• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness hits PS4, PS Vita and PC September 16th

Loudninja

Greetings, my fellow doods! Chris King from NIS America here to give you some fresh information on our upcoming title, Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.

We are happy to officially announce that the game is coming to Europe on 16th September for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita!

For those who may not know much about Psycho-Pass, allow me to share with you a brief history: Psycho-Pass originally began as an anime television series, airing in Japan in 2014. The anime received critical praise and quickly made its way to the West and grew to become very popular within the anime community. Written by Gen Urobuchi, best known for his dark style and unforgiving plot twists, Psycho-Pass tells a dystopian sci-fi tale for the ages…
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=719571033120899072&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

September 13th for the US
http://nisamerica.com/games/psycho-pass/

Rymuth

Wario64 tweeted out LE on Amazon.

PS4 and Vita
Limited Edition adds all of this in a Collectible Box to keep everything neat and organized.
Soundtrack CD in Jewel Case: Reenter the world of PSYCHO-PASS with this selection of songs directly from the game!
3 pencil boards (7" x 10"): Practice drawing your own dystopian worlds on these pencil boards decorated with special promotional artwork.
Microfiber cloth (6" x 6"): Polish your game system or glasses to a mirror shine with this handy microfiber cloth!
Deluxe Softcover Art book (7" x 10", 72 pages): Pore over the game's gorgeous artwork and check out commentary from the cast in this deluxe art book.
Huh...as far as LEs I've seen, that's new.

robotnik

k6mfrbv.jpg

http://store.nisamerica.com/psycho-pass-limited-edition

Seems like Steam release may not be the same time as consoles because the press release mentions PS4 and Vita release dates for EU and NA and then mentions this line -

The game is also coming to Windows OS via Steam, and we will have more information on that at a later date.

jrcbandit

Was the Japanese release of the game well received? The second season of the anime was pure trash and not worth the time, I think most of the staff of the first season instead worked on the movie.

I conflicted on this because I loved the first season of the anime but was not thrilled about the second.

Glad its localized either way though.

I pre-ordered a copy of the game for PS4. Not sure if I'll keep it, I still need to watch the anime. I've heard the first season is good, second not so much. I'll have to get on watching it.

breakfuss

Woooowwww. Really?!?? I'm hardly what you'd call an anime fan but I absolutely loved this show. Was completely hooked to season on Netflix.

Arkeband

Banned
I pre-ordered a copy of the game for PS4. Not sure if I'll keep it, I still need to watch the anime. I've heard the first season is good, second not so much. I'll have to get on watching it.

The first season is incredible and has its own contained story, just ignore the second season unless you're extremely curious.

Damn, that 20% discount on Amazon is making it so much easier to buy stuff like this. Mmmm. Two LEs for two games on Vita in one day? Amazing. Thank God NISA and IFI are supporting Vita.

SOLDIER

If Urobuchi is only providing supervision i'm not touching it because of how absolutely awful Psycho Pass 2 turned out.

That seems to be the magical buzzword that turns Urobuchi's name from excitement to dread.

"Story by Gen Urobuchi..."

(woo!)

"...(supervisor)"

(oh....)

Happened with the Madoka portable games too, aka "Isn't Homura just awesome and everyone else a complete and petty idiot you guys?"

But I believe this VN got positive buzz, so I'm a bit more hopeful. Also it takes place during season 1 so no appearance by the Ana Lucia equivalent of season 2.

Top Bottom