• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG Launches dec 7th for ps4

Akuza89

Hey everyone, today we are thrilled to unveil the exciting announcement that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is officially coming to PlayStation 4! Bringing PUBG to the PS4 has been an ambitious project for us, and we are beyond thrilled to finally be sharing this news with the world.

What is PUBG?
PUBG is a battle-royale shooter where 100 players drop into a map and fight for survival. It’s a game of life or death as you explore and loot the map for weapons and armor. Internet and PlayStation Plus are required to play on PS4. Be the last one standing to achieve the elusive Chicken Dinner – bragging rights included.

Pre-order Bundles
PUBG will launch on December 7 with three iconic maps – Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok – with the highly anticipated snow-themed map coming this winter. The game will include all major features like custom matches, ranked system, event mode, Trophies, and much, much more.

Today, we’re kicking off pre-order sales with various options:

Disc Edition
$30 USD (MSRP) / $39.99 CAD (MSRP)
Includes: Base Game
  • Looter’s Digital Edition
    $30 USD (MSRP) / $39.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game
  • Survivor’s Digital Edition
    $50 USD (MSRP) / $64.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game, Vikendi Event Pass, 2,300 G-Coin Pack, 20,000 BP
  • Champion’s Digital Edition
    $60 USD (MSRP) / $77.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game, Vikendi Event Pass, 6,000 G-Coin Pack, 20,000 BP
Pre-order Bonuses – Digital Skins
We teamed up with our friends at Sony to bring you some amazing pre-order digital skins that will be included in each pre-order bundle.

Nathan Drake Desert Outfit
Uncharted Series

Ellie’s Backpack
The Last of Us

A few words from the PUBG HQ Team in Korea
From Koo Sung Jeong, PS4 Lead Project Manager:
“One of most memorable moments while developing PS4 PUBG was the first time we had 100 people join a test match. Before the test, the dev team’s mission was to deliver the finished product this year – it was a big challenge and it felt almost impossible. But as soon as we had 100 people drop in for the test, our confidence started to build and and we pushed ourselves harder to make everything happen. We are proud of the game we have created and can’t wait to get it into your hands!”

From Changmin Lee, PS4 Engineering Lead
“It’s always exciting and tense presenting our work to the players as a developer. Getting our game into the hands of the PS4 community that haven’t experienced PUBG is a thrill equal to creating a new game. Everyone on the PS4 dev team have worked passionately on every single moment of the game to create a perfect experience for our players – we hope you all enjoy your journey on getting a chicken dinner!”

As we prepare for the official launch on December 7, be sure to stay up to date on the latest news at our website and social channels. The team here at PUBG have worked tirelessly to bring our unique Battle Royale experience to this platform, and we can’t wait to start this new journey with you.

Some interesting pre-order bonus's for PS4 fans.

A shame since it's going to cost them a fair bit now, what with it being on games pass now... but! still some nice additions.

Calibos

Crossplay please.

Also, it's kind of a bummer because the Xbox version is still very unoptimized and this PS4 devlopment is most likely part of the reason for that. Hopefully the team will focus on that for both now that it's going to be out on both.

PaNaMa

Banned
Looking forward to Digital Foundry doing an analysis on this. I haven't seen any PS4/Pro footage yet, just a few weeks out from release.

FranXico

Crossplay please.

Also, it's kind of a bummer because the Xbox version is still very unoptimized and this PS4 devlopment is most likely part of the reason for that. Hopefully the team will focus on that for both now that it's going to be out on both.
I don't think so. The PC has also always been poorly optimized, should we blame the Xbox version for that?

Codes 208

Mmm no, PC has been ok for a while now, they also mitigated the desync with last patch (last week iirc).
The point is how long did it take for it to be fixed? The xbox version runs better now but not significantly and its been out for a year.

And then you have competition whove made it bigger and better like cod and fortnite.

My advice to my fellow ps4 fans: wait for a sale or games with ps+

Last edited:

NickFire

Will people be moving from Fortnite to PuBG?

We'll find out soon. I don't want to say no prematurely because the game is rather popular. But I'm finding the idea of a massive fortnite exodus over this rather doubtful. If they were free to play I'd expect them to put up a better fight. They still may see wild success, but taking the top spot for more than a week - just not seeing it. Too much traction was already made by Fortnite.

We'll find out soon. I don't want to say no prematurely because the game is rather popular. But I'm finding the idea of a massive fortnite exodus over this rather doubtful. If they were free to play I'd expect them to put up a better fight. They still may see wild success, but taking the top spot for more than a week - just not seeing it. Too much traction was already made by Fortnite.
That and hearing how poor the performance on other platforms was and still is makes me wonder if this will be a big deal now.

With Fortnite and Blackout already out.

VulcanRaven

Is this worth buying? The only battle royale game I have played in Fortine and I play it sometimes. 30 dollars/euros seems a bit much because Fortnite is free.

Aintitcool

Banned
It's going to perform like shit. Especially on PS4, and I doubt they will even get 30fps on pro. I mean if this game fucking fails to perform on the one x. You know they are just going to fucking ruin this. Will probably not have as many bugs though because sony's QA is a bit stricter than MS's.

Last edited:

theHFIC

I'll need to see it in action and how it performs before I even start the process of trying to get my PS4 friends on board with it. Plus with all of us about to have Red Dead 2 Online, it's going to be an even harder sell.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Is this worth buying? The only battle royale game I have played in Fortine and I play it sometimes. 30 dollars/euros seems a bit much because Fortnite is free.

I thought is looked and played like poop. Maybe try H1Z1 instead. Different game entirely, but free.

Patrick S.

Banned
It would be awesome if they managed to surprise us with a PS4 version that runs as good as COD. My biggest complaint about the Xbox version, as someone who doesn't have the maps memorized, it's that you can't see the buildings and towns from the airplane. I never know where to drop because I have no idea where is what.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
What is this game? Some kind of realistic Fortnite rip off?

It is slower and has many more gun/armor options along with more realistic bullet physics (I think). It also has crappy console performance and ugly graphics.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It’s going to be interesting how PUBG fares on a post-Blackout world. My assumption is that it’ll continue to have a solid PC userbase but will struggle on consoles. Do we know how the Xbox version is doing?

PsyEd

Lets see how well it performs in 30fps...and how many bugs. Games like FN and blops:bo is where the "fun" is at imho.

thelastword

Banned
This will be free 2 play in 3..2..1.....

Why?

1) 30fps
2) Worse visuals than all other BR games except Fallout 76
3) Charging money after it's been announced on gamepass

I think they are just cashing in on exteme fans of PUBG who may purchase, they will get some sales, don't get me wrong (by the faithful fans), especially those incentivized by the Drake and other skins, but I believe the base $30.00 package will be short lived...

MayauMiao

Meh too little too late. I'm only interested to see the benchmark for the PS4 version.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
My goodness, does this look even worse than I remember it......The visuals in this trailer are absolutely horrendous, is this finally running at 60fps on consoles with super ultra low settings?

Calibos

My goodness, does this look even worse than I remember it......The visuals in this trailer are absolutely horrendous, is this finally running at 60fps on consoles with super ultra low settings?

No 60 yet...and it is looking almost as bad as H1Z1 these days.

They seem to have gotten the framerate locked to 30 for both the high end consoles now though, which is a welcome sight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom