• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

DieH@rd

Banned
PSP homebrew rocks! New english version of PSP Remote Joy was released today, and with it you can play [or capture screens and videos] your PSP games on PC [via USB cable].

v 0.15 [win drivers + psp plugin + GUI]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2J75AWKR
For vista - you have to disable driver verification. Go to CMDPROMPT type: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS & restart
For vista sp1 - hold f8 while booting, and chose no driver verification

GUI update to v 0.19
http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/RemoteJoyLite_019.zip
[english exe incuded, new features changelog @ post #233]

[edit]

spindoc said:
But it is fixed, on the PSP Slim. Chandoog's experiences are on his PSP1000.

There's also fullscreen under D3D8, easily configurable gamepad controls, video recording, no additional USB prxes to include, no uSBHost to run (self contained within the executable), no need for PSPLink, no annoying sequence of events to follow to ensure functionality. You don't need to run *anything* alongside it, we're talking a clean setup that doesn't have you juggling 3 or 4 windows while you try to get it working.

Its moved on very well, and its most definitely worth posting about back then and with the latest improvements, now.

few tips:
- use ISO images, CSO are buggy
- PSP Slim has better compatibility with games
- set 333mhz in Recovery mode
- USB ISO loader will not work while RemoteJoy is active.
- for games that block on save/load screen, use F5 to pause video streaming [its a must for phat psp]

by Alcahest
IMG_1026.jpg

spindoc said:
Some ingame shots on my screen, excuse the quality, I don't really know how to use a camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

XMB shot
050920082229.jpg

will update...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Even though it's somewhat hypocritical for me to state this.. but isn't the point of "Portable" in PSP supposed to be just that?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
this plugin sucks donkey balls ..

all the games i've tried on it(god of war, prince of persia revelations, tales of world) crash whenever i try to save or load.

in fact, god of war seemed to crash every few seconds regardless, here's a few pics i managed to take with it running on full screen before it crashed .

gowCOO-1.jpg

gowCOO-2.jpg

speedpop said:
Even though it's somewhat hypocritical for me to state this.. but isn't the point of "Portable" in PSP supposed to be just that?
Yes, but since you can't record any video of your games on your PSP... now you can. That's the best feature of this plug-in, IMO.

speedpop said:

If games that you want to play are being released on a portable system, what are you going to do? Even if you hardly travel.

Kuran

Banned
speedpop said:

This device is a tool that can be used to capture game footage, for example.

chandoog said:
this plugin sucks donkey balls ..

all the games i've tried on it(god of war, prince of persia revelations, tales of world) crash whenever i try to save or load.

Are you trying it on a Slim? My results were the same when I used my old PSP, but it works great with my Slim.

speedpop

Look out, the justification police are out.

Nibelung Valesti said:
Yes, but since you can't record any video of your games on your PSP... now you can. That's the best feature of this plug-in, IMO.
Why would you want to record your gameplay experiences for unless you were part of a gaming website or such? To show off how well you did in Ridge Racer 2?

PjotrStroganov said:
If games that you want to play are being released on a portable system, what are you going to do? Even if you hardly travel.
What the fuck?

adamsapple

Kuran said:
Are you trying it on a Slim? My results were the same when I used my old PSP, but it works great with my Slim.

i have a phat 1004 model, does it work fine on a slim ?

can you post links to the latest version that you are using, i'll see if that one is more stable for me.

That's pretty old actually. I used to use it alot with my PC connected to my HDTV so I'd be playing PSP on my HDTV ^^

But for some reason it stopped working after some firmware update.

Kyoufu

speedpop said:
Look out, the justification police are out.

Why would you want to record your gameplay experiences for unless you were part of a gaming website or such? To show off how well you did in Ridge Racer 2?

Ever heard of youtube? People like to upload gameplay movies.

We did it back when GAF was playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2, its great to record stuff like that.

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work properly with certain games - specifically DJ Max Portable 2 - the ONLY reason I wanted to try out remotejoy. Playing it on my HDTV would have rocked. Too bad there's also severe lag too.

adamsapple

We did it back when GAF was playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2, its great to record stuff like that.

and some people just like taking snaps and such of good moments in games just for fun too >_>

yeoz

Nibelung Valesti said:
You could always record video off a psp slim. It has video out, and there are video-capture cards out there can that cap component 480p. Sure it's not cheap, but, hey.

speedpop

Kyoufu said:
Ever heard of youtube? People like to upload gameplay movies.

For what purpose!? For what reasoning!?

