• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR2 is picked up as a 1080p second screen when plugged to a PC. Controllers recognized too.

Rudius

"During our review testing, I tried connecting the PSVR2 to a PC directly into a USB-C port on an AMD Radeon RX 6800XT GPU. Windows picked it up as a second screen and limited the resolution to 1080p, but SteamVR just kept asking me to plug in my VR headset, as it couldn’t recognize the PSVR2."

"Sony hasn’t encrypted the video signal over USB-C, but without driver support, there’s not much you can use the headset for other than a fancy second screen. I also tried the PSVR2 controllers, connected via USB, and they show up as HID compliant game controllers. I’m hopeful that someone might get this all working eventually, in much the same way that PSVR has been modded to work on PC."

yz2tUk3.jpeg

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/16/23602368/sony-playstation-vr2-pc-support

Edit.
The guy that made the driver to use PSVR with Steam VR, iVRy, said this on Reddit:

"Yes, it is promising. I will be getting one next week, with the view to making it work on PC. Obviously, no promises can be made, and who knows how hard it will be or how long it will take, but I will be combining my knowledge of PSVR1 with hardware hacking (USB protocol analysers etc.). It's possible that it may take a custom cable for PSVR2 to work on PCs that don't have USB-C ports with DP-Alt mode and sufficient power delivery.

Please be patient. There will be a *lot* of noise regarding everyone's speculation in the coming weeks/months."

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Omg....please allow this to work ASAP and I will buy.

This would help sales massively so why not?
This really. I have a 20% discount on my PSVR2 and still on the fence just because the PC support.

I might buy it at the end of the day and test it. But if I see any dead pixel on this shit I am returning it asap.

It's really hard price to swallow when the only game worth playing is GT7 ( and no that horizon game is not worth it and should be free with the thing )

If it gets official PC support (or works well enough to be the equivalent) then it's my next VR headset once my trusty ol Samsung Odyssey + shits the bed. (Or before if I get some sort of second setup so kids and I can play together).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This really. I have a 20% discount on my PSVR2 and still on the fence just because the PC support.

I might buy it at the end of the day and test it. But if I see any dead pixel on this shit I am returning it asap.

It's really hard price to swallow when the only game worth playing is GT7 ( and no that horizon game is not worth it and should be free with the thing )

Gt7 will be incredible to be fair but if I could get those working on steam and the meta store I'm in.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'd totally buy it if someone (or Sony) can get it fully functional with the eye tracking and all controller features etc., not some half baked thing or with some crazy overhead on the software or a very hacky method that doesn't guarantee compatibility and what not (kinda how DS4Windows is for DS4). Cos for around ~600 that's the best for sure and a pretty sweet upgrade from Rift finally. Anything else is just a resolution bump (other than stand alone use being cool to have too on the Quest line and competitors of course) and the better stuff cost a ton more. Well, after PC upgrade first.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I’d buy one instantly if scummy greedy PC modders don’t charge me money to use it like they did with the VR1. Unless there’s some other free alternative program I don’t know of for that one.

Last edited:

SHA

Re village vr looks downgraded on ps5 and nobody talks about it except hyping the f game , actually looks way worse than the original game , wtf , is this a new way from Sony to market the game by keeping it low profile like it doesn't matter cause everyones eyes on re4make? , wtf ,
***RE VILLAGE VR MATTERS*** .

Last edited:

Crayon

Re village vr looks downgraded on ps5 and nobody talks about it except hyping the f game , actually looks way worse than the original game , wtf , is this a new way from Sony to market the game by keeping it low profile like it doesn't matter cause everyones eyes on re4make? , wtf ,

But you haven't actually seen it.

Rudius

Would this not suffice?

hlcrq1zilvga1.jpg

Romulus

That's exactly the opposite of what we heard from people that played it. They're all lying?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If the modders dont figure it out fast, Sony will announce official PC support down the line.

And for any naysayers, just remember Sony's stance on PC ports up to 2020 when they had zero ports. Then it was floodgates open with a new port every quarter now.

vivftp

Omg....please allow this to work ASAP and I will buy.

This would help sales massively so why not?

"Why not" is the same reason folks have been giving every time this question comes up - there currently is no way for Sony to effectively monetize PC sales of VR content. The PSVR2 likely isn't being sold for any real profit, it could even be sold at a bit of a loss at launch. Sony would just be giving away headsets to the PC community and get nothing in return. As time goes on and they can put more PSVR2 compatible content on PC, or possibly introduce some sort of PlayStation store front on PC, then it becomes a very viable option. Until then, it's just not realistic.

Not to mention the PC community would snap them up, reducing the available units for the PS5 community where Sony actually CAN make money right away.

Romulus

I played it on series x , looks less detailed on vr , there's no doubt.

I would bet it looks waaaay better in VR overall. Full sized scale, depth perception. You're looking at tiny character models on a TV with zero sense of scale, even if you have a 200 inch TV it doesn't compare.

This is great news. Even if modders can get it functioning as any other VR set, that’ll do for me. Got a few games on PC that I’d like to go back to, including Alyx.

Denton

PC support is a real pre-requisite for me buying this. One headset for both platforms is good. Buying separate headsets for each platform is...idiotic. So here is hoping some good programmers figure this out, if Sony ain't willing.

Top Bottom