• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go UK Price revealed? ( £229.99 / $366.12 )

-viper-

Banned
nib95 said:
W.T.F....

I was actually considering getting one of these. But at that price? Ha! Good luck. It's going to have to drop in price fairly substantially before I jump on board. Here I was thinking it'd be around £150 to £170.
Seriously. £230 for a fucking PSP. I'd rather just buy the PSP 3000 at £110.

KZObsessed

PSP Go has me concerned about what they're going to price the PS3 Slim. Seriously £230 for PSP Go is laughable. PS3 Slim for £425 confirmed. :lol ;_;

BorkBork said:
Thanks for putting that into perspective. That's just some wacky pricing.

You could easily pick up a slim PSP and an Xbox 360 Arcade for the same price as a PSP Go. Makes perfect sense.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Two hundred and thirty f**king quid in the UK. Sony shitting on us once again.... I really don't understand why some of you are Sony fanboys unless you like taking it up the arse year on year...

And before any of you retarded Sonybots start. I paid £425 for my launch PS3 and and queued until midnight to get arse raped. For fuck sake...

"UK Indie Retailers Downbeat On PSP Go":

http://www.edge-online.com/news/uk-indie-retailers-downbeat-on-psp-go

“It seems really high, especially the way PSP’s going at the moment,” he said. “The models they’ve got out now are struggling at basically £129, pretty much [the] cost price, which we’re putting them out at, and they’re not selling through at that. We’re trying to do some bundles just to push them through and the PSP just seems to have died as a format really… Nothing sells at the minute on PSP.”

Sony had a really good opportunity to level the playing field if they released a umd-less model that matched the DS price. £230 is just crazy.

samratty

Wow. I thought Nintendo were taking the piss with DSi price in the UK... But this is some next level shit from Sony. 230 pounds, they're kidding.

Companies won't raise prices in the UK for existing products
I pretty sure Nintendo did with the Wii, iirc.

Burai

shitonmychest57
samratty said:
I pretty sure Nintendo did with the Wii, iirc.

Yeah, but retailers have swallowed the price rise.

If anything, Wii has actually gotten cheaper in the UK as supply has more than caught up with demand.

gcubed

doicare said:
Yes i know all of that, and that's why i stated i hadn't included tax for the u.s. The uk numbers include vat which is the equivalent of tax, so no the comparison isn't useless at all.

no, its still useless, because nowhere in the US is tax anywhere even remotely close to VAT, coupled with the fact that most places you can order it online with no tax, something GB cant do, so... back to the drawing board.

spwolf

broadwayrock said:
Sony had a really good opportunity to level the playing field if they released a umd-less model that matched the DS price. £230 is just crazy.

Sony priced PSP Go! way too high in UK, thats true... I would expect price at 180 GBP at most, which would be competitive (vs Ipod Touch). I am sure retailers will discount it down to 200 GBP quite soon but still it makes me wonder if they think they will sell many in Europe (probably not).

Stink

It looks like it's priced to be quickly pricedropped and suddenly seem like a deal.

I wouldn't be slightly interested until £150 at the most.

Tailzo

Stink said:
It looks like it's priced to be quickly pricedropped and suddenly seem like a deal.

I wouldn't be slightly interested until £150 at the most.
Why would they do that? To squeeze out extra money of early adopters, and kill off any hype for the device in those early months, only to anger those who got ripped off and drop the price with atleast 50£?

spwolf said:
Sony priced PSP Go! way too high in UK, thats true... I would expect price at 180 GBP at most, which would be competitive (vs Ipod Touch). I am sure retailers will discount it down to 200 GBP quite soon but still it makes me wonder if they think they will sell many in Europe (probably not).

That's a good point, if the majority of the price rise comes as a result of a larger retail margin, this would give retaillers a lot of leeway to drop the price.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I wonder how much retailers/distributors pay for a PSPGo (compared to a PSP slim). That would be interesting info.

Stink

Tailzo said:
Why would they do that? To squeeze out extra money of early adopters, and kill off any hype for the device in those early months, only to anger those who got ripped off and drop the price with atleast 50£?

Two reasons. Firstly, to maintain the impression that it's an luxury piece of kit, but also to keep the price higher than what people might otherwise think is ok.

Tailzo said:

They did it with the PS3.............

°°ToMmY°° said:
ps3 costed to produce much more than 600 dollars.

BS did it cost them more than £425 when it launched in the UK, by that point they'd already removed the emotion engine and the pound was riding high at nearly $2 to the pound. No wway was it costing them $850 to manufacture at that point, no way.

spwolf

brain_stew said:
BS did it cost them more than £425 when it launched in the UK, by that point they'd already removed the emotion engine and the pound was riding high at nearly $2 to the pound. No wway was it costing them $850 to manufacture at that point, no way.

yeah, except for taxes and retailer margins. :D

spwolf

TTP said:
I wonder how much retailers/distributors pay for a PSPGo (compared to a PSP slim). That would be interesting info.

We will see it in their discounts for sure, just like some retailers discount PSP 3000 in Europe.

Brannon

If we can spread the word to everyone we know that everybody should not buy the Go at its current price, it'll drop to a more reasonable price like everything else.

This is hoping for far too much, of course, but imagine if it could work...

brain_stew said:

the rumored price was 800 dollars (we don't have hard facts so we have to use this), add taxes, shipping, retailer cuts and you can see that from 425 pounds sony got much less.

350 pounds? only 75 pounds for retailers, shipping and taxes is a bit optimistic and that brings it at 700 dollars, 100 less than what sony costed to produce it (per rumor).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
°°ToMmY°° said:
the rumored price was 800 dollars (we don't have hard facts so we have to use this), add taxes, shipping, retailer cuts and you can see that from 425 pounds sony got much less.

350 pounds? only 75 pounds for retailers, shipping and taxes is a bit optimistic and that brings it at 700 dollars, 100 less than what sony costed to produce it (per rumor).

The point still remains that the UK gets the shaft once again. $600 vs $850. It's a huge mark up and you're an idiot to justify it...

Cruzader

Banned
after messing with my friends iphone, i cant believe sony didnt just released psp2 w/touch screen. im not sure if i want day1 pspgo anymore.

Top Bottom