TELL ME!!

speedpop

What are you blathering about transit for? 90% of my handheld gaming time is done in bed before I go to sleep every night. Doesn't mean I love both my PSP and DS to death.

speedpop said:
Because I like to record my battles in Tales games, maybe? .-.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
speedpop said:
What are you blathering about transit for? 90% of my handheld gaming time is done in bed before I go to sleep every night. Doesn't mean I love both my PSP and DS to death.

Then what are you going on about here:

speedpop said:

?

speedpop

Nexus Zero said:
I see you're being a dick on purpose. I play my PSP at my desk during lunch, now I can play on a bigger screen. Tada.
I hate this statement the most. It's time to get a reality check and realise that other people may prefer to play games on a smaller screen with a slightly higher res due to it because of the factors behind portable gaming. Playing Suikoden II, Chrono Cross and FFVII on my PSP in bed is shitting all over you right now. Yeah I could do it on a laptop using emulation in the same environment, but I prefer the beauty on the PSP.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Then what are you going on about here:
Because it's the truth. I'm a huge advocate of the notion that handheld gaming does not mean "portable gaming" i.e. playing on the public transport etc, I am being hypocritical because I am stating that the word "Portable" means just that. PCs take awhile to move around and setup again, so why bother with them when you can just merely throw a game on your PSP and hit the lounge or hit the bed and play to your hearts content? That was the entire argument in the the first place.

speedpop said:
I hate this statement the most. It's time to get a reality check and realise that other people may prefer to play games on a smaller screen with a slightly higher res due to it because of the factors behind portable gaming. Playing Suikoden II, Chrono Cross and FFVII on my PSP in bed is shitting all over you right now. Yeah I could do it on a laptop using emulation in the same environment, but I prefer the beauty on the PSP.

Because it's the truth. I'm a huge advocate of the notion that handheld gaming does not mean "portable gaming" i.e. playing on the public transport etc, I am being hypocritical because I am stating that the word "Portable" means just that. PCs take awhile to move around and setup again, so why bother with them when you can just merely throw a game on your PSP and hit the lounge or hit the bed and play to your hearts content? That was the entire argument in the the first place.

Either you are just doing this on purpose or are one ignorant guy, either way, you just cancelled yourself out there. Stop fucking up the thread by going totally OT.

I may try this Remote Joy thing because I still want full screen PSP on my TV, but last time I tried it had problems.

Oldschoolgamer

speedpop said:

Nobody even insulted anyone who plays the games on just the handhelds. Besides, stuff like this has existed since the SNES. People have been playing handheld games on the tv for a long time now. It's hardly new and it doesn't mean that they don't play on the portable or hate the "portable" aspect of it.

Are you looking for a fight where one doesn't exist?

You kinda contradicted yourself there. Some people like choice, so, this is just another option for them.

Laptops are portable too. :p

speedpop

Shrug. Choice is up to yours as to how you want to play your gameplay antics. My main point was the entire portable aspect - I don't plan on playing my PSP through my PC and I cannot find a reason as to why other people would either.

speedpop said:
Shrug. Choice is up to yours as to how you want to play your gameplay antics. My main point was the entire portable aspect - I don't plan on playing my PSP through my PC and I cannot find a reason as to why other people would either.

The screen is tiny. I'd rather play it on my HDTV. Also, some people like to watch others play videogames, and now you won't have someone mouth breathing over your shoulder.

androvsky

speedpop said:
I don't plan on playing my PSP through my PC and I cannot find a reason as to why other people would either.

I hate this statement the most. It's time to get a reality check and realise that other people may prefer to play games on a larger screen.

Kuran

Banned
speedpop said:

This is a tool. It has its purpose. Look at the hardcore Monster Hunter fanbase, they now have the ability to 'easily' record their LEGENDARY hunts and put it on youtube.

I don't see why you're arguing here.. obviously this is not for everybody. Even so, youtube-upload functionality is the next big thing... people definately want this functionality, remember Halo 3?

DieH@rd

Banned
androvsky said:
I hate this statement the most. It's time to get a reality check and realise that other people may prefer to play games on a larger screen.

Big screen, wireless controler & sound transfered to speakers. :D

Is there any compatibility list for this homebrew? Can someone post list of unplayabe/playable games?

speedpop

androvsky said:
Short of sight?

TheExodu5

Banned
speedpop said:

So you're just an ignorant troll.

I think I speak for everyone else in this thread when I say: GTFO.

HoTHiTTeR

Kuran said:
This is a tool. It has its purpose. Look at the hardcore Monster Hunter fanbase, they now have the ability to 'easily' record their LEGENDARY hunts and put it on youtube.

I don't see why you're arguing here.. obviously this is not for everybody. Even so, youtube-upload functionality is the next big thing... people definately want this functionality, remember Halo 3?

This is also a badass way for Mingol/Hot Shots players to get their saved/recorded shots off their psp :D

Kuran

Banned
Can someone please provide me with a link to the latest version?

