• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT and others games recreated in Dreams WTF!!!!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oh wow there are still EU players who signed up and didn't get a code, what a shitty pretentious studio.

We know you hate MM and Dreams. I don't know why you need to keep reminding us. Can't you go back to the other forum or was that ban permanent?

Last edited:

julio_grr

We know you hate MM and Dreams. I don't know why you need to keep reminding us. Can't you go back to the other forum or was that ban permanent?
He does have a point though. Their communication around this beta has been more than horrible. Lots of people still do not have codes.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
He does have a point though. Their communication around this beta has been more than horrible. Lots of people still do not have codes.

People who are legitimately interested in Dreams have a point. He's just continuing his trolling in every Dreams thread.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The plot thickens:

Yeah, he's been discussing it on the forums. I asked him how long it took him to make and whether he'd make the whole experience. He said that it took him around a week but college was coming up and he'll likely continue making it when the game releases.

iconmaster

Banned
GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger I've been wondering for a while whether your involvement with Dreams extends beyond playing the beta. You just seem to know things.

(Not about to accuse you of bias; purely curious)

I don't have a code either but don't complain, we all don't fit in the beta or it might collapse. It's normal they got their stuff under control and check how the community behaves in terms of copyright breaching, troll levels with sexual content, etc.

I got a plot idea for something called "Welcome to Yharnam" , set in present day.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This game is going to be lawsuit hell

Probably the reason for a tight NDA. As I've been saying to people who insist 'it was fine in LBP', this is different. You can actually make replicas of games with this that, without knowing some of Dream's idiosyncrasies (such as splats), you'd be forgiven for thinking it was the actual thing.

Ar¢tos

Oh wow there are still EU players who signed up and didn't get a code, what a shitty pretentious studio.
If they are shitty and pretentious just because of that, I can't imagine what you think of Bethesda selling Fallout 76 in pre-alpha state... Even the CE physical items were sent in pre-alpha conditions (nylon instead canvas, plastic bottle instead of metal/glass).

Shmunter

Fascinating. Had no idea this was such a powerful development tool.

Will people be able to publish and moneytise projects in the future? Perhaps even standalone games outside of the Dreams environment?

I would love a slew of cinematic platformers ala Another World, Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, etc.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Fascinating. Had no idea this was such a powerful development tool.

Will people be able to publish and moneytise projects in the future? Perhaps even standalone games outside of the Dreams environment?

I would love a slew of cinematic platformers ala Another World, Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, etc.

MM have said they're considering it for the future but now isn't the time to be discussing this. Dreams relies heavily on the very best to produce games/experiences/movies/music to fill the service with compelling content or to give away well made assets. If the talk of money prevents them from doing that then Dreams will die rapidly.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This kind of highlights the downfall of Dreams. If you are talented enough to do that with Dreams, why wouldn't you just start using Unity and have infinitely more freedom?
Maybe because you cannot program? This is solely living of its visuals and music, there is basically no gameplay. To do the same thing in Unity, you would need some level of programming.

Dreams doesn't convince me until they adress the following:

1) Make it possible that content can be sold to the consumer with a infrastructure that comes with it
2) Make it multiplatform.
3) As powerful as current engines but far more easier to develop for. ( i think there is high demand for this )
4) Creations of mods for PS5 games if non of the above works out.
5) Free but gain royalty's the moment sales happen.

They need to be very clear on these things but honestly all i see is some nice little big planet maps that honestly have no value to anybody.
Your post has to be a joke.
1)A lot of the content is gonna be infringement.
2)When does Sony publish Multiplatform games?
3)you want Dreams to be as powerful as Unreal but more simple to develop for? Where’s your head
4)Dreams, some how mod PS5 games?
What are you smoking?
5) Royalties of a 60 dollar game?
This game is going to be lawsuit hell
Companies are protected from User generated content. AKA YouTube.

Shmunter

MM have said they're considering it for the future but now isn't the time to be discussing this. Dreams relies heavily on the very best to produce games/experiences/movies/music to fill the service with compelling content or to give away well made assets. If the talk of money prevents them from doing that then Dreams will die rapidly.
Could be quite the disruptor if creative access is given to a much bigger pool of people. People with amazing ides but limited technical ability may genuinely surprise gamers.

Enjay

Banned
I forsee a lot "copyright claims/strikes" or whatever they'll be called being used on this game. Never has hype been generated and then killed by 2 consecutive tweets.

Last edited:
I take it that cloning existing games is a way of boasting and showing off what you can make in Dreams. This should be something transitory after which people would move on to their own creations.

In the meantime, Sony needs to figure out how they are going to motivate the community in doing original stuff and what rewards they may get for it. Games, music, movies... there are no limits. It would be truly a shame this is just written off as a poor-Mario clones creator.

I will not complain if someone manages to create Bloodborne 2, though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I take it that cloning existing games is a way of boasting and showing off what you can make in Dreams. This should be something transitory after which people would move on to their own creations.

