• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
snap0212 said:
I don't understand why people seem to be happy about the announcement that everything is going to be up by the end of the week. I see it more like "Well, next deadline missed".

People need their fix I guess.
They'll take it up the ass then say thank you when you pull out =)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
snap0212 said:
I don't understand why people seem to be happy about the announcement that everything is going to be up by the end of the week.

Perhaps because it indicates that everything will be up by the end of the week.

snap0212 said:
I don't understand why people seem to be happy about the announcement that everything is going to be up by the end of the week. I see it more like "Well, next deadline missed".

I'm too busy to worry about when a videogame store comes back online?

snap0212

krypt0nian said:
You make it sound like the only thing that's not available is the possibility to buy games. That's not true. You cannot access a service you've paid for, you cannot re-download games you've already paid for, you cannot activate the online part of a product you've already paid for and you cannot activate (DLC) content that you've already paid for.

KAL2006

Banned
Damn, so they fucked up on their promise of end of the month and now are saying end of the week. FUCK Sony, I want my free inFamous download.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
krypt0nian said:

Well, I just replaced my old PS3 to a slim PS3, data transfer failed and all my PSN games are gone. So I can't even redownload them at the time being. Pretty frustrating.

snap0212 said:
You make it sound like the only thing that's not available is the possibility to buy games. That's not true. You cannot access a service you've paid for, you cannot re-download games you've already paid for, you cannot activate the online part of a product you've already paid for and you cannot activate (DLC) content that you've already paid for.

You asked a question and I answered it. YMMV.

ace3skoot

I got excited the store was back because COD:BLOPS had a patch, which was advertising the new map pack(well old if you have a 360 :p) saying download now.

I was all like wow yay...NO!

=(

edit:

although now i think about its probably a pretty good sign it will be back very soon

snap0212

krypt0nian said:
You asked a question and I answered it. YMMV.
Well, you answered the question as someone who only sees the PSN Store as a place to buy games and nothing else. I wasn't sure if you just did not know about anything else the PSN Store is needed for or if you just chose to ignore these things.

BeeDog

snap0212 said:

Or people currently don't have the need to do any of the things you listed, like me. Unless my PS3 breaks down, the PSN Store isn't missed by me (except for some code redemptions that aren't very critical to me). I fully understand why people are bothered by the lack of the PSN Store (and it's an embarrassing situation all in all), but people like you also need to understand that not everyone feels the need to waste energy pondering about the downtime of the store, or yelling loudly on an Internet forum.

Erudite

Wario64 said:
Well, I just replaced my old PS3 to a slim PS3, data transfer failed and all my PSN games are gone. So I can't even redownload them at the time being. Pretty frustrating.
Yeah, pretty ridiculous how poor the backup utility is. My girlfriend has been getting a little impatient we haven't been able to play Tetris lately, the co-op mode that is. So stupid how the backup was like ~60gb, yet all it managed to transfer was my saves, which I could've done in less than the 4 hours it took to complete the backup process, and yet not even all of my saves were transferred. Lost my 50 hour NG+ Demon's Souls character in the process.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Wario64 said:

same here, old ps3 died and im out of all my content now.
very frustrating.

krypt0nian said:

I think most of us are pretty busy these days but this is my hobby and I want to play a couple of games that I cant, so yea.

ShogunX

Can't believe this shit is still going on. Re-bought a couple of older games that I would like to try the DLC for like Uncharted 2 and the store is still down WTF? I hope those new threats the hackers are posting turn out to be hollow because this is getting a bit stupid.

RobbieNick

"PSN online service will be up in a week. NO, WAIT! Two weeks with the PSN Store up no later than May 31st. NO, WAIT! Days after May 31st. NO, WAIT!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RobbieNick said:
"PSN online service will be up in a week. NO, WAIT! Two weeks with the PSN Store up no later than May 31st. NO, WAIT! Days after May 31st. NO, WAIT!"

Gimme just a few more days!

Shogun PaiN said:
Can't believe this shit is still going on. Re-bought a couple of older games that I would like to try the DLC for like Uncharted 2 and the store is still down WTF? I hope those new threats the hackers are posting turn out to be hollow because this is getting a bit stupid.
Yeah, I'm desperate to buy that Far Cry 2 DLC. The game's 3 years old and I decide I want it now, lol.

Oh well, it will make it all the more sweeter when the store comes back.

Brannon

So from May 31 Japan to May 31 US to the end of the week...

Oh my.

PBF044ADMovingBirthday.jpg

The Lamp

Sony, you've got until this Friday (when my summer class ends).

The moment I walk out of that final, PSN (store) better be up! Or elseeeeeeeeee!!!!!

snap0212

The Lamp said:
Sony, you've got until this Friday (when my summer class ends).

