• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go? 249.99!!!!

We are gonna lower the price of the PSP...

*IGNexcited.jpg*

...tool kits

*IGNdisappointed.jpg*

PSPGo for $249.99

*IGNleaves.jpg*

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
199 would have been much better....

psp 2000+8gb stick ftw

nyprimus2

They've pretty much had the same hardware since 2003. Sony is sending themselves to the graveyard. I'm still probably going to pick it up but no way the masses are as interested in a PSP for $80 more then DSi. Sony just fucked themselves with this one.

Nintendo gives them a perfect opportunity by releasing the DSi at $170, and they counter by...producing a new version of the PSP at a significantly higher price. Oh Sony, never change. :lol

Acid08

Banned
How is it too much? It was the same price as the PSP was at launch but now it has 16GB's of built in memory.

mrWalrus

Banned
Jaruru said:
not upgrading.

it's not an upgrade anyway..

If they included a tilt and a touch screen. You got me.. but this atrocity?
This will be the last time we see Kaz on stage at E3.

Even my wife laughed at that price point. Sheesh, $250 is too much.

Sad, because I assumed the lack of a UMD drive would help keep the price down.

VAIL

Acid08 said:
How is it too much? It was the same price as the PSP was at launch but now it has 16GB's of built in memory.

16gb is CHEAP in mass quantity, they should have had it include 32gb but they need to push that memory stick market too.

Eteric Rice

Acid08 said:

And now it's the same hardware.

With smaller no touch screen, even though it screams touch screen (especially these days). Also, no UMD drive, which is understandable, but I'm not going to pay $250 if I can't play physical versions of the original games.

Also, 16 gigs isn't that much these days. It's pretty cheap.

vazel

Banned
They have to give the retail chains a nice profit margin.

Edit: Haha what is it with you people and touch screens.

Acid08 said:

In this day and age, any handheld without touchscreen should not cost anywhere close to $250 unless the storage is > 100GB

Acid08

Banned
VAIL said:
16gb is CHEAP in mass quantity, they should have had it include 32gb but they need to push that memory stick market too.
Can you imagine the R&D costs on this thing? Sony has to make their money back somewhere, and the PS3 isn't the device doing that.

Ferrio

Banned
Am I the only one who says "FUCK TOUCHSCREENS" can't believe some of you are upset at that. I mean okay the price, but you want a touchscreen FUUUUCK

nli10

$250 and you can't use any of your existing UMDs?

Waiting for battery life stats before deciding whether this is for me.

steadfast

Retail chains never get more than 1 or 2% ever on hardware - this is not Sony being nice to the stores, this is Sony being overly cocky... again.

Top Bottom