• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR is dead

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
fHxnD.gif
I am a VR/AR developer, LOL. But I am realistic.

Vawn

Banned
PSVR has got like ~315 games, PCVR is around 4,500 in nearly the same span of time.

• PSVR: 0.25 releases per day
  • PCVR: 3.12 releases per day

The fact that your making this argument proves your ignorance about gaming in general.

PC gets TONS more games than consoles in general. So does mobile. The reason is a complete lack of curation. There are zero standards there. Calling most of those as actual games is silly, as the best majority is shovelware at best.

Last edited:
The fact that your making this argument proves your ignorance about gaming in general.

PC gets TONS more games than consoles in general. So does mobile. The reason is a complete of curation. There are zero standards there. Calling most of those as actual games is silly, as the best majority is shovelware at best.
The last thing VR needs right now is people dictating what can and cannot release, what people may or may not want to play, because frankly nobody really knows yet what is the best use case for this hardware or what people really gravitate towards. It's trying to get off the ground right now and it would be better served to let the market lead itself rather than trying to arrogantly dictate it. It's like making VR exclusives which are tied to a specific headset, that's some of the dumbest shit imaginable and only serves to hurt the ecosystem.

Also it's not an ignorant argument, you're just an obtuse person who can't see the forest for the trees. Regardless of what you may think and once the shovelware is thrown out of the equation there is still an obscene amount of more viable games and experiences for people to partake in on PC.

Do you think PSVR is free of shovelware? Not by a long shot, and that's shovelware mixed into a pool of only 300'ish games so your options are even further limited. Do you really think you can actually hold this debate with me? There's no chance for you, give up.

Wonko_C

I'm excited for what PSVR brings to the table next gen to help give VR a new push.. I'd love something like DayZ in VR.. is it VR on PC? or Left for Dead :D
There are VR battle royale games, or are you looking for zombie games, specifically? The only one I know of with coop is Arizona Sunshine, it has both Campaign coop and Horde Mode. Might have to take a look at Killing Floor Incursion too.

There are VR battle royale games, or are you looking for zombie games, specifically? The only one I know of with coop is Arizona Sunshine, it has both Campaign coop and Horde Mode. Might have to take a look at Killing Floor Incursion too.
Would just love something really in depth like DayZ as most games like Arizona are.. lacking, good but lacking.

Last edited:

Imagine a that people are not adopting a expensive piece of equipment in a time when cash and jobs are struggling..

Also why is it that people are so desperate for it to fail? is it so hard for others to accept that something is fun, are they that jealous they do not have something so no one should? these are the kind of people that key sports cars.

For instance this game is probably shite in 2d but in VR it's horrific.. now imagine something like Visage in VR.. it would hugely amplifies the experience, because VR is bloody good at what it does.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've only played Astrobot and Until Dawn Rush of Blood (came in bundle). Both seemed pretty cool but I'm hoping they update any other exclusives for PS5 VR because Resident Evil 7 (free with PS+) looks like total shit with that headset.

Is the thread author seriously applauding having less? I mean, new games or not, VR is dope and having it is certainly better than not having it. I WISH I could have a VR headset for my X1X too.

This time of the generation sure has caused some blatant brain rot.

Bankai

I've only played Astrobot and Until Dawn Rush of Blood (came in bundle). Both seemed pretty cool but I'm hoping they update any other exclusives for PS5 VR because Resident Evil 7 (free with PS+) looks like total shit with that headset.

RE7 was never free with PS plus. Maybe you got it for free as a bundle with your PSVR?

Bankai

Looked in my download list, was “beginning hour” demo I guess

Yeah, that is a unique demo. The Kitchen demo, right? It's not part of the main game and the resolution is REALLY low (though it's really cool and scary nonetheless). Main game is way higher res.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Yeah, that is a unique demo. The Kitchen demo, right? It's not part of the main game and the resolution is REALLY low (though it's really cool and scary nonetheless). Main game is way higher res.

oh, ok. may try it out then. I was actually waiting until I got a PC headset to play it, not realizing there is no VR support on pc

oh, ok. may try it out then. I was actually waiting until I got a PC headset to play it, not realizing there is no VR support on pc

I thought RE7 on PSVR was amazing, a must buy imo. Just a heads up, it has a poor initial impression because you start outside in the daylight where the graphics aren't so great. That only lasts like 5 mins though, the rest of the game is very immersive.

LordKasual

Banned
Let's be real here...

Nk4erU2.png

Been like this for what seems like months. Phil was right to not chase this dead end, and Sony is yet again letting one of their peripherals just die without so much as a whimper or trying to do anything with it.

martin.png

my guy

do you not know how search works?

what is this thread

The amount of non-arguments taking place, personal insults, insecure fanboy oriented dismissals, attempted shifts to sales figures, goading as if there's some kind of envy (I own the damn thing lol) and somehow dragging Xbox into the discussion is pretty incredible.

I've never seen this amount of insane defense for something which is on a pretty severe downturn, getting substantially less software than normal, getting much worse software and only about 4.7% of the install base actually purchased it.

Where do you people come from?

yo, you literally made a clickbait, drama, BS thread and now you're acting like this?

so many clowns making these threads man. What is happening.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Honest to God, I knew who made the thread before seen that 🤣

Bunch of users are on a mission here , I can name them all.

My advise to you OP: contribute well to this community by posting threads about your favorite brand instead of trying to sabotage Playstation as much as you can , because your efforts will end up in vein and as usual ... Playstation will achieve more success than "your brand" no matter what you do 🤣

LordKasual

Banned
VR is the future. I hate to admit it, but it just is.

At some point it's going to be cheap enough to own where it's common.

And at that point, whoever has the best+cheapest VR is likely going to enjoy Nintendo Wii levels of success.

might be another console generation from now, but you heard it here first

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
VR is the future. I hate to admit it, but it just is.

At some point it's going to be cheap enough to own where it's common.

And at that point, whoever has the best+cheapest VR is likely going to enjoy Nintendo Wii levels of success.

might be another console generation from now, but you heard it here first
1440P per eye, foveated rendering, wireless PSVR2. Profit.

Ps5ProFoSho

Let's be real here...

Nk4erU2.png

Been like this for what seems like months. Phil was right to not chase this dead end, and Sony is yet again letting one of their peripherals just die without so much as a whimper or trying to do anything with it.

martin.png
The earth is flat too, huh?
I'm really sorry that your mommy and daddy didn't love you enough. But that doesn't mean you should harass people with stupidity. I know that to people like you negative attention is still attention, but come on, go see a therapist

I got the PSVR package with 5 games for Xmas. Have been excited to check it out but haven't gotten around to it yet. At $200 I feel like it's a pretty good intro into VR and am looking forward to playing it on PS4 Pro. I've been reluctant to invest in PC VR since honestly I feel like it needs another iteration or three before it's worth the much higher investment. But at this cost I'm pretty sure I'll feel like I got my money's worth when all is said n done.

As for it being "dead"... Eh... I dunno. PSVR did its job. And to people like me it's new even if it's old. PSVR2 is coming and really that's a good thing. I prefer the Xbox ecosystem but I do wish they would jump into VR at some point. I get the feeling they are just letting Sony do the heavy lifting for now until the tech can be iterated on to shrink it down n get the price/performance to a place where it's got a legit shot at mass market. Right now it's still niche and I'd guess the higher ups at MS are justifiably a bit gunshy after Kinect 1/2.

Overall I'm excited about the future of VR and can't wait to experience PSVR with eyes wide open about expected limitations of the lower end hardware.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I got the PSVR package with 5 games for Xmas. Have been excited to check it out but haven't gotten around to it yet. At $200 I feel like it's a pretty good intro into VR and am looking forward to playing it on PS4 Pro. I've been reluctant to invest in PC VR since honestly I feel like it needs another iteration or three before it's worth the much higher investment. But at this cost I'm pretty sure I'll feel like I got my money's worth when all is said n done.

As for it being "dead"... Eh... I dunno. PSVR did its job. And to people like me it's new even if it's old. PSVR2 is coming and really that's a good thing. I prefer the Xbox ecosystem but I do wish they would jump into VR at some point. I get the feeling they are just letting Sony do the heavy lifting for now until the tech can be iterated on to shrink it down n get the price/performance to a place where it's got a legit shot at mass market. Right now it's still niche and I'd guess the higher ups at MS are justifiably a bit gunshy after Kinect 1/2.

Overall I'm excited about the future of VR and can't wait to experience PSVR with eyes wide open about expected limitations of the lower end hardware.
The issue is that most people buy only one headset. If that gets you motion sickness, you are out. If its lenses scratch, you are out. If it's a hassle to set up, you are out. The outlook for PSVR2 is not good.

Top Bottom