• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR2 full specs and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor
This guy is know for it bullshit.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I own PSVR and OG Oculus Rift and this is just me, but the elaborate wiring for both have really hurt my ability to get into VR. I have a cramped gaming room, and it's just too much. I'm hoping eventually this can be done completely wirelessly. I don't see myself diving into VR heavily until then.

Md Ray

You have got to be one of the most misinformed people I've seen on this forum.
What a fucking moron. Comparing that multi thousand dollar audio setup to a 400$ console and bragging it’s better. Small dick energy through and through. Why are you in this thread? You’re not adding anything to it.
Yep, I just viewed his posts out of curiosity and...

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Yeah, putting that clueless clown on ignore was the best decision ever.

Last edited:

Romulus

In ease of use/convenience but not in quality vs wired.

Yeah but Quest 2 wireless PCVR is so good I would take that over wired any day. The trade-off in quality and latency just isn't there to make a case for wired in my option. If it was some big jump I would say otherwise. And if you really want wired, Quest 2 has that option. OPTIONs, something PSVR2 doesn't have as of yet. Hope they are coming.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Yeah but Quest 2 wireless PCVR is so good I would take that over wired any day. The trade-off in quality and latency just isn't there to make a case for wired in my option. If it was some big jump I would say otherwise. And if you really want wired, Quest 2 has that option. OPTIONs, something PSVR2 doesn't have as of yet. Hope they are coming.
I wouldn't take that trade off nor would I take the trade off of losing HDR and Sony made games ever.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
It's obvious cost reduction.

Romulus

I wouldn't take that trade off nor would I take the trade off of losing HDR and Sony made games ever.

trade off though? You can played wired or wireless. There' s no trade off there. The only trade-off is sony made games, which are essentially PC games within a few years. With the success of quest, I doubt those heavy hitters stay PSVR2 exclusive long considering how small their VR market will be. They can keep games on PS5 as exclusive, but there's just no way PSVR2 will take off enough to fund those games, especially when PS5 shortages. HDR is something you just get used to so quickly it doesn't even matter for me.

S0ULZB0URNE

trade off though? You can played wired or wireless. There' s no trade off there. The only trade-off is sony made games, which are essentially PC games within a few years. With the success of quest, I doubt those heavy hitters stay PSVR2 exclusive long considering how small their VR market will be. They can keep games on PS5 as exclusive, but there's just no way PSVR2 will take off enough to fund those games, especially when PS5 shortages. HDR is something you just get used to so quickly it doesn't even matter for me.
Wireless is not as consistent as wired.
HDR trumps anything other headsets offer visually.
A link saying Sony made PS5 games and Sony made PS5 VR games are coming to PC?

Romulus

Wireless is not as consistent as wired.
HDR trumps anything other headsets offer visually.
A link saying Sony made PS5 games and Sony made PS5 VR games are coming to PC?

Ah yes, now i remember you. Youre the guy all in on everything sony and anything else is bad. Wired is more consistent but ive never had an issue after dozens of hours. And you do realize quest 2 as standalone games too that don't need a PC for wirelesss connections. Its flawless and be played anywhere, unlike ps5 where you need to lug around that massive machine and wires for electrical and connectivity. Options.
I don't understand your source question. Im just stating that psvr2 games will sell far less than ps5 games that we know will come to PC.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Ah yes, now i remember you. Youre the guy all in on everything sony and anything else is bad. Wired is more consistent but ive never had an issue after dozens of hours. And you do realize quest 2 as standalone games too that don't need a PC for wirelesss connections. Its flawless and be played anywhere, unlike ps5 where you need to lug around that massive machine and wires for electrical and connectivity. Options.
I don't understand your source question. Im just stating that psvr2 games will sell far less than ps5 games that we know will come to PC.
Never said this wrong guy.
I don't care about your claims of never having a issue, it doesn't change the fact that wired is superior.

Quest 2 tech pales in comparison to the PSVR 2.
Lug around? Carrying a console around is a issue now? Yeah you are trolling.

We know Sony hasn't announced a single Sony made PS5 game for PC but keep trolling.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I dont follow anything VR related so just have a quick question. Could you hook this up to a PC and play Half Life VR?

Romulus

Never said this wrong guy.
I don't care about your claims of never having a issue, it doesn't change the fact that wired is superior.

Quest 2 tech pales in comparison to the PSVR 2.
Lug around? Carrying a console around is a issue now? Yeah you are trolling.

We know Sony hasn't announced a single Sony made PS5 game for PC but keep trolling.

Sony good, everything else bad. People in this thread and many others have been raving about the wireless PCVR connection for a long time. Its great, no two way about it. You're purposely using the word "superior" because technically it is, but almost all that is lost in human perception. Not to mention, you can play completely wireless without PC anywhere and there's no connection debate, so you will purposely ignore that.
Lugging around that huge console that you have to plug into an electrical device AND be in the range of it is the same as playing VR anywhere wirelessly? Ok. Trolling.
PS5 just came out, of course those games haven't been announced as PC yet. There's barely any exclusive as is. I made it clear, sony exclusives come down the road, just long enough for fans to bite and think they're getting "exclusives."

