• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVITA Firmware 3.50 - Coming March 26

Shinriji

Releasing together with Yukimura

Changelog

●PlayStation™Network
「PSN℠」will be renamed to「PlayStation™Network」

●PS4 Link
Remote play will have a high quality setting (60FPS)。

●Video
Scene search added
1080p videos supported, with fast-forward up to 1.5x

●Map
PS Vita map applicattion will be removed

●near
All funcions that used the "map" will be removed

●Others
Acessibility options will be added。
Playstation Network: Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PSVITA, .
[PlayStation™Network]>[Sub-account upgrade]> removing restrictions on chat and user media and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet and purchase content。

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/update/

Oh nice! 60 FPS for remote play! and 1080p for videos (the screen resolution will hamper this though).

RIP near. We hardly know ye.

koopas

Sigh. Near had a lot of potential that a few updates and tweaks could of really refined it into something great. Looks like they're making it even worse now ..

My heart jumped a beat when I saw user accounts mentioned. Thought we're finally getting multiple account support for a second there.

Apdiddy

For trophy hunters who have been trying to earn the Street Smart trophies in Smart As, this is awful news.

Plus, it will make Uncharted: Golden Abyss slightly harder (luckily you can earn the bounties in game now).

Well now I just have to figure out why my 30fps Remote Play has audio-cutouts, no matter if I use direct-connect or go over my router. I guess I really have to LAN my PS4 :/

I really hope the 60FPS remote play will work smoothly without too many hiccups, at least with a direct connection. That would be a megaton

hwy_61

Banned
Sony should figure out a way to make the DS4 compatible with the Vita. That would make remote play amazing.

anddo0

With all these location based removals this reads more like a downgrade.
It's nice that we're getting 60fps remote play though. I'm looking forward to that for sure.

Impossiburu

Neo Member
Hmm, are we sure it'll be 60fps? It just says we can set the "smoothness" of Remote Play in the source link. Am I missing something?

The Remote Play 60fps is blowing my mind, I remember when it was unquestioned gospel that the PS4/Vita couldn't handle 60fps remote play.

Cornbread78

60fps remote play...
If I had a crying in joy gif at hand I'd use it right now.

This will work, right?

fist-pump.gif

I can't imagine how 60fps remote play will work on Vita considering the wifi chip... But we'll see. I hope they improve the overall codec.

Well, I guess its good that Sony is still supporting the Vita. Granted its removing features and improving remote play (if you have an amazing WiFi connection according to the PS.Blog article on the PS4 2.5 update). The only thing NEAR was good for was randomly sending friend invites. If they are removing that, why not add in the friend features that are in PS4 and being added in 2.5?

*sigh* I wish they would support the system with more games. I understand, different scales and such, but you have a lot of small Japanese developers pumping out titles, why cant Sony? Imagepooch (sp?) latest title cost $2m and Dragon's Crown from Vanillaware cost roughly $1m as examples. Sony doesnt need to spend $10m on a title when they can fund multiple titles for that same $10m thus hedging bets. Hell, work with more 3rd parties. I wouldnt mind a Puzzles and Dragons V (like Z but for Vita) or hell a Monster Strikers story driven Vita game. But no, they hardly acknowledge its existence. I mean they forgot Oresheika launched when they initially put up the blog post. It also amazes me that Sony doesn't put a Vita and game advertisement in the What's New? section on the PS4 as they have a captive 20m+ audience. Ah well...

Griss

Goodbye Near. In almost two years of Vita ownership I never had a fucking rashers what you were about or how to use you properly. What a sad, strange little app you were.

Sir TapTap

Do we know anything about the "accessibility options"? Vita getting remapping like PS4? Even if it's just for remoteplay that'd be great.

Goodbye Near. In almost two years of Vita ownership I never had a fucking rashers what you were about or how to use you properly. What a sad, strange little app you were.

It's not even gone, just the actual on map stuff. It's still weird and not useful though. I'm glad it's used less than streetpass at least. I've gotten 4 streetpasses in my life, not counting when on trips. 3 were the same guy. I stopped bothering after a few months of taking the 3DS to work.

Top Bottom