• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE DOLLARS :lol

This has been proven true.

Video of the beast:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdN0Vh2duk&hd=1

3.8" screen
43% lighter than previous version
16 Gig memory
Bluetooth support
No UMD
Memory slot for extra memory capacity VIA MicroSD
Downloads games and movies
Out this FALL
NEW METAL GEAR SOLID, JAK, LBP, GT FOR PSP!!
psp_go_vs_psp_iphone.jpg

Wii Will Rock U said:
:O

This thread is the holy grail of GAF. We've gotten:

PSP Go!
PS3 Slim
Gran Turismo
New Metal Gear Portable Ops (AKA the Kojima project)

All confirmed, right here.

Dear lord, this is the mother of all leaks. All we need now are the first screens of Starhawk and the first video of LBP PSP.

EDIT: Fuck, LBP PSP video in that Youtube vid. Dear lord.

$h@d0w said:

Linkzg said:
2ro5a9u.jpg

another angle that shows off the shoulder button and how thin it is. Quality ain't too good because my camera is old.

Linkzg said:
2ir3z2g.jpg

another pic (again, excuse the quality) showing the wifi switch and I think the volume buttons.

btw, 2 more bits of info that I didn't see picked up:

-PSP Go is considered the "premium" product
-Releasing in Fall this year
-Push for smaller, download only games
-Gran Turismo PSP most likely launch title

the segment ends with saying they're about to play Gran Turismo against each other.

user friendly said:
More:

nwbse9.jpg

wclmxs.jpg

6fs9yd.jpg

156alhl.jpg

Find it odd that they decided to put this one up:
25ovwjo.jpg

o50xw9.jpg

It's growing on me. Still don't like the start select placement/look. Looks awesome while closed, shame it wasn't touch screen.

Thank you Wollan for the pic:
15qrsq1.jpg

Price determines my purchase, it looks hott.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Teetris said:
One analog?

:lol :lol
it's not a new PSP, it's a redesign. Do not expect another analogue stick, you will be disappointed ;)

LCfiner

I hope that's fake. looks way too ugly to be real. sony is better at industrial design than that.

plus, that analog nub is in the worst damn location

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Dripping bucket, more like bottom torn out of the bucket, amirite?

Teetris said:
One analog?

:lol :lol

This is a PSP. They're not going to fuck over existing owners on controls. It's not like the controls can be sold seperately for cheap to let everyone upgrade (ala Dualshock), they're an integrated part of the product.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Rez said:
it's not a new PSP, it's a redesign. Do not expect another analogue stick, you will be disappointed ;)
Oh, nvm then. Didn't keep up with the news that it was a redesign.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Looks horrendous, and having controls right at the bottom of the device means this would be horrid to use for more than 5 minutes.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
They wouldn't be that stupid.
Would they?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Also, shows LBP..which is probably the likely game to be used to demo the unit. Not that it means it's REAL, but it's an observant touch if someone was faking this.

Raistlin

That better not be real.

While it 'looks' okay, the balance would be horrible. No way the analog is even usable.

Squeak

MUCH better than the original PSP or any of the iterations since.
But the placement of the analog stick?! Why even bother putting it on there?
It gives me cramps just looking at it.
But if it's cheap and has some nice launch titles (the current PSP lib. does nothing for me, apart from Locoroco), then sure, I'll give it a GO.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
cjelly said:
Looks horrendous, and having controls right at the bottom of the device means this would be horrid to use for more than 5 minutes.

I don't see that control placement being problematic. Your hand is gripping the top of the back half of the device, not the top of the screen-half (with the stretching of your thumbs that would be required in that scenario).

um... i'm really able to download the June Qore episode though..

downloading right now..

wow the person responsible for this mistake is gonna get fired!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
First impression - looks much uglier than the original PSP. Second impression - how on earth am I going to use that analog nub. Will it even be possible to hold the handheld firmly enough while having the thumb on the analog?

Other than that - if it has an OLED screen I'll buy it. Form factor is much better than the original PSP even though it's uglier.

*edit* Yeah, I guess Gofreak is right, your index fingers will be holding the top of the device anyways, so it maybe doesn't matter that analog is were it is.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks terrible, if real.

The outside ridges, the weird metal-finish bevels around the buttons, the screen bevel, the d-pad buttons, the analog placement.

Yikes.

LCfiner

I think if this was a real leak, there would be at least ONE image of someone using the unit with the touchscreen, right? Show it in use in "closed" mode

right now it's just shown as an uglier PSP with no new added functionality.

acm2000

looks ugly and uncomfortable, like other sony hardware before it, so its obviously real, and the nub is STILL in a retarded position.. jesus

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
nicholasphan said:
um... i'm really able to download the June Qore episode though..

downloading right now..

wow the person responsible for this mistake is gonna get fired!

lol? for reals?

*turns on ps3*

Top Bottom