• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG Announces 30 Million Players Across PC and Xbox One

SDMG

PUBG Announces 30 Million Players Across PC and Xbox One

PUBG is officially out of Steam Early Access, with the 1.0 PC version released a few hours ago (if you're an NVIDIA user, you can find the Game Ready driver here). To celebrate the occasion, PUBG Corp. sent out a press release announcing that the game surpassed 30 million players when considering the Xbox One Game Preview release as well.

CH Kim, CEO of PUBG Corp. and Executive Producer of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, said:

link

Note: There are currently 25.8 million user on Steam, are we looking at 4-5 million sold on Xbox?

25674241_10159732410430058_1008985765_n.jpg

Xdrive05

Thinking about getting it next week. I was a DayZ freak back in the day. This sounds like a highly refined and focused take on what made DayZ so good in its time.

I put off buying/playing it until the 1.0 release, and frankly I feel like I must be playing a different game to everyone else because it sure as fuck wasn’t a fun experience.
Lot’s of walking/running around, lot’s of rubber banding, lot’s of general fuckery.

Congratulations to Bluehole for the impressive sales, but I’m glad I can get a refund because it certainly isn’t the game for me.

Jigga

Players do not equal sold

Bluehole usually states sales, but as soon as Xbox gets into the picture it’s player count lol jk

I put off buying/playing it until the 1.0 release, and frankly I feel like I must be playing a different game to everyone else because it sure as fuck wasn’t a fun experience.
Lot’s of walking/running around, lot’s of rubber banding, lot’s of general fuckery.

Congratulations to Bluehole for the impressive sales, but I’m glad I can get a refund because it certainly isn’t the game for me.

I'm on PC and have been playing pubg on and off for a while. Put it down for a few months and came back to it recently for the 1.0 release and agree. The game runs smoother(4k 60 fps) but manily due to game ready drivers but the rubber banding is atrocious.

I'm on PC and have been playing pubg on and off for a while. Put it down for a few months and came back to it recently for the 1.0 release and agree. The game runs smoother(4k 60 fps) but manily due to game ready drivers but the rubber banding is atrocious.

Frame rate-wise, it was pretty much fine for me. 120-144FPS on the ground, but I had some harsh stutter and frame lock ups.

Downed a guy, then as I was finishing off the kill, the game suddenly froze for about 2 seconds, when it unfroze his buddy had already came in and killed me.

Hardly sounds like a comprehensive study into the accuracy of their data...

Oh! ...It's not.
Even the guy's who created Steam Spy have stated the numbers are not 100% accurate and developers have said it's not either, that's to be expected with anything using analytics to determine sales of games but they should be pretty accurate to within a 10% margin of error (according to one of the creators).

Having said that i wouldn't be surprised if the game had sold that well on Xbox One.

Players do not equal sold

Bluehole usually states sales, but as soon as Xbox gets into the picture it's player count lol jk

Players would be much higher, its a massive LAN café game in China
Often get squad were it seems like the whole family is playing, little kid, female, male all taking turns at the mic.

Manus

That's crazy and super fast. Only played one game of the 1.0 release and man the did a lot with the HUD. Loving the update so far.

It's not. Steamspy showing around 26 mil. players? Does this mean 4 mil. players on Xbone? No.
And also, steam numbers aren't updated yet.

I mean, if you want to get anal about it. Some could be multiple people/accounts on the same Xbox?
Some copies went for free with X1X.
There’s a margin of error in the Steamspy sales.

We could be looking at 27-28 million sales on Steam and 1.5-2 million players on Xbox.

It’s still damn impressive sales overall, and the lion’s share are all on PC which makes it even more impressive considering it had zero traditional marketing and sold off the back of word of mouth, streamers and YouTube.

Xiaoki

Sounds super amazing at first, but then you read that over 1 million accounts were banned in January alone.

Yeah, one MILLION banned in just a month.

Buying PUBG accounts with stolen credit cards so they can hack their way to loot boxes which sell for real money is huge.

Horns

Well deserved. I've been very impressed with the game and the support PB has been providing on Xbox.

i dont want to shit on the parade but the game is garbage. its a freaking arma 3 mod. seriously what is wrong with gamers today???

Lort

Banned
Who cares about fun and originality .. what matters is some guy on neogaf said he didnt like it .. the internet is wrong! The world is wrong !! Stop having fun!!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Good timing... you get a sexy sweet S with 4K bluray and HDR for all the tvs flooding the market, you get the biggest game on the planet, and you get a month of Game Pass ahead of Sea of Thieves.

A free buggy pre release rated M game. Great for everyone!

Top Bottom