• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG passes 3 million players on Xbox One by end of December

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Because the resolution is being pushed by the advanced GPU. The framerate is bottlenecked by the extremely weak CPU.
The game will run in 4k on the X no matter what. Even on a 1080p tv it will render at 4k and downsample.
I wonder though if there was a 1080p mode on the X if it’d run at 60fps?

I wish they’d go the dynamic resolution route with this game and aim for a higher FPS.

Calibos

MS spin again, so in reality like 1.5 million sold?

Good result noteless
Moneyhatting is frowned upon amongst gamers no?

My guess is 2-3 million in sales.

They said “over 3 million players”...There is no trial for this game. There are, in fact then, over 3 million purchasers of this game on Xbox...Doing the math, that means there are over 3 million players.

I think this game proves the rule that graphics, resolution and frame rate can’t overrule an amazing gameplay loop. My heart gets going in every match and the closer it gets to the end, the more panicked I get...Rainbow Six comes pretty close to this, but Overwatch, CoD, Halo etc... don’t touch it. The recipe is near perfect.

Artistic

3 million unique players doesn't necessarily mean 3 million sales, when stuff like Xbox game sharing in existence. Or even just have multiple gamertags on one XB1.

It's a great game no doubt, but pretty much feel like people in general just follow the hype, me being one of them.

BionicRoo

It is pretty amazing: https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/20...cks-three-million-gamers-xbox-one-less-month/

Aaron Greenberg, head of Xbox Games Marketing, wrote in a blog post: “Since PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds launched on Xbox One through the Xbox Game Preview program, it’s been awesome to see the excitement and passion on display from the Xbox community. Whether you’re streaming in the HypeZone on Mixer or battling for a chicken dinner with your squad, players on Xbox are helping build and improve the game on console.
“You’ll continue to see regular updates roll out for PUBG on Xbox One, such as the addition of first-person support for solo, duo and squads gameplay, and the team is just getting started, with more updates planned that include additional game optimization and the new Miramar map.”
Xbox-PUBG-1-1-1-1.jpg

Night.Ninja

Banned
The game feels so much better on the x it feels so smooth apart from the early rubber banding. I remember you couldn't even free look why parachuting down with out drop frames now it's smooth

Top Bottom