• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

bigkrev

First mentioned by Polygon's Russ Frushtick

And now people on Twitter are also confirming it is no longer downloadable

Guess you will need to pay 1000s of dollars on Ebay if you ever want to play the game!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
CD292Z4VAAAimLl.jpg:orig

Eusis

Welp, that's going to make future upgrades a bit of a pain. If only one could time travel with a future mega huge SSD to not worry about it... but then I guess many would do the same damn thing to get the demo in the first place.

Also makes Konami look like bigger asses, but then I guess when you're either exiting console/handheld games or at least greatly reducing the number put out it just doesn't matter how many bridges you burn down in the process with that base: you don't really NEED the people you won't have as customers anymore to also be happy with you. Though that can blow up spectacularly on you.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
This poor franchise is like a battered spouse at this point. It want's to do better, it just never can because it's evil spouse won't let it.

its a shame no new people will ever get a chance to play what is sadly the final version of SIlent Hills. thats your digital future btw, even tho you already own it you can't even download it... -_- thts why physical will always be where its at. Good thing I redownloaded PT incase this happened.

time to sell my PS4 now. mwahahhahaha

but seriously what the fuck konami? You went from one of my favorite devs to a piece of shit.

I have NO idea what Konami would gain by preventing people from downloading and playing this. Like it's not bad enough they've canceled the thing.

I can't remembered the last time there was a squandered opportunity that I had such an intense, physical reaction to. This fucking blows.

Edzi

Just tried, it says I cannot download. I'm from the US btw.

I really regret not downloading it... I assumed it'd be like all other games on your DL list, but I guess I was wrong.

Javin98

Banned
Fuck this shit. Fuck off, Konami. Here I was thinking I would be able to play P.T. when I eventually got a PS4. So much for that thanks to this shit.

Darknight

OMG at those who bought a PSN account with the game!!!

Damn that means if I upgrade my HDD, im gonna have to use Sony's backup thing which takes HOURS!!! :(

Top Bottom