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Yeah, basically anyone who knows or uses VR regularly. Wireless in a gamechanger.
*FOR YOU*
Low battery and inconfortable heavy headset is a deal breaker. Quest optional strap is a pure joke compared to Rift S and PSVR ingenious extra confortable strap.

I absolutely don't give a shit about wireless, I want to play HOURS.

#WIRED4EVER
bath bathing GIF by Faith Holland

S0ULZB0URNE

Sony good, everything else bad. People in this thread and many others have been raving about the wireless PCVR connection for a long time. Its great, no two way about it. You're purposely using the word "superior" because technically it is, but almost all that is lost in human perception. Not to mention, you can play completely wireless without PC anywhere and there's no connection debate, so you will purposely ignore that.
Lugging around that huge console that you have to plug into an electrical device AND be in the range of it is the same as playing VR anywhere wirelessly? Ok. Trolling.
PS5 just came out, of course those games haven't been announced as PC yet. There's barely any exclusive as is. I made it clear, sony exclusives come down the road, just long enough for fans to bite and think they're getting "exclusives."
You are in here "trolling" PSVR 2.
I didn't know this was a Quest 2 or VS thread.

Romulus

You are in here "trolling" PSVR 2.
I didn't know this was a Quest 2 or VS thread.

I didn't either, youre literally going on about how superior wired psvr is, when quest 2 is wired also lol. And calling someone a troll is such a cop out. You were completely fine arguing it.

Romulus

*FOR YOU*
Low battery and inconfortable heavy headset is a deal breaker. Quest optional strap is a pure joke compared to Rift S and PSVR ingenious extra confortable strap.

I absolutely don't give a shit about wireless, I want to play HOURS.

#WIRED4EVER
https://media2.giphy.com/
media/5aY2MOdRZ2y8kQfIHH/200.gif

I have psvr, rift s, and quest 2. Quest 2 is very comfortable and theres no way you tried all the straps. "Optional strap' singular. This tells me youre uninformed. There are literally dozens of custom setups for comfort that are very different. There's no one strap, you just heard someone mention the Elite and probably blanketed that as every option. Its not even remotely close.

Last edited:

Rivet

*FOR YOU*

Yes, as a happy Quest 2 user who just finished a great 2 hour coop session on the old Arizona Sunshine, I must concur. Quest 2 is a bit uncomfortable compared to my PSVR1.

I hope PSVR 2 will be even more comfortable than its older brother. It matters a lot.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I didn't either, youre literally going on about how superior wired psvr is, when quest 2 is wired also lol. And calling someone a troll is such a cop out. You were completely fine arguing it.
Reading through the thread, you were doing this before talking to me.

Romulus

Reading through the thread, you were doing this before talking to me.

So you decide to jump in, then several posts later you decide we're making it is versus thread? But only I'm at fault? You were literally participating if that's the case. To which I disagree either of us were trolling. Also, quote where I was making it a vs thread before.

You're not even arguing the biggest advantage PSVR2 has, so it just shows me you're uneducated on the subject

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

I'm definitely a car person. Dsp, DAC, quality amps. Pushing 15 thousands watts in my car, I can float a pillow in my window.

Again, a dedicated DAC will outperform a basic limited DSP.

Let me ask you a question, why do you think psvr2 will have a full copper chassis, with German caps and the whole 9 yards? If you think you are getting premium audio with an outsourced product, sold to masses for cheap, I have the whole United States for sale. Give me 20k, and I'll sell you the whole United States.

I'm not sure why you think you have me beat in this scenario, when you clearly don't have a clue about this at all.
What system are you running in the car?

S0ULZB0URNE

So you decide to jump in, then several posts later you decide we're making it is versus thread? But only I'm at fault? You were literally participating if that's the case. To which I disagree either of us were trolling. Also, quote where I was making it a vs thread before.

You're not even arguing the biggest advantage PSVR2 has, so it just shows me you're uneducated on the subject
I decide on the last page that I noticed what you are doing.
After quoting back and forth I look through the thread and saw more.

I did mention advantages of PSVR 2.
Uneducated is trying to compare a casual FB made headset.

Romulus

I decide on the last page that I noticed what you are doing.
After quoting back and forth I look through the thread and saw more.

I did mention advantages of PSVR 2.
Uneducated is trying to compare a casual FB made headset.

You're missing the PSVR2's biggest advantage over Quest 2, but keep pretending you know it. The Quest 2 is casual, but it's also extremely viable for PCVR. You're literally pitting the Quest 2 against a headset that isn't even out yet. Quest 3 or the Pro could easily be out by PSVR2's launch, now that would be fair. You're talking a 2-year disparity in technology that's moving lightning fast, and you're okay with that, despite it being cheaper too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom