• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO2.. (Phantasy Star Online 2) is real!

ShadiWulf

Oh shi-

So I’m watching Sega’s TGS live stream which currently is just playing trailers for their upcoming games while no press conference is going on. I was just happily playing it in the background as I catch up on some work while minding my own business.

Suddenly I head something that fills me with nostalgia and fond memories. Pioneer 2, Spread Needles, Rappys and beautiful Caves 3 come flooding back; It’s the main (vocal) theme of the original Phantasy Star Online! What the?

I quickly Alt-Tab to the stream and what do I see? Phantasy Star Online, the original, what is this? Then it shows PSOv2 and proceeds to go though each game in order of release right up to the very newest announced game, Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity. I’m excited about the game so I continued watching but that wasn’t all. Right at the end… My mind was blown.

Phantasy Star Online 2
Release: 2011
Known system: PC

[More info as it comes]

http://www.segabits.com/?p=4309

Trailer:
http://www.segabits.com/?p=4330

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PC?

PC!?

SMH Sega for not putting PSO 1 on XBLA/PSN with free online play, at least. :|

Edit: That said, good for PSO fans for getting PSO2 I guess. PS0 didn't do anything for me and PSU/PSP gets kinda old. :/

Foffy

Banned
Awwwwh yeah, PSO was the first game I ever bought for its online component.

I hope Sega doesn't turn it into something like PSU, though..

V_Ben

Banned
PSO2.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Played the shit of out the GCN version, so I'm fearful of spending too much time on this, but also excited to wither away in front of it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was in love with the Dreamcast version. It's been so long, but I am very interested in a new one. It will be interesting to see what platforms this will be on.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Thoughts optimistic considering that they're using "Online" rather than "Universe".

Reserving judgment until we see the trailer, but this could be awesome!

ShadiWulf

Anomarad said:
Guess we missed it already?

I wonder if they'll change the player cap. Can't wait to start building new MAGs... :D
Yes, it's a live stream.

Hopefully they put the trailer up on their site soon like they have done with other games.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Nostalgia nuts dwelling on the past forcing Segac to go back to crappier game mechanics & features instead of pushing forward with cool new stuffs = Phantasy Star Ø. I'm not getting hyped up for this until its proven they didn't nuke awesome stuff the U/P series brought.

As much as I want to get excited about this, the Sega of today is far worse than the Sega of ten years ago that made the original Phantasy Star Online.

Sloegr

geebee said:
Holy shit! Amazing news but sad that I have to buy a new PC now. Maybe there will be a console port..?

I'd be surprised if it isn't ported to consoles given the popularity of PC gaming in Japan. I'd even be surprised if the game wasn't designed with console gaming in mind.

That said, if it is coming to PC, it's great news. Even with Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 on the way, I'd be happy to loot-whore my way through PSO 2.

Top Bottom