• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 3000 street date broken (so's the screen, lol)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Did a search, didn't see anything. Mock if old

Went to Best Buy today to pick up a new Nano for my wife and lo and behold:

33c7wcp.jpg

2lj5d3p.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality. Asked the associate about it, he told me "Oh yeah, they do come out next week," then walked away. I'm still contemplating on whether I should go back and pick one up. The silver looks really nice.

RBH

Looks hot.

Thankfully, I didn't get a PSP-2000, so maybe I can just upgrade my original PSP and get the 3000.

No45

Is that silver different to the standard 2000 silver? I have that from the Daxter pack, as it was by far the best deal out there, and to be honest it looks cheap. I'd take black over that any day.

Firewire

Banned
No45 said:
Is that silver different to the standard 2000 silver? I have that from the Daxter pack, as it was by far the best deal out there, and to be honest it looks cheap. I'd take black over that any day.

wha? my slim in silver is teh sexy!

madmook

These ones only come with a 1 gig mem stick, right? And the one with the 4 gig stick comes out in November?

Firewire said:
wha? my slim in silver is teh sexy!

I have to agree. I bought the slim silver on launch day and I'm still super happy with it and it's color. Black just looks like all the rest of them.

Metalmurphy said:
The new screen alone is worth it.

I don't think so, to me it's not the jump from DSPhat to DSlite or PSPFat to PSPSlim. I'm happy I bought my slim when I did and don't feel like I'm missing out on the 3000.

GQman2121

Banned
I just want the system, not all the extra shit inflating the price. Call me when they start selling it by it's self.

I'm kind of tempted as I never picked up a slim, but I'll just go ahead and assume Sony have fixed the Pandora exploit on this new model, right?

Anyone who gets their hands on a 3000, I would love to hear some additional impressions.

I bought mine off of Amazon earlier this week. Since I'm a videophile and sensitive to ghosting, I figured the upgrade over the slim would be worth it. Add that to the fact that all PSP games might be going digital in 2009, and I was willing to give up my homebrew. Plus, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the 3000 is hacked, and then I'll have my 333mhz back. (Unless Sony gives me that too.)
Please.

PSYGN

Yeah, I've read about this on another forum.

I still have my old fatty, and will be 100% interested in this PSP 3000 when it becomes homebrewable. I just want to see how much of an improvement the screen makes when it comes to GTA: LCS. That game had horrible ghosting.

Dyno

QUESTION: Can PSP 3000 use Skype? If so can it easily and efficiently but used as a phone or would it be difficult and janky to pull it off?

Thank you for your input.

No45

So I'm alone on the silver being tacky then? :p

Onix said:
So I suppose I should run out and get a Slim before they're gone (homebrew)?
Good point - is it confirmed that the 3000 is secure? I don't think I could go back to carrying my UMDs around. :(

Dyno said:
QUESTION: Can PSP 3000 use Skype? If so can it easily and efficiently but used as a phone or would it be difficult and janky to pull it off?

Thank you for your input.
That's basically what the in-built microphone is for. :)

Paznos said:
I'm glad I did get the madden bundle :D

If i did that then I would have 2 slims. I loved the blue color though. But if they are suddenly discounted, then maybe. What the hell would I do with 3 PSP's though, lolz.:D

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah....I've been leaning towards posting my Silver slim in the buy/sell/trade thread since this model was annouced, but I really don't want to buy another bundle, since I don't need any of that shit.

Chris_C

BlazingDarkness said:
why is it in a cage?
serious question

Ratchet's been a bad boy.

EDIT: My launch PSP still functions great, but I might end up getting one. I just hope they don't introduce a 4000 model next year.

ayrkain

No45 said:
Good point - is it confirmed that the 3000 is secure? I don't think I could go back to carrying my UMDs around. :(

Not all current slims are CFW-able. Some TA-88's (v3) block the exploit. So buying a Slim right now isn't necessarily a great idea either.

ataboada

I'm really interested in buying this, because I don't own a PSP. But many people here are saying I shouldn't. What are some pros and cons?

Top Bottom