In the meantime, Sony needs to figure out how they are going to motivate the community in doing original stuff and what rewards they may get for it. Games, music, movies... there are no limits. It would be truly a shame this is just written off as a poor-Mario clones creator.

I will not complain if someone manages to create Bloodborne 2, though.

I don't think it's boasting per se, but rather practice. Coming up with a unique idea with unique gameplay and a unique character AND learning the tools is a big ask so I think many cut their teeth on projects they're familiar with.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Never really looked into this game until this past week. I'm now really looking forward to this game.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Never really looked into this game until this past week. I'm now really looking forward to this game.

I would recommend not going to his twitter account. He has lots of footage we haven't seen in the streams ... Really good stuff too ... Just don't look. I haven't.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
you mean is fake?
Where? Far as I can see there are just PT & Dead Space on his Twitter, nothing else.

Oh, damn. It's not the account I thought it was. There is another one but I aint linking it. I was just ... sorta ... pointing ... without getting involved. By the way, those graphics are nothing compared to a demo I've just been looking at. Watch out for a group calling themselves Disarmed if you get on the beta. And a chap called Flipyap.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Oh, damn. It's not the account I thought it was. There is another one but I aint linking it. I was just ... sorta ... pointing ... without getting involved.
You realise how an NDA works, right? It forbids you to put out content but if you point out someone else is doing it, that's entirely on them.

Geki-D

Banned
I believe I've come across the elusive Twitter that features stuff (though there isn't all that much on there). There are a few more noteworthy tweets:

Though honestly rather than look at videos I decided to boot up the beta myself and play some stuff. There's a really good classic Tomb Raider clone on there called Toon Raider which is decent. That mario level, I tried and it looks like Mario but plays nothing like it, needs work.

iconmaster

Banned
It'd be hilarious if folks just started posting clips of old video games and claiming they were made in Dreams.

"Street Fighter II Turbo recreated in Dreams!"

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I'm grateful to have been in the Beta. I don't know what I can and can't say about it.

I use pro game dev tools on a regular basis, particularly UE4. It reminded me a lot of UE4 Blueprint - a visual scripting environment - but more integrated into the environment. And there are some lovely tools in there.

It's impressively powerful. You will definitely see professional work on this platform.

Oh, damn. It's not the account I thought it was. There is another one but I aint linking it. I was just ... sorta ... pointing ... without getting involved. By the way, those graphics are nothing compared to a demo I've just been looking at. Watch out for a group calling themselves Disarmed if you get on the beta. And a chap called Flipyap.

Any chance you can put together a beta “guide” of some names and things to do and check out? Im gonna be getting in tomorrow (finally)... would love to have an in on the better content and not waste much time dicking around with randos stuff since my beta time is very limited

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Any chance you can put together a beta “guide” of some names and things to do and check out? Im gonna be getting in tomorrow (finally)... would love to have an in on the better content and not waste much time dicking around with randos stuff since my beta time is very limited

If you go to my account, check out my collection, you'll see some good stuff. When you first click on what you want to look at, you'll see the users name. Click on that to find the other stuff they've made. Go straight to Flipyaps stuff for the most impressive graphics.

Xenon

After playing pretty much most of the LittleBigPlanet series, stuff like this doesn't really get me excited. Because I was more interested in playing games than graphical showcases. Unfortunately the latter dominated playlist and higher ranked levels. So finding something to actually play was pretty challenging.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
After playing pretty much most of the LittleBigPlanet series, stuff like this doesn't really get me excited. Because I was more interested in playing games than graphical showcases. Unfortunately the latter dominated playlist and higher ranked levels. So finding something to actually play was pretty challenging.

Forget LBP. Put it out of your mind. Dreams is different. There are already lengthy, challenging games that play well.

Grinchy

Banned
Encounter:

This is so ridiculously insane. I feel like most people who haven't tried the beta can appreciate how cool this is but anyone who has actually tried making something in the beta knows how impossibly awesome this is.

Here I am still coming to grips with Move controls and practicing basic wall types and then I see this and it just blows me away.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is so ridiculously insane. I feel like most people who haven't tried the beta can appreciate how cool this is but anyone who has actually tried making something in the beta knows how impossibly awesome this is.

Here I am still coming to grips with Move controls and practicing basic wall types and then I see this and it just blows me away.

Yeah, it impresses creators more than it impresses those who haven't actually experienced Dreams. One thing I've been doing lately, just because it interests me, is going into other people's creations and optimising them. If you take them down to blue or deep blue, you can reduce the thermo a ridiculous amount. When I look at that level I wonder what the thermo looks like, especially in light of how sharp it is. I bet you could reduce that by half without losing much detail. I recently remixed a ray gun, that took up 100% of the thermo, to 14%, and a marble madness level set up from 17% to 4%.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Wow! Didn't think Dreams had this level of graphics and tech?! The game must have gone a complete overhaul!

The builds have changed but it's function and potential haven't. It's just that no matter how many of us tried to explain, people still thought it was 'just a bit better than LBP'.

Top Bottom