The moment I walk out of that final, PSN (store) better be up! Or elseeeeeeeeee!!!!!
It'll most likely be up on Friday, yes. EA posted about that a couple of days ago on their Dead Space 2 Facebook page. They said new DLC would be available on Friday (it already is on the Xbox 360). If it's up on Friday it also means that Sony knew the PSN Store was not going to be available by the end of May but chose to not tell their customers anything (most likely because they feared bad press). Now every news is basically just "Fuck Yeah, the Store will be back this week" instead of "Sony misses another deadline".

test_account

XP-39C²
snap0212 said:
It'll most likely be up on Friday, yes. EA posted about that a couple of days ago on their Dead Space 2 Facebook page. They said new DLC would be available on Friday (it already is on the Xbox 360). If it's up on Friday it also means that Sony knew the PSN Store was not going to be available by the end of May but chose to not tell their customers anything (most likely because they feared bad press). Now every news is basically just "Fuck Yeah, the Store will be back this week" instead of "Sony misses another deadline".
Sony said within May 31th pretty early as far as i remember and i cant recall that they gave a deadline (besides within May 31th of course) when the PS Store was going to be up. Unless with "another deadline" you're thinking about deadlines in general and not about the PS Store specifically?

snap0212

test_account said:
Sony said within May 31th pretty early as far as i remember and i cant recall that they gave a deadline (besides within May 31th of course) when the PS Store was going to be up. Unless with "another deadline" you're thinking about deadlines in general and not about the PS Store specifically?
Yes, I mean the other deadlines. :) I think they just thought "how long will it take if everything goes wrong" and they came up with "end of may". I'm sure no one at Sony knew it was really going to take that long to fix everything but I wish they had just said that they weren't going to make it earlier.

test_account

XP-39C²
snap0212 said:
Yes, I mean the other deadlines. :) I think they just thought "how long will it take if everything goes wrong" and they came up with "end of may". I'm sure no one at Sony knew it was really going to take that long to fix everything but I wish they had just said that they weren't going to make it earlier.
Ok, i understand :) Maybe Sony thought they could get PSN up earlier (the online gaming part at least), so they announced it, but then found out later on that it would take longer time that first anticipated. But i dont know.

Hixx

'Welcome back to FIFA 11 Ultimate Team' and Outland links to the Store on the What's New page is just trolling. :(

They're going to keep pushing it off til their E3 conference.

During the conference, Jack Tretton's cell phone will ring for an "unexpected call".

Kevin Butler tears through a curtain behind and runs around like a child proclaiming to Jack, "THE STORE IS UP THE STORE IS UP THE STORE IS UP!!!!!".

Kevin runs away. Jack says, "well that was interesting."

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jetsetfluken said:
Kevin Butler tears through a curtain behind and runs around like a child proclaiming to Jack, "THE STORE IS UP THE STORE IS UP THE STORE IS UP!!!!!".

Kevin runs away. Jack says, "well that was interesting."

five minutes later, the store is back down

hopefully I'll have time to download Super Stardust

Automatisch said:
Being a 360 owner in Japan owned if you weren't caught up about certain things. Games are incredibly cheap and there was usually a great selection in all the places I used to frequent.

Oh yeah I know this all too well. I have saved a ton of money on buying multi-lingual Japanese 360 games for my backlog. I probably wouldn't have been able to experience half the games I've played by now if it weren't for the fact that 360 version games value usually drops like a rock on the used market in Japan.

I own both systems..and a wii. I've been playing my 360 primarily since PSN went down over a month ago. I used to give the PS3/360 fairly equal play time up till then.

I really hope there is no ip screening once the US store starts its welcome back promotion. I really don't want to have to tinker with a VPN just to get my stuff... I already VPN on my PC for Hulu and other region blocked crap. It's hard living as an expat. You can't really enjoy either region's stuff to the fullest.

Clipper

one_kill said:
Were you able to sign in? I've been signing on and off for the last hour, but now I'm not even able to sign in.
The maintenance period isn't finished yet. There was scheduled global maintenance until the end of the current hour.

snap0212 said:
Now every news is basically just "Fuck Yeah, the Store will be back this week" instead of "Sony misses another deadline".
But what is being angry at Sony going to achieve?

Once the store is up, I'll be thinking "fuck yeah", not "fuck you Sony, you took too long".

Wario64 said:
Should have waited till you got PSN + and synch it via the servers.

Hanmik

it would be nice if the shop returns tonight or tomorrow.. because we have a national holiday tomorrow.. so no work for me..

Susurrus

Hanmik said:
that has nothing with Wario64´s situation to do..
He lost more than his gamesaves.. he lost his downloaded games, and he has to redownload them when the store is back up. Gamesaves can easily be transfered with USB-sticks.

so again..?

Was the cloud saves not what was being referred to as sync to servers?

Also, locked saves cannot be transferred to anything but the cloud.

off topic rant about locked saves:
why do locked saves even exist? they're fucking stupid/pointless and any developer who locks these needs to be fired. Especially considering saves are usually linked to a profile anyway.

Hanmik

Susurrus said:
Was the cloud saves not what was being referred to as sync to servers?

Also, locked saves cannot be transferred to anything but the cloud.

this is his original post:

Wario64 said:

this is the answer:

PjotrStroganov said:
Should have waited till you got PSN + and synch it via the servers.

can you see my point now..? no plus synch via servers is ever going to give him his games back..

biocat

Automatisch said:
Being a 360 owner in Japan owned if you weren't caught up about certain things. Games are incredibly cheap and there was usually a great selection in all the places I used to frequent.
Still owns. Bargain prices everywhere on 360 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom