• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR PSX 2015 gameovergreggy shoutcast RIGS Mech Combat League

5taquitos

This is one of my most anticipated PSVR games. Looks to be a unique take on FPS, and we can certainly use more of those.

DJ88

It's amazing how the simple addition of a cockpit in the foreground makes your brain totally accept all the wild movement going on in a FPS. This looks like it'll be tons of fun. They just need to follow Rocket League's example and make those goals way more crazy. Fireworks, air horn, the works.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Baked lighting and no AI certainly help, but this looks far better graphically than I was expecting for any PSVR game.

Oppo

RIGS really tests the whole minimum graphical fidelity argument for VR. it's flat and not particularly fancy looking but the novelty of the experience trumps lack of SSAO or what have you, if the art style holds up.

Grinchy

Banned
lol so many comically lame moments in that video

Game looks super fun though. I really want to try this thing out as soon as possible.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Heard nothing but good impressions from people that actually played this thing. I'll give it a go once PSVR releases. Hurry the fuck up with the pre-orders already, Sony.

Not sure about the title, but the game looks good. I can see myself going in for a few matches every so often. The movement looks pretty fluid, too.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wow, lots of shimmering in the footage... looks really really low res.

Pretty sure it's 1080p (upscaling of any sort would REALLY suck in VR), but I noticed that too.

...HEY, I just now realized that it's because the video is just showing what one eye sees, so a 960x1080 image. That's what each eye gets when you're using the headset.

Tratorn

Never used a VR headset, but what happens when you have a laggy online connection? Couldn't some people get kind of dizzy, just like with a bad framerate?

PulseONE

Never used a VR headset, but what happens when you have a laggy online connection? Couldn't some people get kind of dizzy, just like with a bad framerate?

Lag doesn't usually cause a drop in framerate, though

Characters might suddenly teleport about, but the framerate should remain the same

This is stil the most fun thing Ive experienced in VR and I've played quite a bit. Yeah maybe I've seen more "impressive" demo's but in terms of just straight up fun its RIGS. If Sony is smart they will bundle it with every PSVR

Schrade

This happens:

image.php

Nicko

I was one of the first at PSX to play this, and got the sweet jersey they were handing out.

Game was really really cool, despite the fact that my unit was having some drift issues. Definitely excited about this and can't wait to PSVR down the road.

First moment of getting in the mech, and looking down at my own body was one of the most "WOW" moments I've had in gaming in a long time.

When you start a match, you are launched out of cylinder and shot 100 or so feet in the air. I was totally convinced I was that high up, and was legitimately scared lol.

When you start a match, you are launched out of cylinder and shot 100 or so feet in the air. I was totally convinced I was that high up, and was legitimately scared lol.

It legitimately made my stomach drop the first time it happened. The sensation of feeling like you are flying 100 ft in the air was crazy convincing

jaypah

This game (and the word of mouth effect of this game) is going to do well at selling PSVR to people. Looks polished and really fun. Anyone know if there will be bots? I don't really play online much anymore.

pottuvoi

Banned
Pretty sure it's 1080p (upscaling of any sort would REALLY suck in VR), but I noticed that too.

...HEY, I just now realized that it's because the video is just showing what one eye sees, so a 960x1080 image. That's what each eye gets when you're using the headset.
It's most likely de-warped as well.
Anyway, as resolution is quite low for such a wide FoV AA will be very important, will be interesting to see what methods developers will use. (Really hope for analytic methods etc.)

That plus they reverse the lens distortion and about half of the frame must be cropped to get it to 16:9 again.

reson8or

First moment of getting in the mech, and looking down at my own body was one of the most "WOW" moments I've had in gaming in a long time.

Goddamnit, I just realized one day, someone might make my dream of piloting an Evangelion a reality. Holy shit.

SarusGray

I was one of the first at PSX to play this, and got the sweet jersey they were handing out.

Game was really really cool, despite the fact that my unit was having some drift issues. Definitely excited about this and can't wait to PSVR down the road.

Oh god I can't wait!!! lol!

Top Bottom