• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR 2 could really use this

Skyfox

Glasses wearers would not have to wear their glasses while using PSVR 2 if a dial to increase or decrease the distance between the lens and the VR screen were added.

Some headsets have this and it makes a massive difference in comfort for those of us with glasses.

I've tweeted this to Playstation but my tweet literally has 0 views. There's still time to make a critical change here. Anyone got "an uncle" at Sony :D? Or some internet clout?

/Gauge is low but tries a summon
EviLore EviLore

Skyfox

To clarify (haha), this would adjust the focus.

Wearing glasses with a VR headset on top is uncomfortable.

With Gear VR for example when you move a dial on the headset you can adjust this so you don't have to wear glasses. It's awesome. PSVR doesn't let you do this so you have to have two things sitting on your face which gets tiring.

PSVR 2 should totally include this!

ZoukGalaxy

Oh yeah, I will give my soul for this, no glasses ! 💖😻💖
Meanwhile I use sometimes disposable lenses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

chixdiggit

I always just put my contacts in but have heard good things about ordering prescription VR lenses that attach to the headset by magnet. Bunch of companies make these and I'm sure will also be available for PSVR2.
tv1f5e9.jpg

SRI07Di.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Glasses wearers would not have to wear their glasses while using PSVR 2 if a dial to increase or decrease the distance between the lens and the VR screen were added.

Some headsets have this and it makes a massive difference in comfort for those of us with glasses.

I've tweeted this to Playstation but my tweet literally has 0 views. There's still time to make a critical change here. Anyone got "an uncle" at Sony :D? Or some internet clout?

/Gauge is low but tries a summon
EviLore EviLore
yeah this was exactly the case with oculus dk1 back in 2013. It just had 3 sets of lenses each with different distance to the screen

Traxtech

So annoying having the pressure applied to your face by the headset pushing up against your glasses :( this would be incredible.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I thought there was talk about this having a focus dial, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

I'm a bit nearsighted, but not enough to make VR stuff all that blurry at the typical ~2m fixed focus current headsets have, so I just play without glasses instead of bothering with spacers and shit. But I would definitely appreciate a focus dial.

I hate fixed focus btw, makes it impossible to read stuff too close to you etc. Makes it feel like your eyes are broken. Shouldn't eye tracking make dynamic focus theoretically possible? Would be awesome.

Last edited:

nowhat

Wearing glasses with a VR headset on top is uncomfortable.
I haven't worn a PSVR 2 (for obvious reasons), but I was perfectly comfortable wearing glasses with PSVR when I borrowed it from a friend. Unlike other VR headsets I've tried, which really don't allow for glasses (and that means I see fuck all).

My issue is astigmatism (my vision is quite fine otherwise), and I don't see how lens adjustment would correct this.

Kilau

I wonder how PSVR 2 will work for me. I’ve always been near sighted but now I need reading glasses. Just pathetic my eyes.

Top Bottom