedly buying broken hardware, buying overpriced DLC in droves, paying for matchmaking, etc....
Works for GameCrush...

okenny

Banned
Averon said:

Do you see what you did there? Not sure how people calling a troll because they're angry for not getting the service they brought hardware for has to do with your own personal views and agenda with the games industry but... yeah, sure, why not.

It seems that no one really cares about being treated right anymore. All that's left are pages and pages of people making sure they can reference the fuck-ups of others as some sort of justification for the sad state of affairs.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Ken Masters said:
So the store launch is now June? Didn't they promise everything up by end of may?

what m akes you think that, there will be 2 store updates a week for two weeks to catchup

the chris

twinturbo2 said:
I hope the store is up today, I have my Mortal Kombat Online Pass to redeem...
You can play online without the pass before the store is up, once the store is up though you will need to redeem your code.

styl3s

KoruptData said:
Account info - service list - playstation plus
Thanks! looks like i did get the 60 days! incredibly happy since my PSN+ expired 3 days after psn shut down and i had 0 way of renewing, now i have an extra 2 months to scrounge up some extra cash and just pay a year.

fernoca

Yeah, they started depositing it on May 20. So I guess that confirms it is coming this week at least in the US. But in the threads I posted about it (Welcome Back ,May 24 date), died after I posted it.. :p

fernoca said:
Hmm, seems things might be back this Tuesday.
Checking the Qriocity website, seems they're already depositing PS Plus subscriptions.

Mine was a 3-Month subscription I purchased in February 2nd, that was going to expire on May 5th.

But according to Qriocity and the same PS3 (Services List) an extra 3-months subscription was just purchased on May 20, extending it till July 18. Since current Plus subscription were getting an extra 60-days (2 months) guess they just rounded the 25-ish days it was down and added an extra month.

i8Pmd.png

m8AKV.png

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
legend166 said:

The free stuff will be available for a month. I know how you're feeling though. I'm about to pack up my PS3 and I won't be able to get to it until July once I do. I'm holding out on boxing it up for as long as I can but unless my schedule changes I can only wait about another week.

Kunan

Mik2121 said:
This is such a joke...

It's already Monday (7:30PM so I guess no luck today), it's been a week or over a week since the US and EU got their PSN up, and we in Asia (JP here) still don't have it...
I can't even connect to my other accounts (US and EU). Can't get my Portal 2 copy for PC because I need the stupid PSN to do that, and I won't even bother buying games like Brink because I want it just for the online.

So yeah, fuck Sony. I still stick to them because of the first party titles like LBP and Uncharted, and because the online community over here is mostly PS3 users, but otherwise...
Yea I'm getting really upset here waiting with absolutely jack info. Hopefully China goes up soon, but I imagine its just going to be waiting for the Japanese relaunch. It would be really upsetting if the store went up for everyone else, and we were still stuck here with no information or even a timeline.

Susurrus

Tiduz said:
i really need the store to come back, theres around 200gb i have to redl cause i have a new ps3

cmonnnnnnnnn

this. old 60gb ps3 died and need to redownload on my sony replacement........

I can't decide whether it's a ridiculous suggestion that Sony would just bring the store back without announcing it (because it's hardly going to be good for business), or whether they're quite likely to do that because their bandwidth is gonna get destroyed with all those free games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Has there been maintenance news that aren't global? Since hopefully that news affects all PSN and not just EU.

Miggytronz

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:00 on Tuesday 24 May 2011 until 00:01 on Wednesday 25 May 2011, GMT.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration.
In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00 on Tuesday 24 May 2011.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

If you have any questions about this down time, feel free to visit the official PlayStation Forums at community.eu.playstation.com where you can post your query and a member of the Community Team will get back to you.

For the latest maintenance updates, visit the PlayStation Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com, keep an eye on our Facebook page at facebook.com/SonyPlayStation and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PLAYSTATIONEU

qouted from the link above.

mclem

Do we actually know what's up on Plus at the moment, anyway? I assume we're going to straddle two months' worth of deals, right?

biocat

I think I'm reaching the limit of my patience with PSN Japan. Every time my PS3 fails to sign-in it's like a dagger in my eye.

onken

biocat said:
I think I'm reaching the limit of my patience with PSN Japan. Every time my PS3 fails to sign-in it's like a dagger in my eye.

Probably will come up 23:55 on May 31st. Bastards.

Varion

biocat said:
I reached that stage last week when I couldn't download Gungnir after being hyped for months about it. Just can't bring myself to waste any more energy on this whole mess at this point, Sony Japan in particular has handled the whole thing appallingly.

Also I like how they wait until the day people are convinced the store's going up before crushing everyone's hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom