• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go UK Price revealed? ( £229.99 / $366.12 )

The gaming blogs VG247 and Pocket Gamer have noticed that the British Gaming Retail Giants have listed their preorder prices for the PSP Go, and its an incredible £230.

pspgo1.jpg

pspgo2.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/Console/~r342217/Sony-PSP-Go-Black-Console/?s=psp go

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/Console/~r416534/SonyPSPGOBlackConsole/

Sony, I already have a second job, and I'm sorry but I can't really manage a third.

pswii60

It can't be, that's rediculous. Can get a 32Gb iPod Touch for that! I know they're different, but still.

Has been mentioned several times in the US dollar price topic, but yeah I guess it needs a bit more attention. Especially with the £ back up to around 1.61, this price is pretty fucking ridiculous considering the original PSP launched at £179. I don't think you get to release beyond that with a hardware iteration years later?

batbeg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

They're doing this because we're probably good little Sony bitches, but just like with my 1000, I'll get it from the USA when I want it.

Dragnet

I'm admit that I'm a Sony fanboy and I'll let most stuff pass, but £230? Fuck off Sony.

Seriously, fuck off.

pswii60

Only explanation is some uber-secret megaton feature that we don't know about :eek:

Otherwise this pricing is just baffling!
Cruzader said:
Can someone tell me what the minimum wage in the UK is? just curious.

That price is insane.
£5.80/hour by the time this is released. And one could argue that this is particularly suited to the student demographic who will be on less than that (£4.80/hour min wage) with a part time job. And one could also argue that they're more likely to opt for a free/cheap iPhone with a mobile contract instead.

jrricky

Banned
WOW, SONY, WOW!!!!

And people complained about DSi's reveal price when it added a lot more than what sony is giving the PSP GO...

Someone correct me if Im wrong, what are the new features that sony added to the PSPGO?

Wollan

Wait, didn't they say the PSP Go would launch at the price equal to the original PSP launch price? I'm pretty sure Tretton said that on stage.

That would be £179.99. Maybe the shops are just guestimating at this point?

pswii60

Wollan said:
Wait, didn't they say the PSP Go would launch at the price equal to the original PSP launch price? I'm pretty sure Tretton said that on stage.

They'll probably argue some shit about exchange rates or something.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That would be a pretty stupid thing to do if true. Slowly with all the negative snippets I'm reading here and there I'm starting to wonder would they release the thing, or better yet what type of consumer is dumb enough to bite.

That's a rhetoric.

Wollan said:

Maybe he was just talking about the US?

I have no idea who will buy this. It's what, roughly £100 more than the 3000?

Man. That's a crazy price (if it turns out that way). Same price as a 360 Elite and only £70 off a PS3 (and those two can be found much cheaper than RRP or with lots of bundled stuff). Even £180 is a little too much I think, I'd go with £150 to go head to head with DSi. I'll pick one up whenever it falls to £150, doesn't offer enough to upgrade over my current PSP at any more than that (for now).

Burai

shitonmychest57
jrricky said:
WOW, SONY, WOW!!!!

And people complained about DSi's reveal price when it added a lot more than what sony is giving the PSP GO...

Someone correct me if Im wrong, what are the new features that sony added to the PSPGO?
You can't trade your games in any more and it has Bluetooth.

Well worth the extra! :lol

billy.sea

Banned
Just like Pachter is saying, Sony is clearly ripping people off on the PSPgo.
The UMD drive in the original machine is much more expensive to make then throw in a 16 gig of memory in the GO. Everything on the GO is also smaller meaning the parts will be cheaper. On top of that, they don't have to worry about piracy and no need to work with retail which gives them even more profit.

Instead of lowering the price, they decided to jack the price so much higher.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
:lol

There is nothing you can do but laugh really. That price point is damn insane!

Maybe companies want to get as much money as they can out of it, as they cannot sell games to the PSP Go owners.

Dragnet

Kapsama said:
You guys had your chance to join the Euro instead of keeping your own little currency. :)

Little? ;)

Pound Sterling > all!

Back on topic, Sony are fucking high if they think this is going to sell.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
billy.sea said:
Just like Pachter is saying, Sony is clearly ripping people off on the PSPgo.
The UMD drive in the original machine is much more expensive to make then throw in a 16 gig of memory in the GO. Everything on the GO is also smaller meaning the parts will be cheaper. On top of that, they don't have to worry about piracy and no need to work with retail which gives them even more profit.

Instead of lowering the price, they decided to jack the price so much higher.

As has been said many times they are probably jacking the price up so the retailers get more profit on each unit so they have incentive to sell them.

FFChris

Guess we have a new 599 DOLLARS for the UK, 229 POUNDS!

It won't sell at this price, what a joke. I doubt the price is correct.

Dead Man

Holy shit if true. I don't want to think about what the price will be here in Australia, land of the $1000 PS3. Oh well, I guess it means it's easy to figure out which one to buy. 3000 for me, apparently.

Wollan

Wollan said:

Joe211 said:
Well that's game price you don't know if it's really the official price. Do you?

The price was 179.99£ one week ago.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226305
FFChris said:
I doubt the price is correct.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to wait for an official confirmation of the price. I'm willing to bite at £180, no higher than that though really.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
radioheadrule83 said:
*waits for equally hilarious Euro-zone price*

the euro price was already announced to be 250 euro?

and sadly £229 isn't far off 250 euro. I'd expect it to sneak in under £200 - so £199, but the fucked up exchange rate makes £179 unlikely

Top Bottom