• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR + Camera + 2 Moves + VR Worlds pre-order bundle announced - $499

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/18/playstation-vr-launch-bundle-pre-orders-start-tuesday/

It’s been an exciting week for PS VR, but we still have more news to share. Starting at 7:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, March 22nd, pre-orders will open for the PlayStation VR Launch Bundle at participating retailers.

Exclusively for pre-sale and in limited quantities, this bundle will include:

• All contents of the PS VR core bundle:
    PS VR headset
    PS VR cables
    Stereo Headphones
    PlayStation VR Demo Disc
  • PlayStation Camera
  • 2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (disc)

At $499.99, this bundle provides an unbeatable value for those of you looking to get right into VR gaming with your PlayStation 4. Since we’re including one of our top PS VR launch games, PlayStation VR Worlds, we know you’ll have a great experience right out of the box. This bundle will also be available in Canada for $699.99 CAD.
If you miss out on this wave of pre-orders, fear not – we’ll have another wave in the summer.

The core PS VR bundle, which has a suggested retail price of $399.99 USD / $549.99 CAD, is not available for pre-order. OP Note: Please read edit at bottom on this.

25870702715_107d48e633_z.jpg

(High-Res)

Edit:

Some people are freaking out at the lack of pre-orders for the base unit because of the weird wording in the blog. If you go here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/e...g:game:playstation_vr_post-gdc_update:3_18_16 which is linked on the blog then you'll see this -

"Pre-orders coming soon."

And from the PSVR bundle info page here https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ex...-vr/pre-order/

Pre-orders for just the PlayStation®VR headset are not available at the moment, but you can sign up below to receive up-to-date information on PlayStation®VR.Pre-orders for just the PlayStation®VR headset are not available at the moment, but you can sign up below to receive up-to-date information on PlayStation®VR.

So while the base unit isn't available on Tuesday for pre-order you'd assume at some point it will be. Hope that clears things up.

Sony give me a job.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I'm glad i didn't rush to buy the cam and controllers... sucks for those who already have these items.

Hasney

So the headset is coming out on launch day if I'm reading that right, but no pre-orders? Fuck me, I thought Sony NA was doing it right by having a proper pre order plan in place rather than the "fuck it, do what you like" of the EU pre-orders, but I'm so goddamn glad I've got my order in for just the headset.

FelipeMGM

The core bundlle its not available for pre-order right now. The thing doesnt come out until October, Im sure you will be able to pre order it at some poijnt.

Boke1879

They need to sell the core headset by itself. I have the camera already and can get the controller for cheap.

If they plan on putting just the headset in stores without preorder I fear it'll be very limited stock

Quonny

That could be a poorly worded "On Tuesday, when this bundle goes up, the core bundle will not go up at the same time".

You guys really don't think you'll be able to preorder the core bundle at all? Get real.

What the fuck Sony , every country got to pre order the core unit alone

This isn't the 90s we can see and read what other countries get/buy
So dumb :/

Is PS VR worlds meant to be a retail disc? I know it's not included in the "headset only" package, but not sure what the price would be at retail. Maybe 30 bucks?

A lot of people went and bought the PS Camera ahead of time assuming there would be a standalone headset - AS THEY ANNOUNCED.

They better make good on preorders for that at some point.

eFKac

Hmm so looks like the Navigator won't be used in VR at all.

Shame as it seems these are old Move controllers as well. We could use an updated version with Share and Options buttons as well as a micro USB connector.
Maybe they still have some remaining stock.

GameSeeker

Dear Sony,

That's a nice PSVR bundle, good move.

However, it's completely dumb not to allow pre-orders of just the PSVR headset. I have my money waiting on a pre-order. It you don't allow it, it will just get spent somewhere else. I'm not buying a bundle when I already own the camera and move controllers.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh dear.

First people complain at Sony for not being open about needing a camera to get a headline price, but surely not actually being able to buy the headset at the announced price is worse? I suppose it'll be at retail in limited quantities like the 20Gb PS3, and they are hoping preorder madness will force people to preorder this.

But surely they know a large part of the VR early adopter market are already likely to have at least the camera or some moves?

This is a bad error of judgement from SCEA

That could be a poorly worded "On Tuesday, when this bundle goes up, the core bundle will not go up at the same time".

You guys really don't think you'll be able to preorder the core bundle at all? Get real.

I think you will at some point but it's obvious that priority is being given to bundles.

Perfect, for all the folks complaining about the $399 version not including the camera, now you have a different option that not only includes the camera but also 2 move controllers.

Bullshit that the core version won't be available for pre-order. That's just straight up PS2 era Sony.

Sir TapTap

No base version preorders is some BS, I can't wait AND I already have one move and a camera. uhhhg. Well, I'll preorder and try and sell the camera and a Move I guess. Hope the game is good.

That's a pretty great bundle price though. Considering MSRP they could easily be dicks and price that at $550 or $600 and still call it a savings, but as it is it's basically current market price for two moves and the camera and you get a free game.

Speaking of MSRP, how rude was it that Moves were $50?!

Boke1879

But this thing doesn't come out till October. Wouldn't be shocked if we didn't get the option to preorder the standalone headset at some point in the future

Top Bottom