• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 3k and go price drop confirmed for Europe

mehdi_san

According to French website gameblog.fr, SCEE just announced new price drops for both the PSP 3000 and the PSP go:

PSP 3000:
down from 169 euros to 119 euros for the standalone​
down from 189 euros to 139 euros for bundles​
PSP go:
down from 250 euros to 179 euros, still with 10 free games to download from PSN.​
These prices are said to be only applicable from October 27th to December 31st 2010.

I hope SCEA and SCEJ will also announce price drops for the US and Japan soon.

Source: http://www.gameblog.fr/news_18541_psp-baisses-de-prix-annoncees-en-france

Takao

Banned
Not a bad idea for a price cut in North America. I can see them selling a bunch of the Invizimals, and God of War bundles at those price points.

V_Ben

Banned
that Go price is quite a bit better. SCEE showing SCEA how price cuts should be done. Heck, I might grab a cheap 3000 if the UK gets a similar price cut.

Asparagus

Just over £100 for the non bundle version isn't too bad, I've been wanting to pick up a new PSP now that Falcom games are getting English releases. Just not sure about that screen :/

Styles

Diablohead said:
How long ago? return it you get a while to do so by law i'm sure.

Today was a week since I've bought it, so I won't be able to return it. Though I think Modnation Racers more than make up for the future price cut.

Asparagus said:
Just over £100 for the non bundle version isn't too bad, I've been wanting to pick up a new PSP now that Falcom games are getting English releases. Just not sure about that screen :/

I got my 2000 bundle for £90 a while ago, and they can go for less unbundled. Keep an eye on hotukdeals.com

The PSP Go doesn't cost 249 Euros anywhere here in Germany. 150-180 Euros has been the price in almost every store for about 8-10 month now.

hylje

Now I'm really getting tempted to get one. Mostly because I wan't to get those PS classics on the road!

carlosp

Banned
Benjamin1981 said:
The PSP Go doesn't cost 249 Euros anywhere here in Germany. 150-180 Euros has been the price in almost every store for about 8-10 month now.

the white one was for 125€ yesterday at saturn.

snap0212

Sony should have released the PSPgo at that price and when they are already thinking about pricing. Fix the damn prices of games on the PS Store! Only idiots or people who have no alternative buy the (new) games there. They're overpriced. I can buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 and MGS: Peace Walker for the money they ask for one of those games on the PSN. And I can re-sell them, lend them to a friend, etc. If they were getting the pricing of the games right, I'd re-buy a PSPgo right now. :/

edit: And add the feature to use multiple accounts on one system.

Polk

Benjamin1981 said:
It costs in Poland. Sometimes you can get it for 220 Euros when they're on sale at MediaMarkt/Saturn.

Xater

mr_nothin said:
Just a TAD too late IMO

The price for the 3000 should have dropped last year. I don't know what kind of impact this will have. Maybe it is just the last moneygrab before the 3DS comes out...

Arnie

I'll wait for the PSP2 thanks. That's the problem with these price drops, they're still quite steep when you consider what you're buying may become archaic within a year. I'd love to play Peace Walker though.

How much does the DS cost these days.

Even though price is not an indication value off course, it always surprises me a bit that a technologically more advanced product like the PSP has a lower price than the DS.

Elios83

Actually these are great prices, probably they should have made this move a year earlier but still I can see sales being boosted significantly.
A Go at 179€ with 10 games it's really nice, too bad for the limited software catalogue....Kingdom Hearts......emmmm.... :/

Asparagus

Graphics Horse said:
I got my 2000 bundle for £90 a while ago, and they can go for less unbundled. Keep an eye on hotukdeals.com
Hmm, that's pretty good, surely all current stock is 3000 only now though?

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Wonder what the UK price will be on the 3000?

£99.99?

lets see it (the 3000) hit 99.99 in the US, and maybe I'll pick it up.

PSP games are ripe for picking in the bargain bin, so for 200 dollars I can start off with a healthy collection and pick up new games as I find them.

Drop the price on the software while you're at it Sony. Dumbest thing about when consoles get extremely cheap is that the games look comparatively overpriced.

pricecollapse2.jpg

Machado said:
Where's the list of downloadable games for the go? any link plz?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_PSP_games

PSP GO will be an absolute steal after retailer discounts. I picked mine up for ~£130 with the 10 free games about 6 months ago, should be easy to get even better deals now (they vanished once the 10 free game deal was actually publicised).

Asparagus said:

PSP Go is the only unit with a defect free screen I'm afraid.

snap0212 said:
Sony should have released the PSPgo at that price and when they are already thinking about pricing. Fix the damn prices of games on the PS Store! Only idiots or people who have no alternative buy the (new) games there. They're overpriced. I can buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 and MGS: Peace Walker for the money they ask for one of those games on the PSN. And I can re-sell them, lend them to a friend, etc. If they were getting the pricing of the games right, I'd re-buy a PSPgo right now. :/
Well, I buy the games on PSN new, and I don`t consider myself an idiot. Of course, with a family of five, all of whom own a PSP, when I buy a game on PSN all five of us can play it at the same time! That doesn't work so well with a UMD; you should see the kids bickering about who gets to play KH:BBS right now... :lol

bot - if the price comes down in NA I'll probably pick up another GO and another 3000 for the collection. We've still got a NiB 1000 I grabbed when EB were blowing them out at $100 when the 2000 was introduced. I figure it might be worth something (to someone other than me) in forty years... :lol

snap0212

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Well, I buy the games on PSN new, and I don`t consider myself an idiot. Of course, with a family of five, all of whom own a PSP, when I buy a game on PSN all five of us can play it at the same time! That doesn't work so well with a UMD; you should see the kids bickering about who gets to play KH:BBS right now... :lol
Nah, you're one of the people who have no alternative since you want to have it on more than one system at the same time. :p

Lagspike_exe said:
So, Sony sold PSP Gos at $225 with retailers selling them for $250. Very interesting.

It was said long that the 250 price tag was to cater to retailers getting a nice cut due to it being DD only.

too bad KH is still not on it and using "the claw" control scheme for MH looks difficult :(

MrPliskin

Banned
snap0212 said:

edit: And add the feature to use multiple accounts on one system.
Sony has little impact on those prices, at least as long as they still want a retail presence.

Top Bottom