There is nothing worse then the PSP custom plugin/homebrew hierarchy on the web, you have all these fishy sites that are re-hosting older versions with no external links.. its impossible to find the sites of authors these days.

speedpop said:
How can I be an ignorant troll when I play the fucking PSP every day?

Just drop it...

CPS2

Here's a justification - is this the first mod that allows you to use arcade sticks in all the awesome fighting games on PSP? The only other way I can think of doing it, it to take apart the PSP and start soldering :lol

Also there's varying degrees of portability. It's much easier to carry an arcade stick + PSP to a friend's house, than an arcade stick + console + game. You might even be able to connect steering wheels for racing games and dance mats for dj max portable or something??

DieH@rd

Banned
Kuran said:
Can someone please provide me with a link to the latest version?

There is nothing worse then the PSP custom plugin/homebrew hierarchy on the web, you have all these fishy sites that are re-hosting older versions with no external links.. its impossible to find the sites of authors these days.

Just drop it...

http://www.fileden.com/files/5938/RemoteJoyLiteEng.zip
win drivers + psp plugin + GUI

for vista you have to disable driver verification:
go to CMDPROMPT type: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
& restart

for vista sp1, hold f8 while booting, and chose no driver verification

Mamesj

Banned
Looks cool, but I think I'll wait for a later version...something that can add some kind of smoothing, maybe? PSP games just look pretty bad when they're blown up.

speedpop said:
How can I be an ignorant troll when I play the fucking PSP every day?

god, what the fuck is your problem...maybe ignorant isn't the right word. How about retarded?

NolbertoS

I agree with Speedpop and am going for his camp, why the hell would anybody want to play the PSP on a PC or big screen, that what' consoles are there for, while the PS "Portable" appeals to gamers who only have time to game during a subway ride to work or on the go, like myself. I'm sure it's great for some people, but the people who prefer to play teh PSP on the PC are in the minority.

Mamesj

Banned
NolbertoS said:
I agree with Speedpop and am going for his camp, why the hell would anybody want to play the PSP on a PC or big screen, that what' consoles are there for, while the PS "Portable" appeals to gamers who only have time to game during a subway ride to work or on the go, like myself. I'm sure it's great for some people, but the people who prefer to play teh PSP on the PC are in the minority.

Yeah, I only play my PSP when I'm on the bus, sitting in the third seat to the left in the back row, while wearing a t-shirt, at 8:34 in the morning on my way to class and with the volume setting only 4 notches high. I can't understand how anyone else could play it any other way!! It just makes no sense that anybody would want to experience it differently from the exact way that I play it.

NolbertoS

Mamesj said:
Yeah, I only play my PSP when I'm on the bus, sitting in the third seat to the left in the back row, while wearing a t-shirt, at 8:34 in the morning on my way to class and with the volume setting only 4 notches high. I can't understand how anyone else could play it any other way!! It just makes no sense that anybody would want to experience it differently from the exact way that I play it.

I don't know how it works in your city, but honestly, I see tons of people on the bus and subway pulling out there DS, and PSP while on the way to work or school. Don't know what you're trying to prove with your sarcasm, but that's why portable gaming systems were created, not to playing on a PC, TV, etc, but to play on a small screen on the go.

Oldschoolgamer

NolbertoS said:
I don't know how it works in your city, but honestly, I see tons of people on the bus and subway pulling out there DS, and PSP while on the way to work or school. Don't know what you're trying to prove with your sarcasm, but that's why portable gaming systems were created, not to playing on a PC, TV, etc, but to play on a small screen on the go.

It's obvious he was bored when he started it. Why are you continuing a nonexistent argument? There are no camps involved with anything.

Besides, even nintendo made something official for people that like to play games on their tv, even if they are portable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9KmeQYrDM8 Edit: So again...hardly new. It's just sony hasn't released something official.

It's a dumb "argument" all around.

Edit Edit: Some people buy games because they are good, and not just because of the system they are on. So, they might not like the hardware, but, put up with it because the software is nice. Again, options aren't a bad thing.

LAHCYM

Neo Member
DieH@rd said:
050920082229.jpg

Too bad, there is no 16*9 support in fullscreen mode. Picture is little stretched on PC montor.

Yes there is, go to the settings screen, click the Etc tab, and then check "Keep aspect ratio."

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
dabookerman said:
Um, my PSP doesn't load up when i enable to plug ins. Is there some compat issue?

Disable the VSH version for now, see if you can get it working ingame. What kind of memory stick are you using, what concurrent plugins do you have running in vsh etc, do you have a slim or an old psp are helpful in figuring out the prob.

Top Bottom