• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

Jinko

For Windows 7 users they can just F8 at start up and turn off the driver confirmation, make sure you are installing the x64 diver of course.

This worked or me anyway.

Schrade

Jinko said:
For Windows 7 users they can just F8 at start up and turn off the driver confirmation, make sure you are installing the x64 diver of course.

This worked or me anyway.
Yeah but I think you have to F8 whenever you boot your system up and turn off driver signature checking in order for those drivers to work.

There's a workaround for this though:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

SOLDIER

Well I want to give this yet another shot, but I always come to the same problem: Device Manager lists the PSP as a Win32 device (when I'm in fact on Windows 7 64 bit), with an ! icon next to the PSP name.

I've been using this link here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2uqignhm3ag

And following the instructions to click the "Create and install certificate" file.

But it won't work for me. Help!

yurinka

dfyb said:
i heard you could use dualshock 3 with this. is there any input lag when doing this?

edit: it seems the OP link for the PSP plugin and win drivers is dead. anyone have mirror?

I used both the dual shock 3 and my PS3 Hori arcade stick HRAP3 with this App and they work perfectly.

Would be cool to see Sony doing this in a PS3 instead in a PC.

It wouldn't require an emulation, there would be 100% compatibile, and unlike using PSP's TVOut it would be possible to use the superior PS3 controllers and rescale the games to FullHD.

Vinlaen

Does that WinUSB driver work with RemoteJoyLite?

It seems to be made for USB "Type C" where-as I think RemoteJoyLite needs Type B?

Minamu

Is 0.19 still the best version to use? Does this work with UMD titles as well and not just iso/cso? Some GAFers will probably be coming here when Peace Walker gets released so some updates on how to get all this working as smoothly as possible on newer OS's will probably be much appreciated :D

Momo

Banned
Minamu said:
Is 0.19 still the best version to use? Does this work with UMD titles as well and not just iso/cso? Some GAFers will probably be coming here when Peace Walker gets released so some updates on how to get all this working as smoothly as possible on newer OS's will probably be much appreciated :D
I'm one of those who's trying to get this to work on my big screen, but then again, I haven't even got Metal Gear to work yet, I'm still on m33 :lol

B.K.

What settings are all of you using to get it to look so good on full screen mode? When I have it on full screen, it's really pixelated.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DarknessTear said:
Is there a version of RemoteJoyLite that works on GEN?
I'm using 0.19 on a GEN-D3 and I haven't had any major issues.

B.K. said:
What settings are all of you using to get it to look so good on full screen mode? When I have it on full screen, it's really pixelated.
I think it just depends on the game. Full blown 3D games tend to look like ass blown up while 2D games tend to look great.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
DieH@rd said:
Yes, a pretty awesome homebrew for psp [and a PC gui program] that transfers PSP screen on pc with nice upscaler. You can also play games with any PC controller.

perfect video, no fps drops

Hello Die hard. Got a few questions:

1)Can more than one PC controller be mapped to the PSP functions via this program? In other words, can I map the X-axis on my steering wheel to the psp analog nob, and then map the Z-axis from my pedals to one of the psp buttons like "X"?

2)How well do PC analog controller inputs translate to the PSP analog nob? Does the remote joy plugin allow you to adjust the sensitivity and range of motion from your analog device to the analog nob? In other words, can I emulate the psp analog nob with my wheel without it feeling too twitchy?

3)Can you do me a favor and please try Ridge Racer using Remote Joy and tell me how it looks on your PC screen or TV? How pixelated is the image? Or is it not too bad?

onken

Wow how the fuck did I not know about this? Was just playing Peace Walker on a non-tiny screen with a DS3, it's like a different (better) game.

Did notice a teeny bit of input lag though, any way to eliminate this or am I asking for too much?

isamu said:
Hello Die hard. Got a few questions:

1)Can more than one PC controller be mapped to the PSP functions via this program? In other words, can I map the X-axis on my steering wheel to the psp analog nob, and then map the Z-axis from my pedals to one of the psp buttons like "X"?

2)How well do PC analog controller inputs translate to the PSP analog nob? Does the remote joy plugin allow you to adjust the sensitivity and range of motion from your analog device to the analog nob? In other words, can I emulate the psp analog nob with my wheel without it feeling too twitchy?

tried this with my g25 and gt

the wheel and pedals work but i could only map the analog stick, square and x, any other buttons and i had no control over the accelerator. i also had to make adjustments in the logitech profiler to iron out the twitchy input.

the game is perfectly drivable with the wheel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-5K2limJk

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wax Free Vanilla said:
wow the game is much better with a wheel.

with a little more tweaking i smashed 3.2 seconds off my lap record at suzuka :D

:bow remotejoy :bow

serious? Wow I need to try Ridge Raser with this. Too bad my psp is not hacked :/

Oh there's no rumble from the PSP so that's also a bummer :/

Zapages

what version of the PSP are you guys using? Do you guys think PSP 1000 will be enough for this and how powerful of a PC do you guys recommend for this?

All I hope to play is some PSP games through PSP on my HDTV using my six-axis controller. :)

Skilletor

I can't seem to get this to work. It's not asking me to asking to install a new driver on my psp.

I'm on Windows 7. Is there a good tutorial for this anywhere?

isamu

I finally got this working, but man the framerate in Ridge Racers 2 is awful, and not the same 60fps I get on the real PSP. I have a 1001 phat. Is there some sort of filter plugin or something that can make the game run at its native 60fps framerate all the time? The graphics also are quite frankly butt ugly when blown up on my 110" front projection screen. Any graphical plugin filters or whatever to make things look better?

So I'm trying to play Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, but it hangs and shuts off any time the screen changes. Doesn't do that outside of remotejoy, but my PSP is crap and freezes even if I move slightly, so I'd rather play it while it's stationary. Other games work fine with it though. Using 0.19 lite. Anyone got any ideas? Should I just ask in the LoH OT?

Two questions:

1. Is there any way to improve PQ, the shots in this thread are definitely better than my results. Text looks pixelated on mine where it looks smooth and nice on some of these shots. I have a lot of black crush as well.

2. Any way to charge while playing, what if I enable USB charge in the VSH menu or whatever?

Top Bottom