• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR comes with 18 demos in NA. Just 8 in EU.

KORNdoggy

so americas demo "disc" is actually just a bunch of digital demo's you have to download anyway? i can live with that. the same demo's will likely be included on EU's PSN too (if not all of them, most of them) but simply couldn't fit on a the actual demo DISC that it comes on in europe.

EDIT: or are they all on disc in the US but also downloadable aftearwards too?

if i can't try some of those VR games before buying, then i'm afraid i won't be buying them at all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
or maybe, just maybe they haven't localized them all yet

Or maybe this wasnt a serious comment at all - i mean obv. they will have a good reason for not filling up the disc with free demos. I can see why they wouldnt wanna sell VR with a RE7 demo in Germany for example.

mitchman

Gold Member
Sony is undermining the goodwill they got with the Xbox DRM fiasco, one step at the time. No UHD Blu-ray drive in the PS4 Pro, banning of Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods and now this. Is this the old and arrogant PS3-era Sony starting to make its ugly appearance now?

KORNdoggy

Sony is undermining the goodwill they got with the Xbox DRM fiasco, one step at the time. No UHD Blu-ray drive in the PS4 Pro, banning of Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods and now this. Is this the old and arrogant PS3-era Sony starting to make its ugly appearance now?

it's hard to make the claim when their US offerings are still great. this is quite usual for European markets getting the shaft. did you see the price of the pro? in what world does $399 = £349 lol. even with the weak pound it should be closer to £300

it's hard to make the claim when their US offerings are still great. this is quite usual for European markets getting the shaft. did you see the price of the pro? in what world does $399 = £349 lol. even with the weak pound it should be closer to £300
We're actually making a saving.

$399 is £300 as you say. However now add VAT on top and you get to £360.

So it's £10 cheaper.

vollsperrig

Neo Member
Germany is probably the reason.
Assuming Sony wants to produce one demo disc for the whole European market, I couldn't imagine anything with a rating that is over USK 12.

So games like Resi7 and Rush of Blood are probably the reason. I don't know why they left out the other games though.

Probably the only demos that have multiple language options. I can't see any other reason why either Sony or the devs wouldn't put demos on a launch product. That's bigger promotion than being on stage at e3.

novabolt

Well, we deserve it. We open our arms to Sony and their lack of care for Europe before, why should this be any different?

Fisty

Anyone else think they raised the price of PS+ because they're adding 2 VR games a month? Would make sense, and probably also the reason they haven't announced why they upped the price

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else think they raised the price of PS+ because they're adding 2 VR games a month? Would make sense, and probably also the reason they haven't announced why they upped the price

Wouldn't make sense at all really. It would cost Sony loads of money and dissuade publishers from making VR games if it's just for PS+. Plus, at 2 games per month, they'd run out of VR games very quickly.

The price has gone up just because the price has gone up. It happens.

Fisty

Wouldn't make sense at all really. It would cost Sony loads of money and dissuade publishers from making VR games if it's just for PS+. Plus, at 2 games per month, they'd run out of VR games very quickly.

The price has gone up just because the price has gone up. It happens.

Why would it cost them loads of money? It'll be mostly indie/small stuff until the library fleshes out a bit, and I'm sure plenty of devs would be happy with the PS+ payday and exposure. Sure the numbers might be thin at first, but I think there's enough stuff announced right now for launch window for 2 games a month for a couple months, not even taking stuff like EVE, RIGS, and DriveclubVR into consideration

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Update: Asia also getting 18 demos, although a few slightly different ones.

Included: Ace Banana, Mortal Blitz VR and O! My Genesis VR.
Missing : Until Dawn Rush of Blood, Here They Lie and RE7 kitchen demo.

No mention if the Asia exclusive ones will be coming to the Store for download, but I would assume so.

iceatcs

Wish we don't have multi-languages. Hurry up EU, kill all the languages. Bring one standard languages, don't care which one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Better be available on NA PSN pretty quick as Gnog, RE7 Kitchen and Rez are unforgivably missing from the EU one.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Better be available on NA PSN pretty quick as Gnog, RE7 Kitchen and Rez are unforgivably missing from the EU one.

People seem to think that they'll be up day one, but the wording on the blog makes me think they'll come to the PS Store the Tuesday after launch as part of the normal weekly update.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
lmao

c7tk3md.jpg

Ugh this next three months is going to be expensive. Should i put a PSVR on layaway and pay into it (walmart has free layaway), or should i just buy it outright? I might not have enough in my budget to get Gears 4 if i buy it outright...

Not apologizing for it because it seems silly to not have those demos available on the disc, but I'm wondering how much of it is publisher-based. There are a good number of 3rd party demos on the US one, so that seems a likely cause. Maybe some of them don't have official publishers in the EU yet so they can't/won't put the demos out with the system.

That disc though, lol.

warthog

What the fuck, seriously Sony... I have a pre-order since day 1, but my hype has cooled down and this is not helping at all.

Top Bottom