• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG is now the biggest game on Steam in history | over 2m CCU, beats Dota 2 peak

luulubuu

Never played it, from a glance it looks like Day Z which i always intended on playing at some point.

What separates it and makes it special from similar games?

This is DayZ;

plain-toast-13460366.jpg

A good start that could deliver many experiences but it will never cease to be just this a toast, a toast that's also getting colder by the minute

This is PUBG;

Messy, delightful and probably could be better cooked, but it feels so good to eat and savor every time you can have one

Hektor

Are we SURE this game is GOOD?

I don't want a BAD game to win GOTY

Cos if a BAD game wins GOTY and it's multiplayer then it means there will b less GOOD singleplayer games like UNCHARTED but more BAD multiplayer games like PUBG.

If BAD multiplayer games will be the future of GAMES then i will QUIT gaming.

Strakt

Hey guys if ur new to pubg... Land at school or military base.. I garuntee that you'll have the time of your life.!!

Are we SURE this game is GOOD?

I don't want a BAD game to win GOTY

Cos if a BAD game wins GOTY and it's multiplayer then it means there will b less GOOD singleplayer games like UNCHARTED but more BAD multiplayer games like PUBG.

If BAD multiplayer games will be the future of GAMES then i will QUIT gaming.

Is this a meme I've missed out on?

Usobuko

Banned
I'm just here wondering how much farther this can grow.

With the rate it is expanding, It's like we are nowhere near the top of the curve yet.

jmizzal

This deserves GOTY.

This is the definition of a phenomenon. Not only that, but it is establishing or redefining a genre!

Since when was GOTY based on sales?

I cant wait for it to come to XBox one but it doesnt even look like a GOTY type game, maybe multiplayer GOTY

I'll be laughing so hard when i'll see GAF reaction if this game managed to win GOTY 2017.
lol

If PUBG leaves Early Access this year, it will land in 4th or 5th place on GAF's GotY list. Possibly lower, but I doubt it.

If PUBG doesn't leave Early Access this year, it's not landing anywhere.

I'm afraid the popularity of this game will be read the wrong way. All publishers are going to learn from this is that it is okay to release unfinished games with microtransactions.

As much as I like PUBG, it does a lot wrong that I think big publishers will try to take advantage of as well.

I am also not a fan of people wanting to Crown An Early Access game.

Phediuk

PUBG is GOTY imo and the first genuinely revolutionary game this industry has seen since, I dunno, Minecraft? Can't believe some people are still downplaying it.

And I hope its success puts the exclusion of Early Access games from awards to rest once and for all.

Yes I too enjoy bringing up games from more than half a decade ago.

Movin' dem goal posts all day long

The reality is that GAF picks a Japanese game as their GotY every year, except for the years they don't. 2 of the last 6 GotY winners (every year from this decade) are Japanese titles.

Top Bottom