• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanmik said:
this is his original post:

this is the answer:

can you see my point now..? no plus synch via servers is ever going to give him his games back..

I was assuming he was also talking about his savegames. That's why I said he should have waited till PSN is online again. He could have used the sync function without having to do the dodgy transfer thing.

Also, afaik, backing up PSN games to an external drive is also possible. Sucks if you don't have the means but I think the combo of PSN+ sync and backing up to an extra drive is preferable.

biocat

Hanmik said:
it would be nice if the shop returns tonight or tomorrow.. because we have a national holiday tomorrow.. so no work for me..
They've already announced it's coming this weekend to everywhere but Asia. No need to set yourself up for disappointment.

Clipper

Stop It said:
Yes. Quite interesting.

I have to ask the Brits here, though: when it says 16:30 on Wednesday 1 June 2011 until 07:01 on Thursday 2 June 2011, GMT; does that mean 17:30 to 8:01 BST? Literally it should be that, but the fact that none of Europe is currently operating on GMT due to Summer Time makes it quite possible this is just like how the Americans often use PST and EST instead of PDT and EDT, which also makes little sense.

Hanmik

biocat said:
They've already announced it's coming this weekend to everywhere but Asia. No need to set yourself up for disappointment.

not this weekend... they have announced by the end of this week will everything be back.. that is not saying this weekend.. but knowing Sony it probably is Sunday night in the US, and then Europe during E3..

Carl

Clipper said:
Yes. Quite interesting.

I have to ask the Brits here, though: when it says 16:30 on Wednesday 1 June 2011 until 07:01 on Thursday 2 June 2011, GMT; does that mean 17:30 to 8:01 BST? Literally it should be that, but the fact that none of Europe is currently operating on GMT due to Summer Time makes it quite possible this is just like how the Americans often use PST and EST instead of PDT and EDT, which also makes little sense.

Think they just call it GMT even though they mean BST. Not entirely sure.

Hanmik

Carl said:

nope in the latest post by Rabid, he stated that they always (unless expressed differently) use GMT for these announcments..

Clipper

Hanmik said:
nope in the latest post by Rabid, he stated that they always (unless expressed differently) use GMT for these announcments..
OK, well that's fair enough then. It seems strange, given that no country in Europe operates on GMT right now as far as I can see, but at least it's consistent and literally correct.

The reason why I asked the question is several issues I've had with maintaining this table for the conference thread:
e3timesrevised.png

There's been several issues with the names and offsets I've given for the European timezones, but this info thankfully backs up the system I've been using. Perhaps I should add a GMT zone, though...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Carl said:
No, BST is GMT +1 as we're an hour ahead. Only very bad people equate GMT with BST, hopefully Sony isn't one of them.

So 16:30GMT = 17:30 UK BST time.

Edit: Beaten like a kipper.

Carl

Stop It said:
No, BST is GMT +1 as we're an hour ahead. Only very bad people equate GMT with BST, hopefully Sony isn't one of them.

So 16:30GMT = 17:30 UK BST time.

Edit: Beaten like a kipper.

I know what BST is :p

Fair enough, my mistake :)

Clipper

SneakyStephan said:
Wait what, is e3 starting tomorrow? (or is that a schedule from last year)
The schedule is for this year. Konami's pre-E3 show starts on June 2/3. The others won't be until the 6th. The colours represent the date.

RPGCrazied

Wow. They're scrapping by to get this up before E3. I wonder how the crowd will be. You can bet on it Kevin Butler will joke about it. There is at least 5 things for me to download. I wanted this service weeks ago.

F-Pina

We hope it is good pub :)
This images were updated on Tuesday, you can see the date beneath if you go to the XMB marked 31st May.

5787349154_73780b50e6_b.jpg

B-Dex

The fact they are staggering the backed up content is silly to me. If your store was closed and all this new stuff came out, once it was back open it would all be available. You wouldn't just stagger the release of it since all your competitors already have had it available....

Carl

B-Dex said:
The fact they are staggering the backed up content is silly to me. If your store was closed and all this new stuff came out, once it was back open it would all be available. You wouldn't just stagger the release of it since all your competitors already have had it available....

Yeah great idea, bury all the great games so they sell like shit.

Clipper

B-Dex said:
They'll rearrange some of the stuff that is already on 360 to come out earlier. Dropping everything in one huge go would be much more disastrous than the double-timing we'll be getting.

snap0212 said:
Well, you answered the question as someone who only sees the PSN Store as a place to buy games and nothing else. I wasn't sure if you just did not know about anything else the PSN Store is needed for or if you just chose to ignore these things.

And he asked why people were happy the store was going to be back up, and not complaining about the missed deadline. I answered because I'm too busy to care about a videogame store. I wasn't answering for everyone. Feel free to stomp your feet and throw things, if you like. When it's up I'll use it. When it's not, I'll do something else. As I said, YMMD.

B-Dex

Carl said:

They're gonna sell like shit regardless because of no advertising anyways. And I highly doubt there are so many new games and dlc that adding in NEW PS3, NEW PSP. NEW DLC so it isn't a jumbled mess like the store always is, tabs at the top of the store's new release page would be earth shattering and not be able to handle the content.

Used-ID

Carl said:

I hope that you are on the EU side of things. As if you're in the US and think Grace Chen will be updating the US store twice a week you really have gone mad.

She could barely update the US store once a week.

Maybe they'll set some time aside during the E3 presentation to say they've finally fired her.
That alone would make up for PSN being down for so long - at least for me.

Fuzzy said:
I hope NA PS+ gets it discounted like EU PS+ will.

Btw, isn't it true that for non-PS+ members who will get a free month the discounts will apply for May? Because May had Clash of Heroes HD on discount, and that's one of the games I want to buy.

Carl

Used-ID said:
I hope that you are on the EU side of things. As if you're in the US and think Grace Chen will be updating the US store twice a week you really have gone mad.

She could barely update the US store once a week.

Maybe they'll set some time aside during the E3 presentation to say they've finally fired her.
That alone would make up for PSN being down for so long - at least for me.

Yeah don't worry, Ross is my king ;)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Castor Krieg said:
Btw, isn't it true that for non-PS+ members who will get a free month the discounts will apply for May? Because May had Clash of Heroes HD on discount, and that's one of the games I want to buy.
You guys will get whatever is available during your 30-day free trial.

Used-ID

Carl said:
Yeah don't worry, Ross is my king ;)

I feel envy towards you.

I say if it the store isn't up Thursday it won't be up until Tuesday. My reasoning is that Friday everyone in Sony that can make a 'turn it on' decision will not be at work on Friday as they will have left to go partake in the E3 festivities. It won't happen on Monday because Grace Chen can barely get her shit together by Tuesday in non-stress times.

Good god I must be drinking the kool-aide too. Next Wednesday due to Grace Chen's awesome management skillz - at the earliest.
Sony fires Grace Chen on Tuesday, Wednesday we get someone competent and the store updates at a set time in NA from here on out.

Erudite

nYGLL.jpg

Page 2 is just more legal babble.

Finally. I can download my old games, and start spending the free PSN monies I got a few days after PSN went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom